Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AI Level per track?

Banned
    Platform
    PC

AI Level per track?

With the AI knowingly at different speeds at any given track relative to actual %, is there a chance to have a track specific ai difficulty option. Or basically it remembers your level each track?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I am not sure I understand you correctly but the difficulty and aggression level is set globally.

I do find I have cars / tracks where I am running higher AI, up to 120 at Oulton park gt5, simply because I love that circuit and have raced on it most often.

A AI per track slider would just add more confusion in my view for no real gain, also it begs the question, what about AI per car settings and it becomes never ending.

You versus the AI will always be a complex interplay of your skills and theirs and the variations are a natural and unavoidable result of that.

Perhaps in another five years each AI car will be thread running in some complex spiking neural network that can learn adapt and react as your skills grow, until then some player input will likely be needed to get the perfect balance.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 78. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: falm

Platform
    PC
    SMS is still going through all the tracks and variations. There were changes to some in the recent patch, but there are still more to come. It will take some time as you saw from Doug's response on the Formula C that the tuning is every car and track combination.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, lokid, yannara

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    i suppose, dougs interaction and help makes me want to continue to play and support PC2 regardless of my rants and moans.. At the moment I’ve taken to writing down my ai skill level.. tbd most sit around the 90-95 apart from silverstone anyone find that a lot harder than the rest, but like how brands was?

Platform
    PC
    Also, it doesn't help that other changes to the AI forces SMS to revisit some tracks to re-tune all over again.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    as much as i like sims and driving them and would love to know how to make them,, thats one job i think i rather pass on lol.. AI ha

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Also, it doesn't help that other changes to the AI forces SMS to revisit some tracks to re-tune all over again.
    IMHO this problem cant be fully solved until the next generation Consoles. Alone that fact that AI is running on a different physics engine leads to tweaking, the closer the AI physics will come to the player physics the better the overall balancing (just think "puddles").
    And as @Zaskarspants mentioned also we players run not all track / car combo's with the same skill, leading to the observation that the AI "seems to be off".

Overall I'm happy with what we have in PC2 and I do not expect any game changing improvements.

Maybe we see in the next title some sort of adaptive AI so that we can skip the fiddling with the AI speed slider completely, only aggression could stay.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    i do mean Ai level per track which is obviously editable with the player, not stuck? like rf2. Just so we dont have to take to making notes.

Platform
    PC
    I don't think it's an unreasonable ask. However, I don't believe that is the direction SMS is going. They've worked hard to try to eliminate users needing to configure anything on a per track basis other than setups. I don't foresee them changing this direction, at least with PC2.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: lancashirelad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Be cool if you based AI lap speed on a players qualifying speed. Perhaps make the AI range +5% and -5% (or user adjustable %) from the players qualifying time on each track to sort of "Auto balance" the AI.

If no qualification is done, just use the current AI strength setting.
    PC: i7-4790k@4.5, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, 34" 1080p Ultawide Display, TrackIR5
    The following user likes this Post: GenBrien