Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [ANSWERED] Why was the Damper Saturation setting removed?

Platform
    PC
    sorry to say. Not all is open to WMD members in the beta group.
    No mention of "Damping" in our patch4 thread.
    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    sorry to say. Not all is open to WMD members in the beta group.
    No mention of "Damping" in our patch4 thread.
    Thanks for the reply. Its weird even you guys don't know what happened with this or why it was removed in the first place. I would guess it was there in the first place so consoles could use it. My problem is I don't want any dampening and that what it feels like now. It is in the patch notes it was removed.

Any way you can ask as id assume youre in contact with sms more then we are here. It almost seems to me it was left at the default 20 and just removed the option to adjust it. Which isn't what youd want in most cases.
    Last edited by morpwr; 11-02-2018 at 22:04.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Can one of the sms guys answer this?
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Interested in this as well.

It is mentioned as "Removed Damper Saturation option."
    Improved hardware (PC) + improved hardware (FFB + pedals) + improved driving skills - limited amount of time = less to no time for livery painting

Platform
    XBOX1
    I actually need this function, so SMS should put it back in before the Console release is dropped. And NOT at some default value, obviously an oversight.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    I actually need this function, so SMS should put it back in before the Console release is dropped. And NOT at some default value, obviously an oversight.
    I figured it would effect console guys more but for us pc guys it just as important I don't want it set at 20 actually zero is preferable at least for me. I'm really surprised we cant get an answer here. I'm also surprised more guys aren't questioning this move because normally you don't want any damper saturation. If its set at the old default of 20 us thrustmaster guys are screwed.
    The following user likes this Post: pferreirag60

Platform
    XBOX1
    Hear you there! It may not do much if it's not above 30 anyway. I need it to just make my wheel feel a bit tighter with low VOL settings and FX0. Higher VOL just looses some of the detail for me. If they don't leave it as is, I'll just play off line and not load the patch. Pretty much can't play on line reliably anyway. (Yeah, yeah, can't wait to hear the "playing on line is fine" comments.)

Platform
    PC
    Hear you there! It may not do much if it's not above 30 anyway. I need it to just make my wheel feel a bit tighter with low VOL settings and FX0. Higher VOL just looses some of the detail for me. If they don't leave it as is, I'll just play off line and not load the patch. Pretty much can't play on line reliably anyway. (Yeah, yeah, can't wait to hear the "playing on line is fine" comments.)
    I'm the opposite on pc with it at 20 it adds too much weight and feels really weird and unnatural when the rear steps out. Besides covering up the low details.

Sorry misread your post we are the same you need a little I want none.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I better get some more TT's in before the whole thing goes south. I really can't even imagine why a functioning option would be removed. It's either a mis-type in the notes, or the function is interacting with something else that they can't fix. I'm fairly certain that someone will show up here sooner or later and tell us we are just being nit pickers. Because when you have something that works, and then you see that it might be taken away, that's no cause for concern.

Platform
    PC
    I better get some more TT's in before the whole thing goes south. I really can't even imagine why a functioning option would be removed. It's either a mis-type in the notes, or the function is interacting with something else that they can't fix. I'm fairly certain that someone will show up here sooner or later and tell us we are just being nit pickers. Because when you have something that works, and then you see that it might be taken away, that's no cause for concern.
    Problem is I noticed it right away. I knew something was off then I'm like oh yeah damper is gone. Ill bet they left the default value and just removed it being adjustable.