Thread: Does Live Track 3.0 work as it should Online?

Platform
    PC

Does Live Track 3.0 work as it should Online?

The league I am in had a 90 minute race yesterday at Fuji. We had 3 Weather Slots, Rain to Light Rain to Rain. A few of us reported not seeing a drying line or racing groove at all. None of us reported seeing much of one. Considering there were 20 of us on track, there should have been some kind of groove created by the car ahead, you'd think.

So, to test this I created an Offline room versus the AI using Light Rain at Fuji as the test bed. 19 AI opponents and myself. The racing groove was clear and distinct the first lap and was seemingly dynamic throughout the race. When there was no traffic, the line would go away. When traffic passed through, the line would reappear. Every time I passed it, the line was clearly evident. I started in the back of the multiclass race (GT3/LMP2) to verify, along with watching the replay.

Then I created an Online room versus the AI using identical settings and did the exact same thing. 19 AI opponents and myself. As with the Offline race, the racing groove was clear and distinct the first lap. But with each successive lap the groove disappeared. By the end of the race there was no groove or line at all, regardless of traffic. It was though I was racing on a green track from around lap 6 or so.

Is this a known issue?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowhop View Post
    Is this a known issue?
    Yes
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: crowhop, neslane

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Yes
    Since? Will that issue be fixed?

Platform
    PC
    To add to what @crowhop posted, the race ran 90 minutes, using 3 weather slots (Rain --> Light Rain --> Rain). We should have seen a dry line form during the Light Rain phase for sure.

This also had the negative side effect of not allowing anyone to generate any heat in the rain tires. This would be expected, since the track was VERY wet at all times, so the water was having the expected cooling effect. But at the same time, this is an issue since the track should not have been so wet to begin with, which should have allowed us to generate heat in the tires.

The combination of the above mentioned LIveTrack issue together with the tire model adjustments made for a very frustrating race for many of our league members.

Also, the session was hosted P2P since our Dedicated Server was inaccessible post patch (Linux based server, issue is discussed in another thread). We are hoping to get a Windows based DS working so we can test the similar scenario on the DS to see if it is P2P specific or across the board for online.
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 12-02-2018 at 15:43.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flens07 View Post
    Since?
    Since the many posts that have been posted about it over the past several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flens07 View Post
    Will that issue be fixed?
    I'm not SMS, so I don't know. I'm sure they are looking into it, but I don't have roadmaps of what/when things will be addressed.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Would you see a drying line on a saturated race track?
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    As rain level reduces from Rain to Light rain, and 20 vacuum cleaners pass over that track, yes you would. Watch any IMSA or WEC race in the rain and you will see it happen. And test it yourself. It works perfectly in Offline mode, against AI, as stated by @crowhop. It's only an issue of it not happening properly in Online races.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    Here's the test scenario I had used in the past:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1418942

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Here's the test scenario I had used in the past:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1418942
    It's alright I was having a brain fart lol I was thinking the other way round from dry to wet Doh!!
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift