Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Race observations, post patch 4.

Hi, i race very often in Nordschiele with multiple class, length 40 minutes races, with 1 hour of practique, with rolling dices as weather slots, in Autumm, because of tires. many times is raining. Yesterday with Road B, C and D max cars the race starts with rain, the tires chosen by PCars was Soft(Road porsche Gtr3) and at the beginning i has able to follow the fast cars and even pass two or three cars (100:100 difficult level), but with the passing of time, more rain but the track was nice without water puddles, but my car was sliding allover the place, I was unable to follow even the slowest class cars, only in a straigh, and after maybe fourth gear. The Ai was planted to the track, i was just sliding

Note: In another race, with another road car, in rain also, the chosen tires have been Medium, with exactly the same conditions.

With the new patch, what i feel with Hard and Soft tires, is that the window of optimum traction is to small, for me, maybe my style of driving, but im really not slow, i just bring the tires to a high temp very fast, and i try to race in tracks with a max temp of 30c, usually with that temp im able to maintain a fast pace, but not in every track, in some, they just overheat to fast, when i can maintain the tires below 85c, usually i can race for 1 hour with the same tires and maybe not even 60% of worn, so I think i dont have a bad style of driving in respect to maintain the tires. The climb of temp in the tires(to fast) have been my problem. Ive tried all the good advices, even setup the car with the brake conducts full opened the right pressure for the right tire as i have read in the forums, but even with the right pressures it is to much difficult to maintain the right temp, if i race in cold conditions, winter with maybe 10c or track at 20c it is better to soft tires but also difficult to have the need temp, I think 80c in the tires?!

Of course when everything runs well, I mean the right temperatures of weather/track/tire, as i had also yesterday, in Sugo with GT1 and Ferrari F50(what a machine, what a machine!!!) driving with the Ai (100:100) i just couldnt believe what i was feeling, lap by lap i could just take more time, every lap, 0,020s 0,030 0,010 I was feeling just as been there in the "game" driving this fantastic race car in a marvelous track with an ferocious competition, this car feels so good, when the tires are there, 40 minutes race, started 12, finished first, but just for an hair, an ai was just bumping my bumper in the final 2 laps, tires to hot
    Last edited by pferreirag60; 13-02-2018 at 15:02.
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - GTX 1080 TI (1900MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug914 View Post
    They are doing that calculation. Admittedly these short races with multiple slots are difficult to balance.
    Maybe the amount of weather slots should be limited for short races (just to save you the nigh impossible task of balancing all possible combinations). That would be too bad, though, as I absolutely love dry-random-random combination with short races. Starting from the back of the pack, when the AI works, good timing with pitstop gives just enough time to get into the points fight on the last laps.

I did today several races at Donington National, trying different weather conditions (synced to race), with three slots. 'Rain' in the middle slot and AI started pitting immediately on the next lap after it started raining. But with 'random' in the middle slot (even when it starts pouring) they act differently. So would it be so that the AI does not "know" the upcoming weather and does it act differently because of that?

I also tried with just two weather slots, second one with random, and that worked better. AI started pitting immediately after the conditions became too unbearable, although they went from competitive to conga real fast in the middle of the lap before going in to pits.
    Currently they are really slow when they switch to this panic mode. Just before that happens they are still very believable; not too fast and they fight each other and player.
    Intel i7-6900K 3.2@3.7 GHz | Asus X99-A USB3.1 | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX 2080ti | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | SST Lightning H-shifter | Oculus Rift CV1 | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pferreirag60 View Post
    Hi, i race very often in Nordschiele with multiple class, length 40 minutes races, with 1 hour of practique, with rolling dices as weather slots, in Autumm, because of tires. many times is raining. Yesterday with Road B, C and D max cars the race starts with rain, the tires chosen by PCars was Soft(Road porsche Gtr3) and at the beginning i has able to follow the fast cars and even pass two or three cars (100:100 difficult level), but with the passing of time, more rain but the track was nice without water puddles, but my car was sliding allover the place, I was unable to follow even the slowest class cars, only in a straigh, and after maybe fourth gear. The Ai was planted to the track, i was just sliding
    This has been my experience too with road cars (already before Patch 4); AI is too fast with Soft tyres (Trofeo R / Semi-slicks / Nitto-01) in the rain.

Of course I cannot tell for certain that they aren't using Corsa or Summer tyre from the start, but if they do, they are seriously spanking me in Corvette with Trofeos several laps while the track is still dry.

Edit: Come to think of it, this might be deliberate with road cars. It would be generally difficult to balance road cars to weather, as some of them do not have soft tyres at all (McLaren F1 at least, and possibly Ferrari Enzo too). They'd always be under or overperforming compared to others or they'd have to be left out of the class group.

And I don't think they pit either, so for the best road car racing experience one should find out a good difficulty level and then use Medium tyres (Corsa / Track / Nitto-05), unless one is hotlapping in Time-Trial.
    Last edited by MrTulip; 13-02-2018 at 20:07.
    Intel i7-6900K 3.2@3.7 GHz | Asus X99-A USB3.1 | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX 2080ti | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | SST Lightning H-shifter | Oculus Rift CV1 | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I am currently in the Group C racing series driving the C9 Mercedes. It reminds me of the SportsLite cars where you are doing 35 miles an hour in a second gear corner and you lose the rear end and do a near 360. I have tried to dial out the oversteer but I never feel confident in any corner. It is like I have to tip toe just about every where. I wonder if it is just the C9 or are the other cars like that too?

I do not have the new patch.
    Cheers, Greg

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GregFowler View Post
    I am currently in the Group C racing series driving the C9 Mercedes. It reminds me of the SportsLite cars where you are doing 35 miles an hour in a second gear corner and you lose the rear end and do a near 360. I have tried to dial out the oversteer but I never feel confident in any corner. It is like I have to tip toe just about every where. I wonder if it is just the C9 or are the other cars like that too?

I do not have the new patch.
    Cheers, Greg
    Are you losing it on corner entry?
    If yes, increase the engine braking compensation value in the car setup (Engine/ECU tab).
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1