Thread: Set up at Oulton Park in Porsche GT3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Set up at Oulton Park in Porsche GT3

Hi. A lazy request for help. I am trying to improve my time at Oulton driving a Porsche GT3 R Endurance. But I am really struggling to get it even close to right.
    Of course, practice makes perfect, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips? I watched a couple of hot lap videos (I think one was a 1:33 lap) and it looked to me like the driver was able to brake WAY WAY later than I can. I can manage a 1.38.5 but I am on absolute maximum and a hairsbreadth misplacement of the car puts me in the wall at several of the corners. I'd say 1 out of 4 laps I crash out if I try to maintain that kind of pace. There are a couple of things I have noticed. My brakes seem absolutely rubbish - despite raising the brake pressure slightly. And I am still getting lots of under steer despite asking the engineer to lower the rear downforce. The AI just destroys me in the long, sweeping left-hander before the hairpin and if I try and match speed, I simply end up in the grass/wall. I have tried soft slicks, which seem to make little difference in terms of grip overall and I find that I run out on several corners if I don't brake pretty conservatively. As I said, I have asked the engineer for help with braking/turning in to corners but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Does anyone have a good set up that they would be willing to share? Many thanks

Platform
    PS4
    Lower brake pressure, the default is really prone to locking up which makes you understeer. Also dont use softs on daytime temperature, the hards are nearly always better
    PSN: blank_file
    Steam: blankfile

Clean Racing PS4 (UK/EU Community) Visit: www.kcsimracing.com or discord link: https://discord.gg/SNjeGQ9
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, RobPhoboS

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfile View Post
    Lower brake pressure, the default is really prone to locking up which makes you understeer. Also dont use softs on daytime temperature, the hards are nearly always better
    Thanks! I will definitely try that.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It's not setup, but have you watched this: Oulton Park: The Definitive Circuit Guide?

I found it posted in another thread when I was searching for tips and it was really helpful.

The way to address the understeer can depend on where you are getting it (slow/fast curve, entry/middle/exit/globally, etc).

I would go through a setup guide like this to try to address:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ar-in-21-steps

You might not be noticing the effect of the rear downforce change because it's not really the problem.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Many thanks, Stew. I will have a look. The understeer is pretty much permanent. I'll watch the guide and see if I can follow the set up guide. Many thanks again.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I just did 6 laps at Oulton park.

Default loose, no changes except 12 lap fuel load. 10 AI at 110, ag100.

My best lap was 1m 35.9s
    Fastest AI - 1m 35.1s

The car handled ok for me but I did get some crabbing across the road that felt like underdamping maybe.
    I dont ususally use GT3 cars, but this is my most raced track.

I would say that 1.33 is a reachable time but only with great determination.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I just did 6 laps at Oulton park.

Default loose, no changes except 12 lap fuel load. 10 AI at 110, ag100.

My best lap was 1m 35.9s
    Fastest AI - 1m 35.1s

The car handled ok for me but I did get some crabbing across the road that felt like underdamping maybe.
    I dont ususally use GT3 cars, but this is my most raced track.

I would say that 1.33 is a reachable time but only with great determination.
    You are better man than I am, clearly. I watched the Oulton Park guide and fiddled a little bit with the set up - pushing the brake balance back and raising the downforce at the front a tad. It seems to have improved things, but I am still only staying on the track 3 out of 4 laps. A bad workman and all that. I'm sure it's mostly down to my lack of skill. I am just trying to find setting that will help me improve while at the same time not getting too frustrated with crashing out all the time and not having to rely on the assists. The best I got to was 1:38.1 though the potential time was down at 1:37.1, so clearly if I can put it all together, I can get a better time (and I left the fuel at 60 litres or whatever the default is). It's a tricky track (aren't they all!). But I can't see me getting anywhere near your 1.35.9, let alone 1:33!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie10 View Post
    You are better man than I am, clearly. I watched the Oulton Park guide and fiddled a little bit with the set up - pushing the brake balance back and raising the downforce at the front a tad. It seems to have improved things, but I am still only staying on the track 3 out of 4 laps. A bad workman and all that. I'm sure it's mostly down to my lack of skill. I am just trying to find setting that will help me improve while at the same time not getting too frustrated with crashing out all the time and not having to rely on the assists. The best I got to was 1:38.1 though the potential time was down at 1:37.1, so clearly if I can put it all together, I can get a better time (and I left the fuel at 60 litres or whatever the default is). It's a tricky track (aren't they all!). But I can't see me getting anywhere near your 1.35.9, let alone 1:33!
    Hey dont worry. I am a sad git with no friends so I have put 300 hours into this game. I started at AI 40 and thought faster would be impossible but here we are.

I suggest not changing set up as that car is pretty stable. I think I improved when I abandoned late braking. It is better to be snooth and fast will come. Gentle and early on the brake, gentle and late on the throttle. As you feel more confident, brake later, power earlier.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the tips. It's a steep learning curve even though I played PC1 for a few months. That seemed quite a bit more forgiving. Still per ardua ad astra as they say.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm a sad git with plenty friends and have managed 112 hours with 2 kids and a wife ��.
    From memory, from default loose I softened front springs for better turn in. Other blokes advice on softer brake pressure is good, better balance under braking.
    It's one of that tracks that is unrelenting(no long straights for a drink of coffee!), but rewarding when it all clicks together. Persevere.
    Also, have a look at Krytic tmg for gt3 setups. I use his as a base and tweak for personal preference from there. D