Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Bug with Rain Tires using weather slots!!!

Platform
    PC
    Right, I'm not disputing the op but [I]'ve just done a 10 lap race with Formula Renault at Watkins Glen. Sync to race 2 x weather slots. I start at the back and race starts clear weather. Lap 4 rain starts and cars 1 to 13 pit to change to wets and I also pit but have to wait a few seconds as my team mate is occupying the pit box. I leave pits on wets and after next lap I move from 25th last to 16th as the other drivers from 13 onwards are pitting. Race carries on I finish 20th after all. I then check the replay and follow the lead car Nic Hamilton and end of lap 4, he pits along with the others as I'm flicking through the replay to all the cars and then I follow cars 14 on the next lap to fins him and the rest of the cars all pit for wet tires. Race completes and all cars have pitted and changed to wets. I have saved the replay but from my findings, I didn't see any problems.
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift
    The following 2 users likes this Post: SaxonRaider, Zaskarspants

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    The real issue is the a.i is too fast on slicks in rain, so when you have a short race let's say 10 minutes the a.i doesnt have enough time to pass the cars that didn't pit. When you set the race to 20 minutes they have no such problems they pass the cars that didn't pit for wets, the question is why are 2 or 3 cars not pitting even though they are dead last.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    Right, I'm not disputing the op but [I]'ve just done a 10 lap race with Formula Renault at Watkins Glen. Sync to race 2 x weather slots. I start at the back and race starts clear weather. Lap 4 rain starts and cars 1 to 13 pit to change to wets and I also pit but have to wait a few seconds as my team mate is occupying the pit box. I leave pits on wets and after next lap I move from 25th last to 16th as the other drivers from 13 onwards are pitting. Race carries on I finish 20th after all. I then check the replay and follow the lead car Nic Hamilton and end of lap 4, he pits along with the others as I'm flicking through the replay to all the cars and then I follow cars 14 on the next lap to fins him and the rest of the cars all pit for wet tires. Race completes and all cars have pitted and changed to wets. I have saved the replay but from my findings, I didn't see any problems.
    you have enabled forced pit stops. Simple take a look to my screenshots. Using race time instead of laps seems to work, but not all AI Drivers making a pitstop. Here is definitely a bug that to have fixed with a hotfix. It's a pity that no developer writes a comment about this bug.
    Last edited by Gaspedal; 11-02-2018 at 20:48.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspedal View Post
    you have enabled forced pit stops. Using race time instead of laps seems to work, but not all AI Drivers making a pitstop.
    No, I've been in to double check and definitely no mandatory stop. Do you want me to upload the replay?
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift

No, I've been in to double check and definitely no mandatory stop. Do you want me to upload the replay?
    It would be welcomed if you upload the replays.

Thanks a lot.

Platform
    PC
    Here we go, I've sped it up and the rain starts lap 5 oops still processing vid, give it a few mins

It starts about minute 3
    Last edited by jimortality; 11-02-2018 at 23:39.
    The following user likes this Post: fbetes

Here we go, I've sped it up and the rain starts lap 5 oops still processing vid, give it a few mins

It starts about minute 3
    Thanks for your effort.

To the OP. Could you replay your race, and uploading and posting here?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    yep seen this in 5th race at sugo with the formula C, 6 laps rain 2 lap no pits for wets, i went from last to first in 2 laps on wets lol! but their grip on slicks was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lokid View Post
    yep seen this in 5th race at sugo with the formula C, 6 laps rain 2 lap no pits for wets, i went from last to first in 2 laps on wets lol! but their grip on slicks was bad.
    How many weather slots?
    Sync to Race?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks, very interesting. I have tested today all this.

Here finally my test results:

Settings:
    - Formula Renault
    - Tracks: Watkins Glen / Brand Hatch
    - 2 weather slots (clear then heavy rain, synch to race)
    - Forced pitstops off

10 Laps: No AI Pitstop, driven until end of race with slick tires.
    20 Laps: No AI Pitstop, driven until end of race with slick tires.
    10 Minute Race (Time Based): 50% of the AI Drivers doesn't drives in for pitstop to get wet tires
    20 Minute Race (Time Based): 100% of the AI Drivers drives in for pitstop to get wet tires.

After this results, currently I can only drive 20 minute races until this bug is fixed and I hope for a hot fix in a short time! And we don't want wait until Patch 5.0 again for a couple of months.

BTW: The AI can drive without Aquaplaning effect on rain puddles, why the AI has no car physic? They can drive like on rails...
    Last edited by Gaspedal; 12-02-2018 at 00:37.
    The following user likes this Post: fbetes