Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Use of a button box

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosch001 View Post
    Hello,

has anyone ever used a button box with Project Cars 2? I play it on a PS4Pro and found the button box type R1A from Ignition very interesting. Does not only look cool but is recognized as a usb keyboard (so should be plug and play). Not sure if the rotary encoders and the momentary toggle switches on this device are compatible/useful with the edit assignment options in PC2. Currently I use a usb keyboard for the button assignment (and that works fine) but would rather have a button box.
    If someone could share his/her experience would be great.

Chrs!
    Got caught in the moment wanting to share my Ignition Controls box, and didn't answer any of your questions:
    - I believe they have specific versions that are intended for PC and also PS4. Mine works on both. You might just need to make sure you get one that is designated to work with PS4.
    - Mine works flawlessly. Excellent construction and quality. Mine is all metal housing, not plastic. Top notch. When I'm not using it, I put it on my shelf as a sort of little display....
    - They do have threaded holes for mounting on the back. But they don't come with any sort of mounting method. You need to figure that out on your own. I only have mine mounted in a temporary way, need to figure out what I'm going to do... They are quite heavy (quality), so any mounting method needs to be pretty sturdy.
    - Rotary encoders work fine, but important to know what they do. With PS4, see my comments and link in the post before this. They function as button pushes. Rotation right one click = one button. Rotation left one click = another button. You can push them in, and that's another button.
    - Everything is a button push as if a keyboard. So if you push buttons or turn knobs while your in a text window (example, chat session), you will see letters on your screen.
    - Mine has these nice little red lights (button tops, start button). There's a switch, where you either turn all the lights on, or off. It's not setup in a way that the individual lights go on/off when you push the individual buttons.
    - The joystick is 4-way. Up/down/left/right. I have mine set to adjust the seat position up/down and forward/back. Works great for that.
    - Unless somethings's changed, you probably need your own USB cord. On mine it's the USB-Type B end (I got the cord from my printer, which I never use).

- If you're keen on programming, pretty much everything is programmable with a small program and a PC. I understood you can even do Macros (like programming one of the buttons to send several different key presses in sequence....). Don't take my word on that though, because I've never done it. Just my understanding that it's possible...
    Last edited by Atak Kat; 01-02-2018 at 13:56.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Schnizz58, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Damn, that BB is nice... so nice that I just ordered one... oops.
    Did u check those panels for CLSE wheels, looks pretty nice too: http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/in-stock-now.html?m
    -- Steam: Jetsun -- CSL elite, CSP V3, SQ V1.5 --
    Be Water My Friend
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsun View Post
    Did u check those panels for CLSE wheels, looks pretty nice too: http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/in-stock-now.html?m
    Yeah, they are superb... but when my rig gets put away that would be too wide for where I put it... unfortunately!
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Got caught in the moment wanting to share my Ignition Controls box, and didn't answer any of your questions:
    - I believe they have specific versions that are intended for PC and also PS4. Mine works on both. You might just need to make sure you get one that is designated to work with PS4.
    - Mine works flawlessly. Excellent construction and quality. Mine is all metal housing, not plastic. Top notch. When I'm not using it, I put it on my shelf as a sort of little display....
    - They do have threaded holes for mounting on the back. But they don't come with any sort of mounting method. You need to figure that out on your own. I only have mine mounted in a temporary way, need to figure out what I'm going to do... They are quite heavy (quality), so any mounting method needs to be pretty sturdy.
    - Rotary encoders work fine, but important to know what they do. With PS4, see my comments and link in the post before this. They function as button pushes. Rotation right one click = one button. Rotation left one click = another button. You can push them in, and that's another button.
    - Everything is a button push as if a keyboard. So if you push buttons or turn knobs while your in a text window (example, chat session), you will see letters on your screen.
    - Mine has these nice little red lights (button tops, start button). There's a switch, where you either turn all the lights on, or off. It's not setup in a way that the individual lights go on/off when you push the individual buttons.
    - The joystick is 4-way. Up/down/left/right. I have mine set to adjust the seat position up/down and forward/back. Works great for that.
    - Unless somethings's changed, you probably need your own USB cord. On mine it's the USB-Type B end (I got the cord from my printer, which I never use).

- If you're keen on programming, pretty much everything is programmable with a small program and a PC. I understood you can even do Macros (like programming one of the buttons to send several different key presses in sequence....). Don't take my word on that though, because I've never done it. Just my understanding that it's possible...

Thanks for your info! Really helpful
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosch001 View Post
    Thanks for your info! Really helpful
    Thanks from me too, that box is pucca, joystick for seat, that would rule.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Jetsun

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    ... joystick for seat, that would rule.
    A bit uncomfortable perhaps?
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Jetsun, Sankyo, Walther9mm, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    This looks pretty good, I'm not sure if the DSD panels are functional on PS4 or not.. but the SRH Dashboard is.. not too expensive either -

http://simracinghardware.com/product...ion-4-edition/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fanatec-Dash-CSL-Elite-3.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	249430

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx69 View Post
    I use a button box I bought off eBay from bbj and it works fantastic.
    Previously I used a keyboard but found it hard to label the keys and see them with ease .
    Attachment 249360
    Just bought their blue brake mod for the t3PA pros which I can also recommend.

I use "BBJ" the same, and I change Buttons and add LED light
    That's great box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27393134_10155204802926546_1984563715_o.jpg  

Last edited by itonz; 02-02-2018 at 04:55.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hi Sum Dixon-AIR, DSD boxes are not compatible with consoles like the PS4.
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    I'm not sure if the DSD panels are functional on PS4 or not..
    yea looks like they are pc only, one more reason for me to go pc SMSoon ...
    -- Steam: Jetsun -- CSL elite, CSP V3, SQ V1.5 --
    Be Water My Friend