Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Race observations, post patch 4.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Bristol, UK.

I cannot repeat or dispute your claim as I am awaiting the xbox patch.

I am surprised by your claim of a 5s difference as outside of specific bop adjustments I have not noticed such a performance variation issue previously.

My own particular 120 /100 crown is at Oulton park with the ginetta GT5 where I can often beat the AI. I use std loose set up but I will be sure to check my times after p4.
    Well awright then babber!

5 seconds isn't huge on a circuit as big as La Sarthe I guess. Lap times though, aren't my focus here, I can balance that with AI difficulty in the short term, should I need to. I would however like to get the stability back. Having a twitchy car for 24 hours definitely makes me feel less confident about completing the event, which is for something very close to my heart and thus, important to me.
    The following user likes this Post: Miker

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryori San View Post
    Well awright then babber!

5 seconds isn't huge on a circuit as big as La Sarthe I guess. Lap times though, aren't my focus here, I can balance that with AI difficulty in the short term, should I need to. I would however like to get the stability back. Having a twitchy car for 24 hours definitely makes me feel less confident about completing the event, which is for something very close to my heart and thus, important to me.
    The changes in that class will presumably be experienced by all other participants. If all experience the changes as you do then I expect the racing still to be close, albeit at a 5s per lap slower pace as you reported.
    Cockpit view. 34 inch distance to 40 inch 1080p TV. Proper fov, 55. World movement 0, all other camera movement, 0.
    G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 70, 5, 0, may change slightly. Skip and scrapyard rig.
    Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI.
    1080p forty inch. Decent hifi, big speakers.

Platform
    PC
    I was just going to start new thread about "Adjusting AI diffuculty in patch 4" but I guess this thread could do the same. I gone through entire change log, but didn´t find any single line to answer my concern about AI diffuculty. I notice there was a lot of track-based inprovements though. Lets see how this will work out for me now
    The following user likes this Post: Ryori San

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    The changes in that class will presumably be experienced by all other participants. If all experience the changes as you do then I expect the racing still to be close, albeit at a 5s per lap slower pace as you reported.
    To be clear, the racing is not 5 seconds a lap slower. The changes to the handling on the XJR9 have caused my tuning to be less stable, causing it to be 5 seconds a lap slower. It is simply the tuning that has been affected.

Platform
    PC
    TC, Tier1, Euro Champ, 1st track - hockenheim. AI 79%. Practise and qualify during rain - always 16th, 2-4 sec behind 15th driver. During race, overtook half of a pack during first lap, during secold placed myself 3rd. Without a small spin, I would won the race. Hmm... still not good.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Here I am still experiencing the lonely island effect where the AI behind me can't keep up and I can't catch the AI in front of me. There is always about a 3-4 second gap behind me and ahead of me and it just feels like I am doing laps with no one to race. Maybe someday I will be able to dial the AI in.
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Thrustmaster TX| 599XX Evo Alcantara|TP3A Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake

Platform
    PC
    I still see the same AI behavior around lap times.
    1. In Practise, the best time is set within first 5-10min and it never changes.
    2. Same for qualify, though might get little bit better.
    3. In race, AI is slower than in qualify and practise. I came last at qualify, but I won the race. Not realistic situation, is it? ...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by yannara View Post
    I still see the same AI behavior around lap times.
    1. In Practise, the best time is set within first 5-10min and it never changes.
    2. Same for qualify, though might get little bit better.
    3. In race, AI is slower than in qualify and practise. I came last at qualify, but I won the race. Not realistic situation, is it? ...
    1+2: Known issue
    3: They're faster in qualifying but should be slower in practice session than in the race. Raise the AI level and improve your qualifying setups.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Rookie
    The Group C and GTP cars definitely had their lift drag values changed, the biggest change seems to be for the Nissan GTP. I tested its top speed on the Monza oval just a day before the patch, and it was 369 km/h(!). After the patch, i could only do 347 km/h, even after meticulously tweaking the gear ratios. Other cars were not touched as much, most seemed to stay the same. Nissan R89C lost about 10 km/h, the LM version stayed the same.

Anyway, the "nerfing" of the GTP probably means that on any track with long straights (Le Mans, Daytona, Nordschleife) its laptimes will be seriously worse than before, and frankly, the old high speed drag values must have been way too low. The car, as it was raced in real life, mostly raced on slow-ish tracks, Daytona being the fastest one they raced it on. It also missed 1988 Daytona, Nissan not taking part at all. Current in game record with the old version at Daytona is a completely ridiculous 1:29.259. A realistic lap time would be 1:35-1:37. From 1989 Nissan lost about 100 horsepower due to a tighter restrictor, and could barely go under 1:38 at Daytona. The GTP record is 1:33.875 in 1993 with the ultra high-tech Toyota Eagle Mk III.

Platform
    PC
    In qualifying, you always have to be faster than a tournament. Minimal fuel, special settings. Tank filled with contests, other cars, etc. ... I think.
    MoBo=Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU=Intel Core i5 4690, GPU=Asus STRIX GTX970 DCII 4GB GDDR5, RAM=16 GB HyperX Beast/Savage DDR3 2400 MHz CL11, Case=Phanteks P400 TG AG,
    Screen=Sony KDL32W705 1080p, OS=Win 10 Pro 64bit, Audio=Realtek bilt in MB SPDIF/OPT, Connect=1000/200 mbit/sec, Wheels=Fanatec CSR, PSU=Thermaltake Smart SE 730W,
    Group: 5% CLUB
    SORRY, MY BAD ENGLISH.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ryori San, yannara