Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling discrepancy between game modes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Handling discrepancy between game modes

I am not sure is anybody else has experienced or picked up on this before, but I notice there is a noticeable difference in handling between game modes in Project Cars 2.

I have not been on Project Cars in a while, but a few days ago I felt like jumping on. I decided I was going to run some laps in Private testing to shake off of the cobwebs. I drove the Porsche 911 GT3 R at Watkins Glen, Daytona. I drove the Acura/ Honda NSX GT3 and the Audi R8 LMS at Daytona. I was enjoying my time. I will admit, I was rusty and outbreaking myself here and there but I enjoyed doing a few laps and for the most parts the cars handled okay, a little too much understeer for my liking.

I decided I was going to create a custom race because I was getting board pulling laps by myself. I created a race a Watkins Glen with the Porsche GT3 R, and I was unable to make it through turn 5 (the interloop) without crashing. The cars handling was terrible. It suddenly oversteers in the esses, on entry and exit of the bus stop, everywhere. I was able to get a few laps in because I was curious whether or not it was just cold tires or just a crappy setup and it was better but I still had a counter steer quite frequently to prevent the car from spinning out. Now I am aware I can change the setups. The 'loose' setup leads to snap oversteer, the 'stable' setup understeers, and I don't have time to spend 5 hours creating a manageable setup.

I find myself getting discouraged and wanting to turn the game off/ jump on another game. I don't have time nor do I want to spend my days off creating a setup just so I can start a quick custom race. Why can't Slightly Mad give us the same car from the private testing mod, to the create a race mod?

As I previously stated, I don't know if anybody else has experience this or has any clue what I am talking about, but it is frustrating that I can't just jump into a private race and have a enjoyable, stable car without spending hours tuning the car to my liking. That being said, I don't particularly love the cars in the private testing mode, but the cars a manageable, and can easily be improved if some time is put into it. I just don't have that time.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Chokofanten, Zeem

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes.
    1. Tracks conditions vary according to temp, humidity etc. and can effect grip substantially.
    2. Og xbox is limited by cpu. The more cars on grid the less grip.

Optimizations coming “soon” in patch 4.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If you are on the og Xbox the game doesn't work correctly yet. We are still waiting on the next patch.

Trust me, you aren't the only one.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Chokofanten, sas5320, Schnizz58, ShneebnaMRR108, Stone Cold Stig

Platform
    XBOX1
    Yeah, this has cursed PC2 since launch, and it's been gradually getting better with each update. But I doubt we'll see the handling in testing match that of races unless they work some serious magic.

Platform
    PC
    Track conditions also vary depending on if you run a custom race or time trial or private testing.

Private testing the track is 100% green IIRC whereas Time Trial its like ~80% rubbered in

Also, Private testing you will leave pits with cold tires and takes a few laps to get some heat into them. Races start with warm tires to 'simulate' warmup lap even if you do a standing start/have formation lap turned off.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)
    The following user likes this Post: leeroy98

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Never heard this before but im on ps4 never really look in the xbox section is this the same with ps4 or xbox issue only because iv never read this in ps4 section??
    Thrustmaster t300 ferrari alcantara basherboard fanatec cspv1 homemade rig

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by leeroy98 View Post
    Never heard this before but im on ps4 never really look in the xbox section is this the same with ps4 or xbox issue only because iv never read this in ps4 section??
    It's only on the original Xbox I believe.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    Track conditions also vary depending on if you run a custom race or time trial or private testing.

Private testing the track is 100% green IIRC whereas Time Trial its like ~80% rubbered in

Also, Private testing you will leave pits with cold tires and takes a few laps to get some heat into them. Races start with warm tires to 'simulate' warmup lap even if you do a standing start/have formation lap turned off.
    Obligatory "Your tyres are the wrong temperature in practice!" reply despite the car handing better on cold tyres in practice than warm in a race..
    The following 2 users likes this Post: grrrillapmp, Schnizz58

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have both xb1 and xbx.

The thread starving issue may be causing this but this only occurs with larger grids, 15 - 20, and manifests itself as the op describes.

It would be helpfull if the op posts how many cars were on the grid.

The comments about track conditions should be noted by inexperienced players, the tyre model in this game is very complex. On my xb1 the grip and ffb are predictable when the grids are kept at a medium size.

Patch4 is close now, so it is to be hoped this much reported issue is fixed.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GOAT Vettel, ShneebnaMRR108, Stone Cold Stig

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0cool77 View Post
    Yes.
    1. Tracks conditions vary according to temp, humidity etc. and can effect grip substantially.
    2. Og xbox is limited by cpu. The more cars on grid the less grip.

Optimizations coming “soon” in patch 4.
    I can confirm this. Originally I had the settings set for max AI. After reading z3r0cool77's response, I trimmed down the lobby to see if that worked. I brought the AI quantity down to 22 or 23, and did not see a change. Decided to drop the AI to 3 and try it, and the handling issues were mostly resolved; the car handled similar to how it handles in the private testing mode, with a bit more understeer. I tried with 11 AI and it still was handling okay. I have not increased the AI to see how far I can go yet. I may try that later when I get out of work.