Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disconnect disconnect disconnect

Platform
    PC
    After so much of this that and the other work around's. One league I participate in was a success SAT night. No DC's and no CTD's. It ain't pretty, but it can be done.
    Shneeb108 /us / EST / i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2x8 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ventured online tonight, having given it a rest for a couple of months after 5 out of six disconnects. Unfortunately, it's just more of the same, 5 more disconnects in six attempts to actually complete a race.

I'm beyond frustrated as I have good internet. This doesn't happen with any other online game i have.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cladandadum View Post
    Ventured online tonight, having given it a rest for a couple of months after 5 out of six disconnects. Unfortunately, it's just more of the same, 5 more disconnects in six attempts to actually complete a race.

I'm beyond frustrated as I have good internet. This doesn't happen with any other online game i have.
    That's strange.. I'm on virtually every night in all kinds of lobbies and can't remember the last time I was discoed. Is there a possibility that it's down to your router settings/ISP perhaps?

I'm on BT fibre to cabinet 75Mbps and have used the provided Homehub 6 and now a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with absolutely no issues, I only replaced the Hub 6 as it was having issues with UDP lag from the game.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brŗth

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    That's strange.. I'm on virtually every night in all kinds of lobbies and can't remember the last time I was discoed. Is there a possibility that it's down to your router settings/ISP perhaps?

I'm on BT fibre to cabinet 75Mbps and have used the provided Homehub 6 and now a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with absolutely no issues, I only replaced the Hub 6 as it was having issues with UDP lag from the game.
    I considered hooking up to BT tower but the local electronics store doesn't have a long enough cable. Checked my settings again and all is ok. I will continue to persevere with single player, which is still enjoyable. Thanks anyway.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cladandadum View Post
    I considered hooking up to BT tower but the local electronics store doesn't have a long enough cable. Checked my settings again and all is ok. I will continue to persevere with single player, which is still enjoyable. Thanks anyway.
    I don't really understand what you wrote here - are you saying that your PS4 is connected to the Internet through WiFi?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    I don't really understand what you wrote here - are you saying that your PS4 is connected to the Internet through WiFi?
    The subtlety of my humour can get lost in translation.

Yes, my PS4 is connected via wifi. I don't want to become a moaner, so I've given up on multiplayer as there is no guarantee that I can even finish a qualifying session, let alone a race without getting disconnected. 13 attempts, 1 completed race. Most of the time I didn't get as far as the actual race.

It's a real shame, as I now really want to test myself against others, rather than racing against ai exclusively.

I have never had any problems with other multiplayer games, other than PC2. I recently bought GT Sport just so that I can play multiplayer without disconnects. This can't be right because PC2 is the best racer i have ever played (i date back to ridge racer) etc.
    Last edited by Cladandadum; 29-04-2018 at 07:19.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Iím having the issue that whenever I join a lobby I get kicked out after a lap of sometimes immediately. I canít race online now on project cars 2 and itís really annoying! Iím having cable internet and a ps4.
    The following user likes this Post: Cladandadum