Thread: Re: Tip for Best PS4 Controller Setup

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Re: Tip for Best PS4 Controller Setup

Here's a quick tip. Being a newbie I was almost getting ready to totally ditch PC2 in favor of Gran Turismo Sport which I found that I could control the cars much better in. Then I changed my PS4 controller to use the motion sensors to control the steering instead of using the joysticks. Wow what a huge giant difference that made in PC2 as I am able to go much faster and use precise steering. It is now a total blast to drive in PC2 compared to GT Sport. Now instead of being constantly in last place in many PC2 races, I am now extremely highly competitive.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Same thing has been irritating me. Using the sticks isnt as smooth in the corners as i'd expect it to be. As every sim since gt2 has managed to be more linear in the bends than pc2 despite Gigabytes off patches.

Never even thought about the motion function. Tried old school and tried using the directional pad. But changed back after less than a lap. But so over trying to get the stick so perfect when its different on every corner. The stick either way has 10mm of travel and youve got to hold it exactly 6mm to left then instantly 4mm to the right. Definitely gunna ive your idea ago ._.Iwas awesome at mario kart on the wii. Cant see how this anally designed game can be much different

I get the devs want to have developed the perfect sim. But that making it less enjoyable. And the biggest market are people who just want a accurate but enjoyable racing game. And anyone who ignores potentially his biggest market dont go very far

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    The default controller setup should be the Motion tilt for PS4. Don't know if xbox has motion sensors.
    Its far superior to use the tilt than use the stick.

It's been implemented since PC1 and its fun to use. Once you have the right sensitivity and other values sorted you can drive any car fairly well. Even the FA cars are quite nice.
    The following user likes this Post: Titzon Toast

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Then share your settings please.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I was playing using motion before I bought my T150 wheel. Playing with the analogue sticks was basically unplayable. Playing using SixAxis was a massive improvement. But the steering wheel is the way to go.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    Same thing has been irritating me. Using the sticks isnt as smooth in the corners as i'd expect it to be. As every sim since gt2 has managed to be more linear in the bends than pc2 despite Gigabytes off patches.

Never even thought about the motion function. Tried old school and tried using the directional pad. But changed back after less than a lap. But so over trying to get the stick so perfect when its different on every corner. The stick either way has 10mm of travel and youve got to hold it exactly 6mm to left then instantly 4mm to the right. Definitely gunna ive your idea ago ._.Iwas awesome at mario kart on the wii. Cant see how this anally designed game can be much different

I get the devs want to have developed the perfect sim. But that making it less enjoyable. And the biggest market are people who just want a accurate but enjoyable racing game. And anyone who ignores potentially his biggest market dont go very far
    I was quite shocked as to how using the motion sensors instead of the sticks greatly improved the steering and my overall speed. I will never go back by using the sticks.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilazza View Post
    The default controller setup should be the Motion tilt for PS4. Don't know if xbox has motion sensors.
    Its far superior to use the tilt than use the stick.

It's been implemented since PC1 and its fun to use. Once you have the right sensitivity and other values sorted you can drive any car fairly well. Even the FA cars are quite nice.
    Can you share your settings for a friend of mine please?
    Education is important but racing is importanter.

Jockeys I3ollix
    T500rs CSL LC Basherboards CPX
    FFB Settings, 900 DOR, Raw, 100, 51, 67, 45.

Platform
    PS4
    Guys, can someone please tell me how to set up the motion sensor please?
    I can't figure it out at all.
    Thank you.
    Education is important but racing is importanter.

Jockeys I3ollix
    T500rs CSL LC Basherboards CPX
    FFB Settings, 900 DOR, Raw, 100, 51, 67, 45.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Titzon Toast View Post
    Guys, can someone please tell me how to set up the motion sensor please?
    I can't figure it out at all.
    Thank you.
    In the controller section of PC2; click on edit assignments; then when you click on and select the ones for steering left and right; just turn and tilt your PS4 controller to the proper direction. It's that easy.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, quik-R, Titzon Toast