Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server Workaround

Platform
    PC
    Patch 1.4 seems to have killed access to my server using this or any other configuration method. I get kicked anytime I try to join or establish my server. I will continue to troubleshoot and update here when I figure out what is going on.
    Please respond to this as it seems all linux servers are rendered inaccessible and it might be a good idea to get the attention of sms asap.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rced-whitelist

In my case my whole racing group is closed down for racing till this is solved, and being fairly angry i try to refrain from complaining.
    OpenSUSE 42.3/Windows 7 x64 (Dual boot)
    Intel I5 7400 MSI GeForce GTX 1060 T OC V1 - 6GB
    Logitech G29 with H shifter
    Casual driver - bad looser
    http://artsimracing.com

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phos4us View Post
    Patch 1.4 seems to have killed access to my server using this or any other configuration method. I get kicked anytime I try to join or establish my server. I will continue to troubleshoot and update here when I figure out what is going on.
    This might be a port/nat issue. I am gonna try to fire up a Kubuntu VM and see if i can repro.

I take it the server is running just not accepting connections? Do you see it in the server list? If so what is the server name?

Also for fixes to the configs (weather/multi-class) see my thread for info.
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....

Platform
    PC
    Let me make it plain;

The server(s) is not behind a firewall, it uses ip tables to filter traffic.
    i have tested most thinkable scenarios but debug wont show any fault.
    in the end i am stuck with multiple DS' over multiple servers that are not working from a single update.

it is 5 servers that went from a working state to a non working state in a simple update
    Last edited by hophans; 10-02-2018 at 21:10.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hophans View Post
    Let me make it plain;

The server(s) is not behind a firewall, it uses ip tables to filter traffic.
    i have tested most thinkable scenarios but debug wont show any fault.
    in the end i am stuck with multiple DS' over multiple servers that are not working from a single update.

it is 5 servers that went from a working state to a non working state in a simple update
    I think Visceral has a CentOS ded server up and running, he states he is not having any issues with connectivity.

Does the server show in server list for you?
    Does the server show in server list for others?
    Can you join the server or does the connection get rejected?
    Are the servers password protected?
    Could be a permissions problem with one of the data_*.json files not being able to be written to due to permission maybe being reset? I would double check permissions on files for the DS to make sure it can write/read from all necessary locations.

Would you mind posting your server.cfg and possibly rotation_config.json file (remove passwords/usernames first). Either paste them in code block here or attach them for download, I will spin 'em up on my Windows DS and see if they work. If they work I will spin up a quick *nix VM (Kubuntu or Fedora) and try to setup a quick DS and see if it works for me.
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans

Platform
    PC
    Does the server show in server list for you? Yes
    Does the server show in server list for others? Yes
    Can you join the server or does the connection get rejected? Connection gets rejected for any user
    Are the servers password protected? Yes

This thread has the link to my previous config file. Using any config file existing on the server prior to patch 4 or any file edited before uploading to the server results in the server rejecting anyone who joins. Using your files or the default config file but edited on the server web interface allows me access to the server, but I get kicked within 10 minutes of being on and nobody else can see the server in the list.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

WMD Member
    Does the server show in server list for you? Yes
    Does the server show in server list for others? Yes
    Can you join the server or does the connection get rejected? Connection gets rejected for any user
    Are the servers password protected? Yes

This thread has the link to my previous config file. Using any config file existing on the server prior to patch 4 or any file edited before uploading to the server results in the server rejecting anyone who joins. Using your files or the default config file but edited on the server web interface allows me access to the server, but I get kicked within 10 minutes of being on and nobody else can see the server in the list.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1474742

Victor responded, you have to make sure all ports listed in the server.cfg (not just the steam ones) are open. If you are having a host run your servers (like he mentions EliteGamers) then its an issue on their end, they need to open the ports, you can try his trick for moving ports in the config file restarting DS and seeing if connectivity works.
    The following user likes this Post: phos4us

Platform
    PC
    Don't know why this is stickied, been using it for months, yes it creates a clean server but does not alleviate the bugs that Hophans has as he has been using it also, it also does not fix the lag and bad pings that are present in the DS at the moment.

We have been using -selectds mixed with setting dedi as a DMZ for months and it has been working perfectly, it maybe also proves us using DMZ has made it smoother as now there are port problems that are creating the fluctuating ping and lag due to the fact the dedi has been adapted to work better behind NAT's but it has had the opposite effect even using DMZ.

Using DMZ in theory opens all ports so this isn't the issue, there is a major issue with the DS at the moment and no tweaks will fix it, you are pissing in the wind, anyone who says that their DS is lag free at the moment or has no higher pings than usual is telling porkies.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Don't know why this is stickied, been using it for months, yes it creates a clean server but does not alleviate the bugs that Hophans has as he has been using it also, it also does not fix the lag and bad pings that are present in the DS at the moment.

We have been using -selectds mixed with setting dedi as a DMZ for months and it has been working perfectly, it maybe also proves us using DMZ has made it smoother as now there are port problems that are creating the fluctuating ping and lag due to the fact the dedi has been adapted to work better behind NAT's but it has had the opposite effect even using DMZ.

Using DMZ in theory opens all ports so this isn't the issue, there is a major issue with the DS at the moment and no tweaks will fix it, you are pissing in the wind, anyone who says that their DS is lag free at the moment or has no higher pings than usual is telling porkies.
    Look at the brain on Brad!

Not sure what your point is. Guess you missed that this was stickied before patch 1.4 dropped and the subsequent comments on this thread and hophans' thread regarding the issues caused by patch 1.4. I made the original post due to the lack of clarity in the published instructions. I know several leagues that weren't using -selectds and there is at least one commenter here who was helped by the OP prior to the patch. Furthermore, where did anyone make these grand claims regarding ping times? I simply stated that the server was stable and we suffered none of the disconnect issues we faced with using the full extent of the config files or P2P.

Platform
    PC
    Look at the brain on Brad!

Not sure what your point is. Guess you missed that this was stickied before patch 1.4 dropped and the subsequent comments on this thread and hophans' thread regarding the issues caused by patch 1.4. I made the original post due to the lack of clarity in the published instructions. I know several leagues that weren't using -selectds and there is at least one commenter here who was helped by the OP prior to the patch. Furthermore, where did anyone make these grand claims regarding ping times? I simply stated that the server was stable and we suffered none of the disconnect issues we faced with using the full extent of the config files or P2P.
    It also didn't make the joining stutter better pre patch, nor weather problems, disconnect problems we sorted with DMZ, but yes the other issues are after your post, I just can't believe that nobody knew about this until this month?

Platform
    PC
    Random guessing at a bug is not the way to go. i have spend more hours than a random workday to debug the DS connection lobby issue before i found the cause and it ended up being something i would never have thought.
    I am happy that people are so willing to help but just asking for random specs helps no one.