Thread: Improving AI._ just a suggestion .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Improving AI._ just a suggestion .

Ok im not a coder at all. But been playing racing games since the original pole position like 40 years ago almost. So have no clue if my suggestion is feasible. But it has been done on other titles albeit to a very tiny scale.

If my idea isnt dumb. If done with thought. It would put PC2 on a whole different level. And although i thought of it all by myself. I realised there is a current game in a completely different genre. That could well be some sort off template. Even if you only got some ideas from it.

Ok the AI currently stupid has been since day 1 despite fixes. I believe alot off the problem is using the skill and aggression levels alone. Most games with difficultly settings have problem AI's due to how smart the AI is and none off them on a home gaming level are.

So to help the AI understand how each off his drivers\cars act over the course of a race. To give the ai controlled drivers different and or multiple traits

You could for example have as few as 10ish different traits. Ie drives like hes on rails (unless put under pressure for a few laps and mistakes start) or a true gentleman of the track until someone bumps into him and its scratch for scratch time. Or iceman under pressure. Or loves the thrill of the chase and lastly master of driving on worn tyres.

the devs could think up more appropriate ones to the crap that was just of the top of my head.

The other game in another genre is shadow off war and it uses the Nemesis system and if you have played it or heard about it omg its awesome. PC2 wouldnt need anything as godlike as that. But get ideas how giving an orc a few different pre programmed traits means it just never gets old meeting a new orc. And system gives you thousands of individual orcs to do battle with.

The Nemesis system or something close and geared instead of making orcs but racers. Would make this sim so good it will be remembered forever as a landmark sim

Ofcourse it easy for me to suggest as i have no idea off how hard it would be for the coders. But when i had my company before i lost the plot and lost myself. I had a it company design a awesome system to bring how we worked into the present. But it was useless until i manually put in over 100 000. A to b and its price. Took forever and was most tedious thing ive ever hadt to do. And thats what i imaging coding is like. But once it was done it put my company above all my competition. Until i had to sell cause off ill health. But luckily i sold pre uber. Wouldn't be able to give it away now.

It may be a dumb suggestion but hopefully may spark a good one in someone else

Sorry i ramble im old and dont get out much.
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

I liked your suggestions!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Thankyou.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    gaming ideas, even good ones, are a dime a dozen. execution is what matters.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants