Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling discrepancy between game modes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    Track conditions also vary depending on if you run a custom race or time trial or private testing.

Private testing the track is 100% green IIRC whereas Time Trial its like ~80% rubbered in
    I know Slightly Mad advertised the game with dynamic track conditions that are affected by the temperature and where the sun it making contacting with the surface, but I did not know the track dynamics were programmed the green status and to the extent it is rubbered in.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeem View Post
    Obligatory "Your tyres are the wrong temperature in practice!" reply despite the car handing better on cold tyres in practice than warm in a race..
    To be fair, when running soft tires, they may very well be better cold when leaving pits, while in a race they may overheat in a few high-load turns.

But yeah, this issue seems to be due to too much AI with XBone. I think you can run max 12-16AI without affecting the handling too much.

Platform
    PC
    Obligatory "Your tyres are the wrong temperature in practice!" reply despite the car handing better on cold tyres in practice than warm in a race..
    probably because they are over-inflated when the race starts and you didn't adjust accordingly.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    probably because they are over-inflated when the race starts and you didn't adjust accordingly.
    Nope, it's an issue with the game. You've evidently missed the memo because players and developers alike have been talking about it here for months.

Platform
    PC
    Nope, it's an issue with the game. You've evidently missed the memo because players and developers alike have been talking about it here for months.
    i am fully aware. Just throwing out all potential possibilities buddy.
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If you are exclusively on pc you can't know. I'd go as far as to say if you are exclusively pc we aren't even playing the same game.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, GOAT Vettel, Just Another Frog, Stone Cold Stig

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post
    If you are exclusively on pc you can't know. I'd go as far as to say if you are exclusively pc we aren't even playing the same game.
    i read the forums enough to know of some of the large issues.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Reading =/= experience
    The following user likes this Post: GOAT Vettel

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I promise you its not Track conditions... I've witnessed and experienced it, it is a flaw in the physics do to processing stress. Yes there is a difference in grip levels between sessions, but multiplayer and racing with AI at some tracks have a direct impact on your physics, handling and even laptimes. With 10 cars on the track the car is nearly undriveable at Daytona with a FFB wheel. And all the so called experts on this site can kiss my butt, I've seen it, I've felt it, and I'm sick of this game getting a pass by people that claim to know what they are talking about when they aren't even using the same equipment under the same conditions. Its frustrating as hell to encounter a problem on here and have some yahoo discount it as simply flat spotting tires or track conditions.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following 8 users likes this Post: GOAT Vettel, grrrillapmp, M23LOUF, Roushman624, Schnizz58, ShneebnaMRR108, Stone Cold Stig, Zeem

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    I promise you its not Track conditions... I've witnessed and experienced it, it is a flaw in the physics do to processing stress. Yes there is a difference in grip levels between sessions, but multiplayer and racing with AI at some tracks have a direct impact on your physics, handling and even laptimes. With 10 cars on the track the car is nearly undriveable at Daytona with a FFB wheel. And all the so called experts on this site can kiss my butt, I've seen it, I've felt it, and I'm sick of this game getting a pass by people that claim to know what they are talking about when they aren't even using the same equipment under the same conditions. Its frustrating as hell to encounter a problem on here and have some yahoo discount it as simply flat spotting tires or track conditions.
    I had it too on the regular xbox and hated it.