Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [YES] Do Ai cars race against eachother?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

NASCAR is a little different since those cars are not as aerodynamic as other forms of motorsports. With that, those cars/drivers rely on drafting to get anywhere. SMS has mentioned there are changes for oval racing behavior as well in the next patch, so we'll have to see how things all play out once it arrives.
    Yes no racer goes out to lose control or crash. But its one off the pitfalls off racing and a sim without those pitfalls isnt a true reflection off what the game is supposedly simulating.

Few years back vettal was leading the Canadian grandprix with less than half a lap remaining and under no pressure. a 4 time world champion spun his car and Jensen Button past him before he could right his error. One besst grandprix in history button was running last at one point and after alot off laps done

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    Cheers guys. I've tried ai and skill settings to death. I can't start career properly until i have it just perfect for me. I have depression and all the add ons that come with it. I hardly sleep. And my meds try to stop the bad thoughts. By focusing on something else. But the side effect off that is i can spend days focused on pc2 settings with just the odd supply run. I'll complete a series and then delete restart with different settings.

I have no problem that the ai is setup so it races properly. But my answer to that is even the best pros get it wrong. I'm thinking Senna as an example. Not many better than that human racer
    Maybe you should clearly state what are the highest AI Skill and Aggression level you use or have used. We'll be better able to gauge your experience.

BTW, I've seen them block one another, caused collisions among one another including loss of body parts, go off track and remain incapacitated on track at times.
    So yeah, they do misbehave or prone to mistakes at times.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: MarcoM

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Skill setting depends as i use default controller. Because fast twisty tracks with mid to fast corners are always a pain to get perfect and double whammy on those tracks is the slightest error can and often does cost seconds. Where as tracks with tight bends is basically full lock and at more manable speads. So tracks like silverstone and spa around 75 all other tracks 85 - 100._.Obviously Still playing with aggression but never lower than 80

And i have seen ai stack it often but only at the pit lane entrance to, er the newest American track. Cant remember its name. They host f1 dont think its road America but same type off track. Anyway and that isonly during practice

P.S odd and a shame as pc1 using controller id normally lap within a tenth of a second on most tracks once i was in clean air. Also i know they are still patching but still think allround gameplay has made i giant leap backwards compared to the first one.

It just hugely frustrates me how they in the end made pc1 such a good game. So ever since pc2 was announced i couldnt wait. Then to find endless problems gutted me. Felt like after the success off the first one the guys in charge got either greedy or lazy. Or both which always leads to the end result being as poor as pc2 on release.

Iloved the first one.Loved shift 1 and 2 shift 2 was first and only game i got all the ps trophys. So they won my trust so i told people buy pc2 instead off gt4 they wouldnt regret it. I did i still occasionally get crap off people that trusted my judgement.
    Last edited by ScaredDuck; 08-02-2018 at 03:35.

Platform
    PS4
    Well for me, I love Pcars2 with all the bells and whistles much more than Pcars1. I can't ever go back to Pcars1 anymore. I was keeping Pcars1 on my system just in case I wanted to have a go at it again up until a few days ago when I decided it wasn't making any sense anymore as I had no desire to go back to it again so I removed it along with its data.
    I have GTsport also but I hardly play it and I hate how you can't readjust the HUD. To me Pcars2 is much better, has more to offer and the one I feel more like playing.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Don' t get me wrong as for variety and content. That lived up to my expectations maybe surpassed them. My annoyance is aimed at all the sloppy gameplay. Maybe because they cracked it with pc1 they may have thought it didnt need that much dev time. Or basically just assumed it be fine. They would have known how bad the game was on release. And they could have delayed it. But they chose not to. And i am honestly disgusted they chose to sell fans a 60% completed at best. And why to get the jump onGt4 so there is greed. Then they new those who bought the game would happily report the bugs and thereby getting someone else to do their job for free. And theres lazy.

Everyone makes mistakes and that is ok. Providing they learn from them. And if the have wronged a person they should go above and beyond to right the wrong. Most off the time a simply sincere apology is all you need

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Don' t get me wrong as for variety and content. That lived up to my expectations maybe surpassed them. My annoyance is aimed at all the sloppy gameplay. Maybe because they cracked it with pc1 they may have thought it didnt need that much dev time. Or basically just assumed it be fine. They would have known how bad the game was on release. And they could have delayed it. But they chose not to. And i am honestly disgusted they chose to sell fans a 60% completed at best. And why to get the jump onGt4 so there is greed. Then they new those who bought the game would happily report the bugs and thereby getting someone else to do their job for free. And theres lazy.

Everyone makes mistakes and that is ok. Providing they learn from them. And if the have wronged a person they should go above and beyond to right the wrong. Most off the time a simply sincere apology is all you need
    Yea but, are you pleased that the cars do after all crash and go off track, totally solving your issue? You may need to play the game some more to appreciate it I suspect.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    End of the day the goal off those behind the game i believe is to design and make the best and most realistic racing sim ever. To do that they have to address as skilled as pro racers are mistakes happen and that has to be reflected in the game. As the dangerous nature off the sport is one off its main draws for the spectators and even the race drivers alike. Yes it may mean your on the last lap off a long race and the back marker your just about to pass spins and takes you with him. But thats what can happen. But you can only blame yourself. As you could have waited for a better place to pass esp as your on last lap. But you learn from it. And isnt that sims are used for. To teach in a safe environment

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    End of the day the goal off those behind the game i believe is to design and make the best and most realistic racing sim ever. To do that they have to address as skilled as pro racers are mistakes happen and that has to be reflected in the game. As the dangerous nature off the sport is one off its main draws for the spectators and even the race drivers alike. Yes it may mean your on the last lap off a long race and the back marker your just about to pass spins and takes you with him. But thats what can happen. But you can only blame yourself. As you could have waited for a better place to pass esp as your on last lap. But you learn from it. And isnt that sims are used for. To teach in a safe environment
    I don't know how they would do this without scripting it in to career mode like RAce Driver or whatever it was called. If that happened organically, 90% of people would claim its an 'AI backmarker bug' and demand it to be fixed... Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

My biggest gripe with AI cars is that they seem invincible and you will always lose out to them when making contact, especially online (who in their right mind includes AI in an online race).

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Cheers guys. I've tried ai and skill settings to death. I can't start career properly until i have it just perfect for me. I have depression and all the add ons that come with it. I hardly sleep. And my meds try to stop the bad thoughts. By focusing on something else. But the side effect off that is i can spend days focused on pc2 settings with just the odd supply run. I'll complete a series and then delete restart with different settings.

I have no problem that the ai is setup so it races properly. But my answer to that is even the best pros get it wrong. I'm thinking Senna as an example. Not many better than that human racer
    You can change the settings from race to race in career mode. That's what I do anyway.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It does now