Thread: How to get a good start with the BMW 320 TC?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

How to get a good start with the BMW 320 TC?

The 320 TC is one of my favourite cars in the PC2 roster: looks great, absolutely brutal sound, tip top FFB, so much fun to throw around against AI that aren't unfairly advantaged in various weather conditions. My only problem is that it's next to impossible to get a good start in a race. If I give it some revs and drop the clutch, an approach which works with nearly every other car, it just instantly stalls. If I feather the clutch, I can get off the line without stalling but the AI just streak on by while I try to keep the revs up. I've tried fiddling gearing settings but to no avail. Surely some of you armchair legends have a formula that works with this beast? Care to share? Thanks in advance!
    i5-7600K | 16GB DDR4| SSD | Win7 64| GTX1070 | T300GTE | T3PA PRO | TH8A | Next Level Stand

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by tpw View Post
    The 320 TC is one of my favourite cars in the PC2 roster: looks great, absolutely brutal sound, tip top FFB, so much fun to throw around against AI that aren't unfairly advantaged in various weather conditions. My only problem is that it's next to impossible to get a good start in a race. If I give it some revs and drop the clutch, an approach which works with nearly every other car, it just instantly stalls. If I feather the clutch, I can get off the line without stalling but the AI just streak on by while I try to keep the revs up. I've tried fiddling gearing settings but to no avail. Surely some of you armchair legends have a formula that works with this beast? Care to share? Thanks in advance!
    I find it is routinely the fastest off the line as it is rear wheel drive and all the others in that class, I think, front wheel drive. I use default loose set up.

I don't recall wheel spin being an issue, so as you suggest, make sure you slip clutch near max revs but not hitting the limiter and balance the throttle and clutch to maintain max output, but I guess you know that.

Obviously if the wheels are spinning you will make very little progress so avoid that.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I find it is routinely the fastest off the line as it is rear wheel drive and all the others in that class, I think, front wheel drive. I use default loose set up.

I don't recall wheel spin being an issue, so as you suggest, make sure you slip clutch near max revs but not hitting the limiter and balance the throttle and clutch to maintain max output, but I guess you know that.

Obviously if the wheels are spinning you will make very little progress so avoid that.
    If you're not using the clutch, what's the best way to get it off the line? Because like the OP I'm constantly getting rear ended because it's stalled or is very slow to start.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals