Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dedicated Server Workaround

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    It also didn't make the joining stutter better pre patch, nor weather problems, disconnect problems we sorted with DMZ, but yes the other issues are after your post, I just can't believe that nobody knew about this until this month?
    I think weather and multi-class is all fixed (see my thread stickied above this one). I didn't think about the DMZ vs NAT configuration though.

I am not running a server behind a DMZ at the moment, I will test latency issues tonight (1Gbps fibre) connection, if there is a lag its a binary issue and something is not configured right.
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....

Platform
    PC
    HI all < I asked this in the 3rd party apps,API thread but it sat for weeks with no reply so Im asking here to see if any of you guys might know the answer ! ;-)

I have a question regarding the on going collection of results that the data file stores ..

so far it has every thing ever done on the server from day 1 tons of results etc..

I see this line in the config: // Number of gameplay events stored on the server. Oldest ones will be discarded once the game logs more.
    eventsLogSize : 10000

If I change this to a lower number will it at some point only store the selected amount ?
    Ideally I would like to clear it after every Race/P/Q session so we have only the latest results stored ,as it is now the file is so big I need to compress it to download it from the server files ..lol
    we are on a rented rack service DS ..
    Thanks in advance ;-)
    CPU- AMD FX 8350 Black edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHZ (4.2Hz Turbo) AMD 125W, VID- Gigabyte Nvid 1080 , mobo- GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 R5 , PS- EVGA 1050W supernova, OS- Win 7 Ent, Mem- G.Skill 16G , G27, 50" LG 4K smart TV, Antec big box with lots of lights n fans :-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobo View Post
    HI all < I asked this in the 3rd party apps,API thread but it sat for weeks with no reply so Im asking here to see if any of you guys might know the answer ! ;-)

I have a question regarding the on going collection of results that the data file stores ..

so far it has every thing ever done on the server from day 1 tons of results etc..

I see this line in the config: // Number of gameplay events stored on the server. Oldest ones will be discarded once the game logs more.
    eventsLogSize : 10000

If I change this to a lower number will it at some point only store the selected amount ?
    Ideally I would like to clear it after every Race/P/Q session so we have only the latest results stored ,as it is now the file is so big I need to compress it to download it from the server files ..lol
    we are on a rented rack service DS ..
    Thanks in advance ;-)
    Easiest thing to do is delete the data file and then restart the DS. Simply deleting it doesn't work as there is a cached copy of it that reappears.

On a related note, have you had success with getting stats fornthe actual RACE session? I have only ever gotten stats data for Practice and Qualifying (yes, all sessions are configured to gather data).
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Easiest thing to do is delete the data file and then restart the DS. Simply deleting it doesn't work as there is a cached copy of it that reappears.

On a related note, have you had success with getting stats fornthe actual RACE session? I have only ever gotten stats data for Practice and Qualifying (yes, all sessions are configured to gather data).
    OK so delete the data file & then restart the server .. I will try this ! Maybe I will test the eventsLogSize : 10000 & try adjusting it to like 500 & see if it keeps it small enough to not need to compress it !

As for the simresults YES we are getting all data now thanks to couffi' find in the server files . the fix is in this thread ..after making thes edits we have all the data !
    CPU- AMD FX 8350 Black edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHZ (4.2Hz Turbo) AMD 125W, VID- Gigabyte Nvid 1080 , mobo- GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 R5 , PS- EVGA 1050W supernova, OS- Win 7 Ent, Mem- G.Skill 16G , G27, 50" LG 4K smart TV, Antec big box with lots of lights n fans :-)
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello everyone,

I do thank a lot phos4us for his clear explanations, time and help on how to run well the dedicated server! It's amazing to see that there is no official sources from SMS in that regard. As for me, I can now run the dedicated server very finely at the same time I learnt more about settings!...

Though, I have a question and by advance, I thank any person who can bring any answer here:

It looks impossible to send invits to any steam friends from the dedicated server itself so that they can join it. So far, they have to find the lobby name by themselves through the online mode of the game to enter in.

Indeed, the"invit link" that usually exists inside a classic lobby on the upper right part of the page is missing here. Also, guys cannot join from my personal steam page too (server not responding); the same if I press maj + tab to open the overlay, looking for steam friend list, sending request to invit.

Is it really impossible to send invits?! Any reason for that missing command into the dedicated server?, cause it can cause real inconvenience...

Regards
    Last edited by Emilio Sachs; 11-03-2018 at 10:22.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Sachs View Post
    Hello everyone,

I do thank a lot phos4us for his clear explanations, time and help on how to run well the dedicated server! It's amazing to see that there is no official sources from SMS in that regard. As for me, I can now run the dedicated server very finely at the same time I learnt more about settings!...

Though, I have a question and by advance, I thank any person who can bring any answer here:

It looks impossible to send invits to any steam friends from the dedicated server itself so that they can join it. So far, they have to find the lobby name by themselves through the online mode of the game to enter in.

Indeed, the"invit link" that usually exists inside a classic lobby on the upper right part of the page is missing here. Also, guys cannot join from my personal steam page too (server not responding); the same if I press maj + tab to open the overlay, looking for steam friend list, sending request to invit.

Is it really impossible to send invits?! Any reason for that missing command into the dedicated server?, cause it can cause real inconvenience...

Regards
    The inability to send invites, or join from.friends list is a.known and documented "issue". I say "issue" because the reasoning behind this has never been explained. It is still unclear if this is intentional or unintentional.

It did work in pCARS1, but has never worked in pCARS2.

Unfortunately, joining from the in game browser is the only option for sessions run on the dedicated servers.
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Can you help me .. one of my team mate can't see all the dedicated servers .. and he can't see ours..
    He can see 60 dedicated lobbies in game, i can see 80..
    We follow this post : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...dicated-Server
    But didn't help ..

We also open the firewall on his router ..
    We put his computer into a DMZ ..
    No success ..

If he connect his computer with mobile data on usb tethering he can see all the servers, so the problems didn't come from his computer or steam config..

His made a call to IPS, but they didn't see why, or they can't open TCP/UDP ports...

Help would be appreciated.. thx
    Last edited by couffi; 09-06-2018 at 14:02.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by couffi View Post
    Can you help me .. one of my team mate can't see all the dedicated servers .. and he can't see ours..
    We follow this post : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...dicated-Server

But didn't help ..
    We open the firewall on his router ..
    We put his computer into a DMZ ..
    No success ..
    If he connect his computer with mobile data on usb tethering he can see all the servers, so the problems didn't come from his computer or steam config..
    His made a call to IPS, but they didn't see why, or they can't open TCP/UDP ports...
    Help would be appreciated.. thx
    One thing to double check... Make sure his online license level matches what the server is configured for. If the server is set to a higher license then he has he will not see it.
    System Specs

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    One thing to double check... Make sure his online license level matches what the server is configured for. If the server is set to a higher license then he has he will not see it.
    Not bad ! But servers run without active licence, and he have a hight ranking ( one of the best driver .. )
    But maybe a bug with that feature ..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So.. I tell him to enter the full name of the server in the filter section..
    And it works !
    He only see this one.. but able to see it now ! So strange
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68