Thread: Fanatec csl elite ps4

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Fanatec csl elite ps4

Hi guys.....
    just a quick thread i'm having a few issue with my wheel with random crashes and errors total lack of feel..... i bought the fanatec csl elite as i thought it would be a step up from the t300 and don't get me wrong when the wheel works correctly in game it feels great

but having random crash maybe 3 4 times a session in practice with the wheel than having a seizure due to these crashes and worried this game is going to break my wheel with the violance of the force feedback

i am using raw 100 35 50 67 which give me the best feel when out on track but the games is so buggy sometimes i have very little feel at all.

i'd like to think i'm a half decent driver posting times of 1.45 around monza in the GTE but this is really annoying me with my wheel averaging 3-4 seizures and game crash a session

please help before my wheel breaks

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    That's an odd one to say the least.

I can only recommend that you ensure that the wheel is on the latest firmware version and that the LED is blue before starting the game with the wheel and not the controller, then recalibrate in settings. Might be worth also trying a different USB cable if you have one and make sure that the wheel is connected directly to the PS4 and not through a hub.

It would be worth posting all your settings (wheel and game controller) to see whether something may be amiss.

If nothing above helps then take a video of the issues and contact Fanatec support as something might be wrong with the wheel.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    That's an odd one to say the least.

I can only recommend that you ensure that the wheel is on the latest firmware version and that the LED is blue before starting the game with the wheel and not the controller, then recalibrate in settings. Might be worth also trying a different USB cable if you have one and make sure that the wheel is connected directly to the PS4 and not through a hub.

It would be worth posting all your settings (wheel and game controller) to see whether something may be amiss.

If nothing above helps then take a video of the issues and contact Fanatec support as something might be wrong with the wheel.
    i have no issue with other games just this one and only since i changed the firmware to the latest 293 tbh the lack of support on the game is a complete joke and is just pushing me towards pc racing

i always connect directly to ps4 and with ps4 mode blue light

i loved project cars 1 with my t300 but really feel this games as taken 3 steps backwards

do you connect the wheel while the ps4 is off or when its turned on' on the homescreen then leave wheel calibrate and connect to game

i will screenshot the error message i get and post it to the forum when it works its feels great but other times it utter crap and feel these issue are more ps4 or game related rather than issues with my wheel itself
    Last edited by welshman85; 03-02-2018 at 12:31.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I always turn on the wheel, press the PS4 connect button then launch from dash and start game with the wheel buttons... I also keep the controller turned off until I am actually in the game menus.

I misunderstood your first post... if the game is crashing like that I would recommend first to try a database rebuild and also reset the wheel config in game. If that doesn't help, try a fresh install. Myself and others use the wheel on pC2 with no real issues whatsoever.

Good luck.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I always turn on the wheel, press the PS4 connect button then launch from dash and start game with the wheel buttons... I also keep the controller turned off until I am actually in the game menus.

I misunderstood your first post... if the game is crashing like that I would recommend first to try a database rebuild and also reset the wheel config in game. If that doesn't help, try a fresh install. Myself and others use the wheel on pC2 with no real issues whatsoever.

Good luck.
    i do it the same... but don't use controller at all. fingers crossed just done 30 mins with no issues

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I hope you get it sorted mate, any issues that we've encountered have been solved by going through the above steps.

I would also make sure that the cooling vents on the console are thoroughly hoovered on a regular basis to prevent overheating... pC2 does push the system quite hard I believe.

Platform
    PS4
    .......I would also make sure that the cooling vents on the console are thoroughly hoovered on a regular basis to prevent overheating... pC2 does push the system quite hard I believe.
    That's something I've never really thought of doing but it makes sense to do as I imagine it could get muck inside the console over time. I don't have a handheld vacuum though. Do I need to get one or are there any other options for sucking out dust and stuff from the vents?
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    That's something I've never really thought of doing but it makes sense to do as I imagine it could get muck inside the console over time. I don't have a handheld vacuum though. Do I need to get one or are there any other options for sucking out dust and stuff from the vents?
    I just use the dusting brush/nozzle that comes with most upright machines and attaches to the hose... mind you we just got a cordless vac which is much easier to use.

Edit: The vents do get full of dust/crud pretty quickly as they are, by design, pulling in and expelling the surrounding air in a domestic room.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4
    I just use the dusting brush/nozzle that comes with most upright machines and attaches to the hose... mind you we just got a cordless vac which is much easier to use.

Edit: The vents do get full of dust/crud pretty quickly as they are, by design, pulling in and expelling the surrounding air in a domestic room.
    Thanks. I have no need for a traditional home vac as my home is all tiled but I might look into getting one of them hand held ones. Used to have one years ago but it went on the bum.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333