Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [ANSWERED] Why was the Damper Saturation setting removed?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    That's the one. If you run real heavy ffb you might not notice it as much. All it really did was add artificial wheel weight. But it hurts all the subtle details.
    I don't run heavy FFB, but... just had a thought, I do run jack spades files and did when I made changes to that setting to "see what it did". I did so with a variety of settings, light and heavy and not once did I notice the slightest bit of difference. However, my thoughts are that maybe it wasn't referenced in Jack's files, but is in default files. Not sure, just a thought.

Either way, for an option that did do something (obviously it did, otherwise you guys wouldn't be posting) then removing a working option makes no sense to me.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    I don't run heavy FFB, but... just had a thought, I do run jack spades files and did when I made changes to that setting to "see what it did". I did so with a variety of settings, light and heavy and not once did I notice the slightest bit of difference. However, my thoughts are that maybe it wasn't referenced in Jack's files, but is in default files. Not sure, just a thought.

Either way, for an option that did do something (obviously it did, otherwise you guys wouldn't be posting) then removing a working option makes no sense to me.
    Its might be because youre running his settings. His settings tighten the center of the wheel quite a bit so you probably wouldn't notice it adding the weight as much. Could be the last part you mentioned too that it doesn't effect his files. Why it was set to 20 default for my wheel is beyond me in the first place. Normally that's the first thing you do is set spring and damper to zero in the control panel.
    Last edited by morpwr; 12-02-2018 at 20:36.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    342 views and no answer from somebody that would know.....
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC

Damper Saturation setting removed? Why

Was this just removed and left at the default values of 20 for tm wheels because after patch 1.4 that's what it feels like.

Platform
    PC
    Was this just removed and left at the default values of 20 for tm wheels because after patch 1.4 that's what it feels like.
    According to the release notes it said:

"Removed Damper Saturation option." - But when I logged in the the default settings on my G29 was at 100 and steering was pretty heavy.
    I put it back to 0 and it was back to normal (this was using the old jack spade files still because i only saw the updates now).

Seems like damping is still in the game?
    | Intel i5-2500K @3.6GHz | 8gb ram | 1x MSI GTX 960 2GB | 27"Samsung 1920x1080 |
    | Bose QC15 Headphones | Logitech Z5500 Digital 5.1 | Windows 10 64-bit |
    | Logitech G29 Wheel | Logitech G29 Pedals | Logitech G29 6 speed H-Shifter |

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PoL View Post
    According to the release notes it said:

"Removed Damper Saturation option." - But when I logged in the the default settings on my G29 was at 100 and steering was pretty heavy.
    I put it back to 0 and it was back to normal (this was using the old jack spade files still because i only saw the updates now).

Seems like damping is still in the game?

That should be the one for the controller not the wheel.

Platform
    PC
    Come on you can move my thread I started because I figured maybe my title wasnt specific enough but not a single mod or someone from sms can answer this. But if I had sound issues it would get answered right away or any other issue for that matter.....

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe change tittle to Pcars2 is the most amazing sim ever to get their attention?
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A

Platform
    PC
    Come on you can move my thread I started because I figured maybe my title wasnt specific enough but not a single mod or someone from sms can answer this. But if I had sound issues it would get answered right away or any other issue for that matter.....
    Updated the thread title. However, that doesn't automatically mean there will ever be an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by rosko View Post
    Maybe change tittle to Pcars2 is the most amazing sim ever to get their attention?
    rosko, you are already on thin ice.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, leeroy98

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Updated the thread title. However, that doesn't automatically mean there will ever be an answer.

rosko, you are already on thin ice.
    I get it doesn't automatically mean ill get an answer but come on this is a legitimate question or will this be like when I said there was something wrong with the thrustmaster wheels with the big deadzone that went unanswered and suddenly there is a thrustmaster update to fix it(so they knew). Seeing this is the main thing you use to play I don't seeing it being any less important then the sound issue but that gets attention?