Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [YES] Do Ai cars race against eachother?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

[YES] Do Ai cars race against eachother?

Ok probably been asked to death._. Sorry if it has._. Im crap at searching previous post

Ok ive just been in career playing with setups and settings._. Mainly Gt4. If youve heard the definition off madness plus atouch off medicated induced OCD. Pretty much me.

So ive done extreme amounts off different race setups. But no matter how ichange them. In the race the ai cars just seem to politely follow eachother without incident. Also i dont recall ever noticing a car go for as much as a spin. I must be missing something as this is ment to be a real race sim._ Jesus back in the day i used to do trackdays in my very much loved RS4. Where you follow strict safety rules and use good manners id still managed to end up the wrong way round on occassion.

And considering the shift series used to have epic pile ups and was just more fun. Even mastering corners was a great touch. And so far i think the last shift game in terms off keeping me interested and entertained is miles better. Yes i know in sim terms pc2 laughs at shift but pc2 is boring unless youve got the full sim setup

Sorry rambling

Platform
    PC
    What's your aggression set to? The AI cars definitely will race either other and I've seen them make mistakes too. But your aggression needs to be high enough. I think I'm at 65% right now so make sure it's at least that high.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Roushman624

Superkart Pilot
    The AI will race each other and fight you for a position, but in general they seem to drive straight after one another in a "conga" formation and ignore you through corners.

Increase your aggression level and things will become more pleasant and if you haven't already heard, a ton of AI fixes are coming for v1.4, which should be around the corner.
    Last edited by Raklodder; 06-02-2018 at 22:37.
    The following user likes this Post: MarcoM

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Increasing aggression will make them fight for positions but it doesn't seem very fluent like an actual person. Like it was said before, they seem to follow the straight line always.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Their primary objective is not to crash (into each other or the player). If you have your aggression high enough and difficulty set correctly they will stick it out on the outside of the corner if you hold your line. But if you start to push outside/understeer they will generally yield the place so they can stay on the black stuff.

I would say they race like professional endurance racers rather than the amateur sim sprint racers that we're used to.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Cheers guys. I've tried ai and skill settings to death. I can't start career properly until i have it just perfect for me. I have depression and all the add ons that come with it. I hardly sleep. And my meds try to stop the bad thoughts. By focusing on something else. But the side effect off that is i can spend days focused on pc2 settings with just the odd supply run. I'll complete a series and then delete restart with different settings.

I have no problem that the ai is setup so it races properly. But my answer to that is even the best pros get it wrong. I'm thinking Senna as an example. Not many better than that human racer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Also point out that nascar is the most watched motorsport. Do you think the reason so many watch it is because they want to see the cars orderly drive round an oval for hours without incident

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    Cheers guys. I've tried ai and skill settings to death. I can't start career properly until i have it just perfect for me. I have depression and all the add ons that come with it. I hardly sleep. And my meds try to stop the bad thoughts. By focusing on something else. But the side effect off that is i can spend days focused on pc2 settings with just the odd supply run. I'll complete a series and then delete restart with different settings.

I have no problem that the ai is setup so it races properly. But my answer to that is even the best pros get it wrong. I'm thinking Senna as an example. Not many better than that human racer
    I assure you that at higher aggression they crash bash and er dash like human players, but perhaps better behaved than the average online scuffle.

I race AI100, AG100 and the AI bash me passing and occasionally prang eachother in front of me.

More excitement soon as iirc after p4 the current ag100 will be ag50.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Also point out that nascar is the most watched motorsport. Do you think the reason so many watch it is because they want to see the cars orderly drive round an oval for hours without incident

I just find it bizarre. Few years back i played the annual f1 games and ok not perfect. But you got a good fulfilling race. The odd wheel to wheel action and the odd plausible stack. That would test your reactions. Sometimes my reaction speed was good and i finished the race. Sometimes it wasnt but thats racing. But then codemasters have been making racing games since the dawn of time. So they should know how to developed a plausible ai.
    Last edited by ScaredDuck; 07-02-2018 at 12:58.

Platform
    PC
    In the upcoming patch, the AI will challenge each other more than they do currently. However, eventually, all races turn into a conga line once the drivers sort themselves out. It's extremely rare to have equal drivers with equal cars on the track at the same time (which is what does not create a conga line).

NASCAR is a little different since those cars are not as aerodynamic as other forms of motorsports. With that, those cars/drivers rely on drafting to get anywhere. SMS has mentioned there are changes for oval racing behavior as well in the next patch, so we'll have to see how things all play out once it arrives.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 5 users likes this Post: davekojo, Invincible, Jetsun, Konan, MarcoM