Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling discrepancy between game modes

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    First of all, I have a standard Xbox. Second of all, No because I have the game on PC which is better. Third of all, I was replying to the user that I quoted stating his tire pressure target was incorrect. . Fourth of all, I know this is not the issue so kindly piss off.
    So why don't you p*** off then and enjoy your better experience on PC instead of trying to enlighten us with your sheer endless wisdom which is pretty useless on Xbox?
    Last edited by bluesky0870; 13-02-2018 at 12:53.
    GT the same as my username

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky0870 View Post
    So why don't you p*** off then and enjoy your better experience on PC instead of trying to enlighten us with your sheer endless wisdom which is pretty useless on Xbox?
    yes ma'am. you got it buddy. sure thing pal.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, leeroy98

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Abe, can't do much with some of these guys. A quick search of your posts would show him your one if the most helpful and nicest guys in the forum.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, leeroy98

Platform
    PC
    Handbags away, guys.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeem View Post
    Too bad the majority of the career mode revolves around said large grid sizes, all the way up to maximum...
    Yes but this is a really tough problem. The developers either develop their game with the weakest machine in mind, which decreases the experience for everyone, or they design the game as they want and try to optimize it the best they can on a weak hardware. The second method is obviously the way to go but since Project CARS 2 is almost completely a physics-based game (meaning it's CPU bound) there's only so much they can do. They can't customize the career on every platform because then it would be a different experience on all machines. This is why developing for multiple platforms can be hard. Also, we can't blame the console either, since there are games that have no problems hitting 1080p 60 fps on it. It all comes down to design. So it's really a never-ending problem to decide whether the console is weak for the game, or the game is too complicated for the hardware, or the programmers couldn't optimize well enough, or the combination of all. The thing is, in my opinion, that we're gradually moving towards a world where console upgrades will be more common so games will run better on later iterations. Whether this is good or bad for either business or game development remains to be seen.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by dreampage View Post
    They can't customize the career on every platform because then it would be a different experience on all machines.
    Uh...it already is.
    The following user likes this Post: GOAT Vettel

Platform
    XBOX1
    There's a lot of good discussion here, but when the frustration starts to boil over into insults, it really indicates how some have identified themselves with the game so much that they can't accept anything but their own view and opinion of it, and go on and on about issues that can't currently be solved, or even claim they don't need to be solved. It will take a long time to solve them all. It is what it is, some right, and some wrong, and if you can't wait until it gets fixed to your particular satisfaction, then just shelve it for now, and come back later. You really don't have any other choice.

Not trying to defend or lessen "anything" here: But I know from personal experience, that when you're working on a technical problem, having someone screaming at you constantly to fix it does not help!
    What does help, is providing clear data and as much information from your own experience to help the trouble shooter gain progress.

BTW, my findings (if anyone cares) Custom Race, up to 12 AI without too many issues, still feels weird though. MP On Line (if no red pings) up to 8 without issues.
    XBX1/DMZ/Hardwired/No other devices on while gaming/Xfin

UPD: Went on line today and couldn't find ANY lobby with all green pings.
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 20-02-2018 at 23:26. Reason: add
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The real trick is the camber angle reset on the rears... that's what cures the oversteer issues in career play.
    BTW: appreciate the link - thanks for the correction sir. :-)
    Last edited by OKC Radar Bob; 13-02-2018 at 21:27.
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Because someone will tell you " the car oversteers when there's too many ai" and you give a patronizing response like "check your tire pressure" like that's never been done before. I set a 1.20 at Sonoma national in the Indy car with my own setup I tune all my cars and I can tell when a car blatantly drives like it has a broken sway bar, blown rear shocks, or acts like it has no rear end. This has nothing to do with tuning setups, it's a physics issue.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT Vettel View Post
    Because someone will tell you " the car oversteers when there's too many ai" and you give a patronizing response like "check your tire pressure" like that's never been done before. I set a 1.20 at Sonoma national in the Indy car with my own setup I tune all my cars and I can tell when a car blatantly drives like it has a broken sway bar, blown rear shocks, or acts like it has no rear end. This has nothing to do with tuning setups, it's a physics issue.
    k. you're a week late.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants