Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Use of a button box

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Use of a button box

Hello,

has anyone ever used a button box with Project Cars 2? I play it on a PS4Pro and found the button box type R1A from Ignition very interesting. Does not only look cool but is recognized as a usb keyboard (so should be plug and play). Not sure if the rotary encoders and the momentary toggle switches on this device are compatible/useful with the edit assignment options in PC2. Currently I use a usb keyboard for the button assignment (and that works fine) but would rather have a button box.
    If someone could share his/her experience would be great.

Chrs!
    The following user likes this Post: stucar17

Platform
    PS4
    I use a button box I bought off eBay from bbj and it works fantastic.
    Previously I used a keyboard but found it hard to label the keys and see them with ease .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171019-094137.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	249360
    Just bought their blue brake mod for the t3PA pros which I can also recommend.
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Alex1996, Maverick944

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I use an IgnitiON Controls box and it works perfectly, you can assign any functions to the encoders or switches without issue. Rotaries are pretty cool for seat adjustments, brake bias changes while driving, on-the-fly FFB tweaks, ABS etc etc, I just wish I'd bought one with more functions now.

Name:	IMAG1454.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	249361
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Black TimeZzZ, Demon340, Jetsun, maTech, Sankyo, stucar17, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    I use an IgnitiON Controls box and it works perfectly, you can assign any functions to the encoders or switches without issue. Rotaries are pretty cool for seat adjustments, brake bias changes while driving, on-the-fly FFB tweaks, ABS etc etc, I just wish I'd bought one with more functions now.

Name:	IMAG1454.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	249361
    What a fantastic wheel you have there.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    What a fantastic wheel you have there.
    Haha, it will be even more fantastic in a fortnight or so when the new McLaren Rim gets dropped off by UPS, lol!
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jetsun, Sankyo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Indeed a great wheel! I want this wheel as an upgrade for my thrustmaster 500rs. I do not find your button box on the IgnitION website. Is it an older type? It looks similar as a DSD button box which is only pc compatible. Good to know that all kinds of switches can be mapped in PC2!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Haha, it will be even more fantastic in a fortnight or so when the new McLaren Rim gets dropped off by UPS, lol!

Name:	sub-buzz-4837-1503324513-4.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	249364
    Last edited by AbeWoz; 01-02-2018 at 12:20.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I also have an below Ignition Controls box (picture below, but replaced by a different version now). They are not cheap, but they are really nicely built, and work excellent. They look fantastic too.

Sum Dixon-Ear, I have plenty of buttons.... I actually wish there were more things that you could assign in PC2.

In case anyone using a box with rotary encoders (like mine) and the PS4, check out this thread. I found that there is an issue to get the PS4 to recognize every click of the rotary encoder unless you mess around with the settings of the box's programming. Thanks to a lot of great help from Rem over at Ignition Controls (excellent communication and help...). Perhaps oversimplified, but you need to set the programming so that the button-push of the rotary encoders is held a bit longer. Otherwise, the PS4 doesn't seem to recognize it every time. (On PC, no issue, it was only something that was happening when connected to PS4).

Name:	0PS4-NA1LEDS-2.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	249362
    The following 2 users likes this Post: stucar17, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosch001 View Post
    Indeed a great wheel! I want this wheel as an upgrade for my thrustmaster 500rs. I do not find your button box on the IgnitION website. Is it an older type? It looks similar as a DSD button box which is only pc compatible. Good to know that all kinds of switches can be mapped in PC2!
    Yeah, I bought that one a few years back now for pC1.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    I also have an below Ignition Controls box (picture below, but replaced by a different version now). They are not cheap, but they are really nicely built, and work excellent. They look fantastic too.

Sum Dixon-Ear, I have plenty of buttons.... I actually wish there were more things that you could assign in PC2.

In case anyone using a box with rotary encoders (like mine) and the PS4, check out this thread. I found that there is an issue to get the PS4 to recognize every click of the rotary encoder unless you mess around with the settings of the box's programming. Thanks to a lot of great help from Rem over at Ignition Controls (excellent communication and help...). Perhaps oversimplified, but you need to set the programming so that the button-push of the rotary encoders is held a bit longer. Otherwise, the PS4 doesn't seem to recognize it every time. (On PC, no issue, it was only something that was happening when connected to PS4).

Name:	0PS4-NA1LEDS-2.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	249362
    Damn, that BB is nice... so nice that I just ordered one... oops.
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat