Thread: post patch 4.0 - tire tracks and dirt on track textures popping in and disappearing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation post patch 4.0 - tire tracks and dirt on track textures popping in and disappearing

since the latest patch that brought all kinds of great fixes, I started noticing this issue in my career: I was in GT4 series, Watkins Glen and the dark tire tracks would disappear as I got to within feet of them and then on Sonoma I noticed dirt patches appearing feet in front of me as I was driving. It is very jarring. The most notable stretch of road on Watkins Glen, is after the second turn where you go uphill - that entire stretch has dark tire marks, but right before you take that corner uphill they were all disappearing right in front of my eyes. It will take a few laps before the Live 3.0 starts adding these tire tracks so you can then see them disappear.

I am not speaking of the usual bad environmental pop in that Pcars2 suffers, this is on the track textures disappearing and appearing under you car as you are driving. I just finished a Group A race at Catalyina and after a few laps it was happening on just about every corner. I did not see this reported yet, so I figured I would open a thread to get it added to known issues. Hopefully it can get cleaned up, must be an issue with the LIVE track 3.0 optimizations in the 4.0 patch

this is on PC, maxed out settings. thanks!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    so this is happening on every track I race in career unless its raining, no one else is seeing this? maybe I need to reinstall the game or something...

I noticed that after some laps, the tire rubber that has been accumulating in the road, disappears, but after some laps, starts accumulating again. It have been like that since patch 3.0
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - 2x GTX980 (1477MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter

Pedro Ferreira

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My bad, turns out it was somehow from Reshade which I was using to try injecting a more aggressive SMAA to clean up the jaggies. Once I removed it, the last couple races the Live 3.0 track build up was smooth and perfect. So happy to have it back working, that was a weird one..
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik