Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disconnect disconnect disconnect

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I used to suffer continual disconnects years ago on Xbox 360 with Forza, while other players were just fine, and nothing I did with port forwarding or any other router settings would make any difference whatsoever.

It was after I realised that I had a sub-standard router that everything changed. I swapped my crappy ISP provided unit for a decent Netgear and voila... not one problem occured afterwards, not one.

I'm certainly not implying that this is the issue that is plaguing you or others, but that cheap router was the cause of all of my connection issues.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth
    The following user likes this Post: Jetsun

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    I used to suffer continual disconnects years ago on Xbox 360 with Forza, while other players were just fine, and nothing I did with port forwarding or any other router settings would make any difference whatsoever.

It was after I realised that I had a sub-standard router that everything changed. I swapped my crappy ISP provided unit for a decent Netgear and voila... not one problem occured afterwards, not one.

I'm certainly not implying that this is the issue that is plaguing you or others, but that cheap router was the cause of all of my connection issues.
    A friend came with his ps4 and a copy of pcars 2,conected to my router and 0 problems....

I conected my PS4 and my copy of the game again... And suffering desconections from the server every single attempt, enter lobby, choose car, enter track and after loading... 15 - 20 seconds after "you are disconnected from the server"...

Up to SMS now to look into the issue....

I will wait until patch 5 to see if they improved network /net code /stability or what ever the problem is.

Otherwise I will have to sale the game, because I practically only play online on racing games
    Current Rig: Playseat Challenge + Trusthmaster T150RS + T3PA pedals + brake Mod.
    UDP APP's:RSDash, Dashmeter pro for AC/PC, PCarsTT.
    FFB PCars2:RAW,65,40,35,35,0'40.
    My lema: "SimRacing For Fun!"

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnced View Post
    A friend came with his ps4 and a copy of pcars 2,conected to my router and 0 problems....

I conected my PS4 and my copy of the game again... And suffering desconections from the server every single attempt, enter lobby, choose car, enter track and after loading... 15 - 20 seconds after "you are disconnected from the server"...

I will wait until patch 5 to see if they improved network /net code /stability or what ever the problem is.

Otherwise I will have to sale the game, because I practically only play online on racing games
    Good trouble shooting swap out technique, sorry it is still bad for you.
    Shneeb108 /us / EST / i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2x8 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I always seemed to get disconnected once or twice when I first went online each session, but then it tended to work OK after that. A couple of weeks ago I started getting continually disconnected a minute or two after joining a lobby; sometimes I'd get out of the pits or part way round the first lap, but never more than that.

After trying a wired connection instead of the usual wireless, and checking my internet connection wasn't dropping (without success), it finally occurred to me to try my old non-Pro PS4 and that has worked perfectly ever since - not a single disconnection.

Since patch 4 was imminent I decided to wait and see if there was any improvement on my PS4 Pro, but sadly there isn't.
    Now I don't know if the problem is PS4-Pro-related, or just "different PS4 related", but still with patch 4 my old PS4 works perfectly without disconnections, but on my PS4 Pro I get disconnected regularly.
    There's no other difference - they're both on the same network (PS4 pro tried both wired and wireless, PS4 normal only tried wireless as that works fine) and using the same wheel and TV.

If there is any more detail I can provide for the development team please let me know - I'd really like to get back to playing PC2 on my PS4 Pro so that the old PS4 can go back upstairs. Since there's no crash here there's no automated reporting for this issue.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Donnced, Jetsun, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PC
    Excellent data !!!!
    Shneeb108 /us / EST / i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2x8 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Has anyone from SMS acknowledged this issue?

I've seen several threads about it and I don't recall seeing any acceptance that it's a real issue, just questioning users' connections etc.

Each time I've tried my PS4 Pro online in the last few days (just to confirm the issue in my head, not with any great hope that it will have magically fixed itself) I've been disconnected before I got out of the pitlane, and in between I've done multiple online races on my normal PS4 in the exact same setup without a single disconnection.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I had this happen to me AGAIN ( it's happened to me personally probably 3 or 4 times while trying to compete in a race series online )...

I've seen it happen at least as many times to others. That is, while participating in races online ( a series / regular event with the same group of people ), where others are disconnected and can't get back in and the race was either totally abandoned because of so many people disconnected, or delayed for 30 minutes or more while the host tried to get things ready to go after dealing with their own disconnects.

Now , if I read some of the comments in this posting, it may in some way be tired to particular Playstation devices, as opposed to a individual's network connection(s).

I personally only have one PS4, but I do have two separate internet providers to my home, so I can switch back and forth if need be. At one point, I thought that one of my internet providers was a little more reliable and I could sometimes seem to be able to get past some disconnect problems by switching to my other provider. However, this weekend I was getting disconnected , regardless of which internet provider I was using.

Either way, this issue is really really annoying. It makes participating in group events that are part of a series , a major pain. I'm darn near ready to chuck all my participation is series , because of this whole issue.
    Playstation 4, Playseat Challenge, and Logitech G29 wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Tried a dozen online matches tonight, every time, You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session!!!,

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnced View Post

I wonder if the issue could be related to the PS4 itself then as your swapout suggests the PS4 could be a component in the disconnection issues.

It is so odd that some players have such serious connection issues and others are completely fine.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi everyone. Here at south america it's really bad to make an online lobby cause there're many disconnections. Really i don't know the issue cause. Tonight i joined public sessions with 16 people driving, and no LAG, no disconnection from anyone! Now, if i want to make a private session with friends from here, everyone with good connections, cable direct to the modem, etc. etc.. more of 5 people in the lobby it's really an adventure and one or two ever are going to be disconnected, also the LAG problem with cars going around the track in "slow-mo".
    Does anyone know how does the system really works? I read that it's a P2P connection, and there's no importance if i make the lobby room, or another player with worst connection does make it, because after the players are joining, the connection it's going to be shared between all.
    Anyone had better results with some magical solution?

thanks a lot !