Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Still Bug with Rain Tires using weather slots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug914 View Post
    I think i have a fix for the not pitting on short 6-10 lap races with 2 slots dry to wet. There's some effect on longer races but very minimal either way. Needs more testing from us internally, but it's been submitted. Thanks again
    for the reports.
    Which kind of effect on longer races? Thanks for your effort

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fbetes View Post
    I'm interested in this as well.
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - ASRock A320M Pro4 - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB - G.Skill 16GB DDR4 - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W - Thrustmaster T300 RS - Triple monitors

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    they also have problems going from wet to dry tires, i did 30 minute race at Road America with 4 time slots, rain,medium cloud,light cloud, clear and all but 2 a.i's stopped, but the ones who didn't stop finished 1 and 2 plus they were doing 2:12's with wet tires while the a.i. slicks were doing 2:11's

WMD Member
    thanks Doug for listening and being active on the forum
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AEIDOLONE, Asturbo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzic View Post
    I'm interested in this as well.
    And me too. I normally play 1hr races and wouldn't like to see take a hit because of 6 laps races. However I trust Doug, amazing job so far.
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    PC
    Doug's The Man.

Car Physics and AI
    Quote Originally Posted by fbetes View Post
    What I did was shorten pit stop time loss estimate, then increased the lap time loss estimate for being out on the wrong tire(slick) by 2.5%. This was just enough to get them to start pitting in the 6-10 lappers. But these are used for all race lengths, so will slightly affect the longer races too.
    I also decreased the amount they slow in the rain when stuck out on slicks, so they'll be a bit faster in those conditions
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Asturbo, ermo, fbetes, Gaspedal, GTsimms, Konan, N0body Of The Goat, OddTimer, poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    can you add aquaplaning effect on the AI when they drives over a rain puddle? That would be great.
    It's not fair to see that the AI has no problems and only my car has trouble. ^^
    Last edited by Gaspedal; 13-02-2018 at 22:15.
    The following user likes this Post: OddTimer

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspedal View Post
    can you add aquaplaning effect on the AI when they drives over a rain puddle? That would be great.
    It's not fair to see that the AI has no problems and only my car has trouble. ^^
    That's due to computational power constraints: the AI runs on a different tire model that's not interacting with livetrack in the same way as the player. IIRC the AI is lifting over puddles to "simulate" the loss of traction, but i don't think it can actually get less grip over puddles.
    MotherBoard: Asrock Taichi X370, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, GPU: GTX680 DirectCu II, RAM: 16GB DDR3 3333mhz CL14, SoundCard: Asus D2X, PSU: XFX PRO850W B.E., Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 GTE - waiting for FeelVR, OS: Windows 10 x64, Water Cooling: Ybris Black Sun, Sanso PDH054, BlackIce GT Stealth 360, Termochill PA 120.3,
    The following user likes this Post: ermo

Platform
    PC
    I think that we must center in long races, that looks its working fine ATM.

Races of 6 laps and 4 weather slots are unrealistic, and it’s not possible that AI reacts correctly, (the same as a human) to this unpredictable situation. If a fix to this weird situation compromises long races, I think its better don’t touch it.

Perhaps a restriction in the number of slots in short races would help. I.E. maximum of 2 slots in races less than 8 laps or 15 minutes. It would help to have more realistic races, and more predictable AI.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 14-02-2018 at 12:56.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App
    The following 7 users likes this Post: AEIDOLONE, ermo, fbetes, jan.ringas, John Hargreaves, OddTimer, Zenzic