Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Issue with thrustmaster tx 458

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    "Yo boss, don't worry. I just brought my wheel to tidy up that Excel file I've been working on!"
    I'm lucky. My boss has his racing wheel at work already.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    "Yo boss, don't worry. I just brought my wheel to tidy up that Excel file I've been working on!"
    My boss is the kind of boss that likes to spend the long Chicago winters out in Palm Springs while the rest of us toil away under 22 inches of snow. So I am flying free until the spring
    Last edited by Mon Pavion; 12-02-2018 at 19:55.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    From the driver info file: System Requirement: Windows® 10/ 8.1/ 8 / 7(32-bit / 64-bit)

Do you have a friend who has a newer PC where you could update your drivers?
    So just a quick update on this. You were absolutely right. I did the update procedure on a computer with Windows 10 and it worked without a hitch.

Also, the FFB now feels a million times better. I didn't have a chance yet to test if the original overheating issue I had that was causing a gradual loss of FFB was fixed or not (I've been really busy the last few days) but I did have a quick test session last night and the wheel felt SOOOO much better.

Thanks fellas!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alibi_GT, Bealdor, RoccoTTS

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Pavion View Post
    So just a quick update on this. You were absolutely right. I did the update procedure on a computer with Windows 10 and it worked without a hitch.

Also, the FFB now feels a million times better. I didn't have a chance yet to test if the original overheating issue I had that was causing a gradual loss of FFB was fixed or not (I've been really busy the last few days) but I did have a quick test session last night and the wheel felt SOOOO much better.

Thanks fellas!
    The newer firmware is set to auto cooling, the fan kicks in at a certain temperature, V50 or above gives you the option for forced cooling but you do have to enable it by Simultaneously pressing the “MENU and “MODE” buttons
    = The “Forced” mode becomes active (the LED flashes twice). This will save to the wheels memory. To revert back Simultaneously press the “MENU*” and “MODE” buttons
    = The “Automatic” mode becomes active (the LED flashes once). I always have forced cooling and never have any ffb fading.
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Mon Pavion

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    The newer firmware is set to auto cooling, the fan kicks in at a certain temperature, V50 or above gives you the option for forced cooling but you do have to enable it by Simultaneously pressing the “MENU and “MODE” buttons
    = The “Forced” mode becomes active (the LED flashes twice). This will save to the wheels memory. To revert back Simultaneously press the “MENU*” and “MODE” buttons
    = The “Automatic” mode becomes active (the LED flashes once). I always have forced cooling and never have any ffb fading.
    I was just about to google how to enable forced cooling. Thanks Shoemaker!
    The following user likes this Post: Shoemaker

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    So wheel works fine now. Fans stay on and i do not lose ffb at all.

Was definitely a overheating issue
    The following user likes this Post: Shoemaker

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Nice to hear your problem is solved.