Thread: Migrated to new PC, hours played reset

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Migrated to new PC, hours played reset

Hi there,

As the title suggests, I migrated to a new PC but now my total hours etc are reset.

Wondering, if I'm gold level for experience, do I have to re-accumulate play time towards the highest badge (ie - bronze, silver, gold etc), or is it based off of what SMS has? (ie - stored remotely, not locally)

Anyone know for sure?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    do you have access to the old PC? you can turn off cloud sync and use your backup folder
    Ultimate budget vr rig: i5-2500, 8gigs ram, 1050ti, 550watt psu. total cost: $375. Fanatec Forza CSR wheel, CSL Elite loadcell pedals, Fanatec sequential/H pattern shifter. Golf GTI "racing seat"

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobarus View Post
    Hi there,

As the title suggests, I migrated to a new PC but now my total hours etc are reset.

Wondering, if I'm gold level for experience, do I have to re-accumulate play time towards the highest badge (ie - bronze, silver, gold etc), or is it based off of what SMS has? (ie - stored remotely, not locally)

Anyone know for sure?
    The colour ribbon is almost certainly dependant on what SMS store
    I accidentally reset my stats not that long ago, in my profile I have S1524, rainbow coloured ribbon and only 6h played online... trust me, its a LOT more than that (500 more)

I need to go to a few Project Cars Anonymous group sessions, I think.. <-- The first step, admitting the problem.

Edit: This is from when I reset it, initially.

Last edited by FxUK; 12-02-2018 at 21:22.
    RWB Racing
    Platform: PC Hardware: Thrustmaster TX LE, CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK monitor. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    Jackspade custom FFB files with with a few minor tweaks to suite me. & Vol, Tone, FX all @ 50
    The following user likes this Post: bloozmahn

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

I do have access to my old PC (well actually it's just a backup from the old build, I migrated to the new Evo Pro m.2 from a raid 0 ssd array, and new rampage vi motherboard and i9 cpu).

I did manage to move all my custom setups over, but have no idea where the play time data is stored (or even what it's called).

I agree that the ranking is stored by SMS remotely, but the question is, is just the "snapshot" of the current ranking stored, and it references you local date to see how many hours played, or is it all stored remotely by SMS. For example, I can see I'm 46% of the way to S class from A, and skill is still at 1604, but I have no idea how far I am along with the overall experience (ie - gold to next level).

Platform
    PC
    I have no idea on that one i'm afraid. I would presume a total no. of online races is stored with SMS though, otherwise mine would have reset back to blue and it hasn't.

I haven't really paid too much attention to it since it was bugged and displayed random colors, like the flags would, especially on host migration or even people leaving / joining, they seemed to keep the previous person's flag / licence color.

Whilst it should have been a good indicator, ie

U1500 + Gold: Clearly unsafe driver that tries to win at any cost, hence retaining 1500.
    U1500 + Blue: Fairly new to the game

It was untrustworthy. Even the skill is exploitable.
    The only part of the licence that holds any integrity, in my eyes, is the Safety Ranking.
    RWB Racing
    Platform: PC Hardware: Thrustmaster TX LE, CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK monitor. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    Jackspade custom FFB files with with a few minor tweaks to suite me. & Vol, Tone, FX all @ 50