Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Use of a button box

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    I had a few guests over the other day. My wheel is just a T300 with Playseat Evolution. Pretty 'mid range' as far as sim rigs go. But the focus of oohs and ahhh was the button box. It's just such a nicely built device.

Be patient for reply. Sometimes takes a couple days but for sure he will reply.
    Yeah I've already been in contact with him for a different reason but I'm not in a big hurry for a response. I originally ordered the transparent labels but after thinking about it I decided I wanted the luminescent ones instead because I wanted to put some of them on my wheel over the painted labels that are already there. He let me change my order to the other labels. Seems like a good guy.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Heard back from Rem and my box is programmable. He gave me the run down on how to do it so I'll give that a try when I get a chance.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Platform
    PS4
    I got a response about the button box that I just ordered. Apparently it’s 90 x 80 mounting pattern, so a bit of a weird one. It’s a BBJ button box. Any thoughts about mounting it? I think those ram minnts are 100 x 100, no?
    Fast is a frame of mind. Unfortunately, so is slow.

PS4 - Fanatec CSL Elite - Fanatec HQ Shifter - Fanatec ClubSport V3 Pedals - Obutto Revolution

Platform
    PC
    Correct, the Ram mounts are 100 x 100.

Ram also have some tablet mounts that might work for you. Rather than a plate that you screw the box onto, it has adjustable "fingers" that grip the box around the edges. I'll see if I can find a pic....

Here's what I'm talking about:

Last edited by Schnizz58; 10-10-2018 at 15:58.
    The following user likes this Post: warth0g

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    They have other hole patterns too. Maybe contact their support desk to see if something exists.
    Otherwise you could always get one slightly too big and drill holes in it I guess.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following user likes this Post: warth0g

Platform
    PS4
    Sigh.. yes I guess those are my options, thanks for those. Kind of regretting ordering it now, really don't understand why you'd make something with non-standard mounting holes :-(
    Fast is a frame of mind. Unfortunately, so is slow.

PS4 - Fanatec CSL Elite - Fanatec HQ Shifter - Fanatec ClubSport V3 Pedals - Obutto Revolution

Platform
    PC
    if anybody is interested, there is a website in UK that sells also abroad that makes affordable button boxes for PC, Ps4 and even Xbox one.
    simracing4u.com

check it outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190809-WA0051.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	273115
    Last edited by zebra_afs; 27-08-2019 at 03:05.

Platform
    PC
    Attachment 273116
    simracing4u.com