Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Use of a button box

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hi Sum, great IgnitionControls button box you have there . I ordered mine also - type R_1A - and hope to receive it quickly. Did you have to wait long for delivery?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosch001 View Post
    Hi Sum, great IgnitionControls button box you have there . I ordered mine also - type R_1A - and hope to receive it quickly. Did you have to wait long for delivery?
    Cheers bud, I love it.

Delivery was very quick, about a week from Poland to the north of Scotland... I would recommend grabbing a set of the glow in the dark labels as well, they are deadly!

EDIT : The luminescent labels are out of stock just now.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 19-02-2018 at 14:00.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Glad you found something helpful in that.
    The rotary work well in situations exactly as you describe. The encoders on mine also allow a third keypress if you push the knob in. I don't have a use for it, but it could be helpful if there was something that required an adjustment, and then an 'enter' to confirm it or something.
    RAM mounts are the way to go. When I do something, most likely will be from RAM. I think they're quite common for sim racing mount solutions. I'm pretty sure the hole spacings on the back of the Ignition Controls boxes are standard and can match perfectly to RAM mount hole spacings (might have to choose a specific one, but pretty sure they are standardized and will match)

The most impressive thing on the button boxes though are the ignition switch and start button. They look cool and awesome. They are the first thing people comment about. Eye candy for sure. Never use them though....
    I just wanted to check back in and let you know that I finally got around to getting my IC button box. It's not quite the same model as yours but very similar. I think they replaced your model with this one. The biggest difference I can find is that it only has 4 rotary encoders but that actually works out pretty well. I configured the top left one to open the ICM menu if you push the button; turning it right or left scrolls through the menus. Then if you push the button when you're already in the ICM menu it will go back (left) and if you push the button to the right of it, you select whatever option the cursor is on (right). The other 3 rotary encoders are for bias and front/rear ARB.

I don't know if this model is programmable with macros. If it is, how do I do that? I couldn't find any info on their website.

And I'm embarrassed to admit that I have used the Start Engine button as I stalled coming out of the pits the other night.

97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I just wanted to check back in and let you know that I finally got around to getting my IC button box. It's not quite the same model as yours but very similar. I think they replaced your model with this one. The biggest difference I can find is that it only has 4 rotary encoders but that actually works out pretty well. I configured the top left one to open the ICM menu if you push the button; turning it right or left scrolls through the menus. Then if you push the button when you're already in the ICM menu it will go back (left) and if you push the button to the right of it, you select whatever option the cursor is on (right). The other 3 rotary encoders are for bias and front/rear ARB.

I don't know if this model is programmable with macros. If it is, how do I do that? I couldn't find any info on their website.

And I'm embarrassed to admit that I have used the Start Engine button as I stalled coming out of the pits the other night.
    I hope you are happy with it. I still think they are some of the nicest boxes available. Did you get the PC version? Or the one for PS4/PC? I think I've understood some things more than before:
    - the version for PC, functions as a game controller. So when plugged in to windows it works like a gamepad or other device with windows. It looks to me like this is what you have.
    - the version for PS4/PC, functions essentially as a keyboard. This is what I have. So every button sends a keypress. That's why it can work both with PC and PS4.

I have done some basic programming on mine (no macros yet though), but I have the PS4/PC version and I'm not really sure how to do that if you have the PC only version. I would suggest to contact their support email and they can give you better info than me. Most likely you will get an email reply from Rem. Whenever I contact him, he's always very helpful.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The macro option is a nice option.

I will look in to that if thats possible. (On console you have to remap, the up down keys aswell) But that can be done easy with 4 buttons or an 4 way joystick. (Are also 4 button presses, but then in a joystick fitting)

Platform
    PS4
    I’m very tempted to get one of these button boxes. Struggling with how to mount it though. Everyone seems to suggest Ram mounts, but I don’t see an option on their website to mount using vesa mounTing and I think the BBJ and the Ignition controls have vesa patterns to hard mount. Any suggestions pls? How do people mount these things?
    Fast is a frame of mind. Unfortunately, so is slow.

PS4 - Fanatec CSL Elite - Fanatec HQ Shifter - Fanatec ClubSport V3 Pedals - Obutto Revolution

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by warth0g View Post
    Iím very tempted to get one of these button boxes. Struggling with how to mount it though. Everyone seems to suggest Ram mounts, but I donít see an option on their website to mount using vesa mounTing and I think the BBJ and the Ignition controls have vesa patterns to hard mount. Any suggestions pls? How do people mount these things?
    If you search for "vesa" on their website you will find them all. I think you need 100mm x 100mm?
    Ram Vesa mounts
    The following user likes this Post: warth0g

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    If you search for "vesa" on their website you will find them all. I think you need 100mm x 100mm?
    Ram Vesa mounts
    Correct. Ram does have VESA mounts. I haven't mounted mine yet; it just sits beside me on the sofa. But eventually I plan to mount it with a claw clamp to the post on my wheel stand.

Atak, I'm very happy with it so far. It worked perfectly right out of the box. The biggest problem was to figure out how to map all the switches. I contacted Rem to ask if the model I got can be programmed. If not, I'm still happy with it but that would be a great feature to have. My thought was to map a few buttons for common pit stop strategies.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: warth0g

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Correct. Ram does have VESA mounts. I haven't mounted mine yet; it just sits beside me on the sofa. But eventually I plan to mount it with a claw clamp to the post on my wheel stand.

Atak, I'm very happy with it so far. It worked perfectly right out of the box. The biggest problem was to figure out how to map all the switches. I contacted Rem to ask if the model I got can be programmed. If not, I'm still happy with it but that would be a great feature to have. My thought was to map a few buttons for common pit stop strategies.
    I had a few guests over the other day. My wheel is just a T300 with Playseat Evolution. Pretty 'mid range' as far as sim rigs go. But the focus of oohs and ahhh was the button box. It's just such a nicely built device.

Be patient for reply. Sometimes takes a couple days but for sure he will reply.
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Killg0re NL View Post
    The macro option is a nice option.

I will look in to that if thats possible. (On console you have to remap, the up down keys aswell) But that can be done easy with 4 buttons or an 4 way joystick. (Are also 4 button presses, but then in a joystick fitting)
    Aye, the macro option works. Good addon