Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Audio glitch with new patch4

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Not game breaking or me .
    Neither for me. This patch brought us an awesome game with great AI. Those who telling, after this patch, that the AI sucks will probably never be happy with th AI.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leynad View Post
    I updated the Nvidia-drivers and activate the Oculus Beta. One of it worked
    It worked this night, but the popups came back

WMD Member
    I have it also on cars like Indycar and Formula Renault 3.5. But it works on other cars. Only onthrottle and on higher speeds as i think...perhaps something like wind noise, cause i discovered only on open wheelers... I am not on Oculus beta and on Nvidia 390.77 drivers.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Me too, also with a Oculus Rift

Platform
    PC
    Im getting the same issue and the more you physically move leaning forward and back and left and right etc makes it worse and if i fully turn right i lose the sound on the left.
    Also in the sound settings the Rift Audio is greyed out?

This can be very annoying so i hope we dont have to wait 3 months for this one to be fixed, it appears to be a surround sound issue if you ask me or sound tracking issue but besides that i see everything else is working fine.
    No VR flicker = yayyyyyy
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K, Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X-Gaming K5 Motherboard ,Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AORUS 11GB, Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4, Solid State Drive: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD

Platform
    PC

Audio Problems

Ever since the latest patch I have been experiencing some weird noise. Hard to explain but it's sort of like static or crackling. The sound goes in and out. When I hear it it only last a split second. I usually hear it multiple times with a few seconds in between. Sometimes I can go a whole lap without hearing it. I only hear when on track and appears directly related to engine sound because if I turn down engine sound this also turns down. However when I hear it I can still hear the engine sound itself and is not affected at all. It's a sound over the engine sound. My sound card is Creative Sound Blaster Audigy and my headphones are Sennheiser GAME ONE. Any ideas?

Platform
    PC
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I experience this sound as well. For me it sounds like the car suspension hits the bump stop. I only tested it with Oulton park. Will test some other tracks as well.

Edit:I play with the Rift.
    I have exactly the same using Vive. At first I also thought the car was bottoming but nope. I'm getting it on a large number of GT3 cars, regardless of the setup. It seems to be coming from the engine. This wasn't happening in 3.0, so I guess it's related to patchnotes item "Improved poor sounds of high/fast revving engines.".
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I experience this sound as well. For me it sounds like the car suspension hits the bump stop. I only tested it with Oulton park. Will test some other tracks as well.

Edit:I play with the Rift.
    I thought that but the sound doesn't correlate with suspension travel. I think it's to do with the engine noise processing and I've seen this before in AMS when they made changes to how the audio was processed and some cars started having similar problems which I fixed by reducing the amplitude of the affected car engine sound files so they never went above 0dB.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rosko View Post
    Hi, im getting an audio glitch during gameplay. I'm using the rift audio & im in cockpit. Seems to happen in all the cars i try & i try Barcelona & Algarve. Would describe as white or coloured noise distortion, intermittent, glitch but regular like every second or so.
    i need more posts for senting pictures