Thread: Wanted to talk about weather forecast

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Wanted to talk about weather forecast

So here is the problem. The "weather forecast" isn't really a forecast, right? It is just the current conditions?

The problem is, I never know if it is going to start raining or not and I do not run long races so pitting to change tires is not an option. I am in my career in GT4 right now. I have the races set to about 13mins. So if it is going to start raining halfway through a race, it is much better to just start the race on wet tires. But I never know if it is going to start raining or not. The forecast will sa something like "heavy cloud" so I think it will just be cloudy, but dry. Then BAM! Rain.

I know I could just set the tire to Automatic By Weather. If I do that then somehow my engineer knows already if it is going to start raining and will put wets on my car at the start (I really do wish he would share this information with me). But the default is hard slick compound. I almost always use soft slicks. Its only 13 mins after all.

And to make matters worse...the AI have this magical knowledge of the true weather forecast. They will always start on wets if it is going to start raining later in the race. So even if I did start on slicks and then pit for wets later, I would literally be then only car pitting. Seems like a bit of a unfair advantage.

So what am I missing here? What is the point of having a "forecast" if it really doesn't forecast anything?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What I would maybe like to see is the forecast at the start of the race to list things like this :
    1. Chance of precipitation 0% - 100%
    2.Intensity expected Light - Heavy
    3.Distance away 5minutes - 30 minutes
    4. Expected duration 5 minutes-1hr

With this knowledge you could make better judgement calls as to whether you ride out a light shower on slicks for a few minutes or not.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    What I would maybe like to see is the forecast at the start of the race to list things like this :
    1. Chance of precipitation 0% - 100%
    2.Intensity expected Light - Heavy
    3.Distance away 5minutes - 30 minutes
    4. Expected duration 5 minutes-1hr

With this knowledge you could make better judgement calls as to whether you ride out a light shower on slicks for a few minutes or not.
    Yes exactly. F1 2017 does something similar. We need some kind of forecast. ESPECIALLY since the AI have full knowledge of what the weather will be