Thread: Is it me or the setup? Algrave

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Is it me or the setup? Algrave

I am new to sim racing and started with the career mode. Currently i reached the GT4 finals. Untill now i managed to rank in top 50 in time trials for each of my cars and tracks i raced in carreer mode. Which made me think that i can drive decently. I usually start with default setup until i learn the track and then try some setups from top ghosts. As top drivers have better control over the car, i need to tweak a few parameters to suit mine. So far so good, until i make to the algrave with ginetta g55.

My problem is the car turns too wide in most corners, in wide long turns i can not keep the car on racing line. I though i am to hard on throttle and started to ease on it. Although i can stay on the racing line, compared to cgosts which are almost always on line manage to turn at full speed and get behind a few sec when i do not press on.

I tried tyre pressures, downforces, roll bars, camber etc. Some helped a bit but caused problem in other section. So what would you recommend?

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's a tricky track to get the racing lines correct, it also has that very long high speed final corner which cooks the tires, and indeed needs a lot of care to make it well through there. Which is your Steam name? I guess you have already posted a time trial lap, we can follow your ghosts and give you some suggestions on what you need to change. In the driving, setup is the very final thing to worry about
    The following user likes this Post: Eaglion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My Steam account name is eaglion71, My user name in Leaderboard is Tbenker.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Btw, the post you mentioned was about Snetterton 200. After you mentioned that i was taking the turn too tight i realized that i could not keep the car inside similar to this one. Then i used Z1nonly (Twinz) ghost setup and it solved the problem. So i assume i need to adjust something here too.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK, I followed your ghost in Algarve, in general it looks good to me, you just need to start using more throttle more quickly, on corner exits. But as you said, not full, some corners need you to be patient on it while cornering, don't go pedal to the medal. Especially in the last 2 corners, where I think you are trying to accelerate too much too quickly and because there is not enough grip, you are sent to the outside.

In my opinion, it's better not to think about setups, revert back to default for now. I tried the one you use, it feels more loose than default, so it is more difficult. It also has closed brake ducts, meaning brakes will overheat and tire pressures will increase. I have logged a lap that is 2 seconds faster than you, it is meant so that it shows a better racing line in a few spots. If you want, load it up as ghost, it's on place 77, maybe it will give you some help. But in general this car is not easy...you must expect that you will need to give it a lot of practice in order to improve your lap times!

Edit: Oh, now I remember, I saw now again your previous posts! Hope your 2 weeks in that facility passed okay!
    Last edited by cpcdem; 03-07-2020 at 14:46.
    The following user likes this Post: Eaglion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Edit: Oh, now I remember, I saw now again your previous posts! Hope your 2 weeks in that facility passed okay!
    Thanks. It is becoming boring and exhausting.

The country returned to controlled normal as of June 15th which caused the number of cases to increase once again. Ours is nursery facility for elders (65-108 y/o), a very high risk group. So we need to keep the facility under quarrantine "at least" another 3-4 months. We will be tested on 9th and go in for another 14 days on 10th again. The worse part is it is hellish hot here and we are not allowed to turn on air conditioners. Centeral climatization increases the spread. Although we have 0 positive elders we can not take any risk atm. So our stuff try manual cooling (aka scrubbing with cold water).
    Last edited by Eaglion; 03-07-2020 at 16:17.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blinkngone, cpcdem