Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: [PC] Patch 4.0 Discussion thread

Platform
    PC
    Their weaknesses lie elsewhere. Race them and observe, and you'll have spots where you are stronger, that's where you strike. You might have to plan a move several corners in advance, but that's the fun part.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, davekojo, Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Replays: Sparks and smoke everywhere.

MP:
    Damage visuals not synced. Repaired cars of your fellow drivers still seem damaged.
    Car/class switch if host leaves still bugged.

Setup saving still throwing "slot with same name" error. Sometimes.

Apart of that: great work so far.
    MOBO: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 CPU: i5 6600k@4.2 || GPU: GTX970 || RAM: 16GB ||ll OS: Ubuntu 16.04/KDE-Neon ... W10 1709 || WHEEL: T500RS

TM CP: 60%, 80/75/0/0 <---
    In Game: Gain 100, Volume 50, Tone 50, FX 50 (maybe)
    The following user likes this Post: AEIDOLONE

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnypenso1 View Post
    I'm pretty new with only about 50 races online under my belt. What does one's race winning/success profile have to look like in order to progress above 1600? I ask because I rarely see anyone over 1600 in random lobbies and most are hovering around the 1300-1500 area.
    Hi there, I struggled but managed to crawl up from a damaged 1300 back up to stable 1600 now.

I only have about 20 wins 300 races (lol) but finish top 5 in about 75% of my races and regularly podiums.
    I only receive about 10 points for a podium but this is relative to the skill of the other drivers. You can only lose/gain points to/from other drivers within 400 points of your score.

SO my advice is to:
    - Push for continuous string of TOP 5 finishes to gain some steady points over time.
    - Try to join races that are above your own rating to grab more points.
    - Try to join full lobbies like 32 players, the bigger the pool, the bigger the prize.

The only difference I noticed since the latest patch now was that I've not received any points for a few clean wins I had. Instead only my stats and safety rating changed, whereas before I would ALWAYS see points increases with wins (even dirty wins :P)

Hope it helps, see you online.
    Last edited by PoL; 13-02-2018 at 13:18.
    | Intel i5-2500K @3.6GHz | 8gb ram | 1x MSI GTX 960 2GB | 27"Samsung 1920x1080 |
    | Bose QC15 Headphones | Logitech Z5500 Digital 5.1 | Windows 10 64-bit |
    | Logitech G29 Wheel | Logitech G29 Pedals | Logitech G29 6 speed H-Shifter |

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    I'd be interested to see what PC users think about the sound added when the penalty message pops up. I personally think it was a bad idea because it could be too distracting, depending on the type of sound.
    I got used to it instantly! No time needed to get used to it once you see the location change its a fairly natural place to look while driving. The ping also means you don;t need to look for the ping. Exceeding track limits are more fair now so it's very useful. Great job on that SMS!

I'm not a VR user - so I'd be interested if it still appears when HUD layout is completely turned off? And are VR users still looking on the older location?

EDIT: Actually someone else posted this answer already :P
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I love it!!! In VR i often would Miss the penalty warning sign down in the Lower Right corner... They could have left the sign where it was at and just added the beep sound.

Is there a way to Move the penalty Notification from where it has been placed Now??? I find the penalty pop up more distracting than anything but I will get used to it. its Not a Game breaker IMO its a improvement.
    | Intel i5-2500K @3.6GHz | 8gb ram | 1x MSI GTX 960 2GB | 27"Samsung 1920x1080 |

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PoL View Post
    I got used to it instantly! No time needed to get used to it once you see the location change its a fairly natural place to look while driving. The ping also means you don;t need to look for the ping. Exceeding track limits are more fair now so it's very useful. Great job on that SMS!

I'm not a VR user - so I'd be interested if it still appears when HUD layout is completely turned off? And are VR users still looking on the older location?

EDIT: Actually someone else posted this answer already :P
    Yes
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PoL View Post
    Hi there, I struggled but managed to crawl up from a damaged 1300 back up to stable 1600 now.

I only have about 20 wins 300 races (lol) but finish top 5 in about 75% of my races and regularly podiums.
    I only receive about 10 points for a podium but this is relative to the skill of the other drivers. You can only lose/gain points to/from other drivers within 400 points of your score.

SO my advice is to:
    - Push for continuous string of TOP 5 finishes to gain some steady points over time.
    - Try to join races that are above your own rating to grab more points.
    - Try to join full lobbies like 32 players, the bigger the pool, the bigger the prize.

The only difference I noticed since the latest patch now was that I've not received any points for a few clean wins I had. Instead only my stats and safety rating changed, whereas before I would ALWAYS see points increases with wins (even dirty wins :P)

Hope it helps, see you online.
    You canīt do that. Thatīs what the rating is for.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    You canīt do that. Thatīs what the rating is for.
    hmm..good point. how embarrassing. I suppose I conclude my advice at "WIN more races to win more POINTS!"

HOORAH for Patch 4.0!!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, PostBox981

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    Update queued for nearly 30 minutes :-(
    Mine downloaded almost instintly on Steam.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Dude what are your PC specs??? are you playing on a commodore64 because while Pcars2 VR is not perfect it still looks dam good --> or maybe I'm too busy and focused on going fast to Notice a shadow outta place.

some of these comments i swear its like having a thick Body Super hot Chick spread out Naked waiting for you to put the hammer Down and all you can see or focus on is the --> . <-- period size mole that's under her arm pit that is not shaved by the way

Not trying to be rude or pick a fight but just My thought when i read some comments.
    Rant Over I apologize in advance if i offend any 1.
    Trying to figure out if you want the girls armpits to be shaved or not. ...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Cristi, GrimeyDog

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

screen keeps blacking out in vr

Hi all/devs

After months of using Pcars2 in VR (Vive, t300, 1080ti) with everything working flawlessly - just had patch 1.4 update and now the VR display keeps going black for a couple of seconds .Always happens as just as the green light comes on!, then about every 5 seconds after.
    It works fine in 2D without vr enabled. No one else seems to have had this problem - any ideas.

All other VR progrmmes - eg project cars 1, Assetto Corrsa, fallout4 etc seem to be working fine, so it's not a general steam/vive problem.

The whole programme has been fantastic up til now - desperate to see the improvements in the patch!!