Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AI Level per track?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lokid View Post
    With the AI knowingly at different speeds at any given track relative to actual %, is there a chance to have a track specific ai difficulty option. Or basically it remembers your level each track?
    I see your pain, but in real life, some tracks are better for some drivers and some other tracks suits better for other drivers. Also, I noticed, that if you really practise a new track for entire 60min, it will give you results.
    The following user likes this Post: Zenzic

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    Either that or the player could take advantage and sand bag in qualifying for easy wins.
    I'm always laughing really loud each time I read about difficulty in this game and how you could cheat your way

You can already do the whole career with 0% if you want, so ''cheating'' by slowing down or cheating by lowering the slider is really no different
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mad LL, Schnizz58

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GenBrien View Post
    I'm always laughing really loud each time I read about difficulty in this game and how you could cheat your way

You can already do the whole career with 0% if you want, so ''cheating'' by slowing down or cheating by lowering the slider is really no different
    Yeah you make a good point. I guess my issue with adaptive AI is more so on the premise that some AI will always be faster than your time. In my experience it just makes it almost impossible to win because if there is always an AI that will be faster than your best, chances are you would never win a race unless something goes wrong. I want a challenge from the AI and I feel adaptive AI in R3E for example is worse than just finding the right difficulty.
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|1TB Samsung 960 EVO|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Fanatec V2.5|Fanatec Formula Carbon Rim|Fanatec V3 Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah you make a good point. I guess my issue with adaptive AI is more so on the premise that some AI will always be faster than your time. In my experience it just makes it almost impossible to win because if there is always an AI that will be faster than your best, chances are you would never win a race unless something goes wrong. I want a challenge from the AI and I feel adaptive AI in R3E for example is worse than just finding the right difficulty.
    Outside of career mode I don't need to win at all. There is only one winner and me winning every time is far from realistic. Fighting for the top 5 is just fine.

And in career mode it should not be a bad thing if I end up in 5th place. A lot of very good real-life racers would be happy with 4th or 5th in their car(because it's the best it can do, period). Let's not try to say everything lower than podium is meaningless, because that's a high expectancy approach to racing IMHO.

So yeah, I'd want an adaptive AI(not to be confused with horrible rubberband), that will give me a tough(but achievable) challenge every time. So I don't end up in front of the pack or chasing the back.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 14-02-2018 at 18:53.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: GenBrien

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Outside of career mode
    I'd be in full agreement with you that winning wasn't everything, but in career mode with the way you have to place to move up, it kind of is.

I don't disagree with your ideology of winning not being everything. I spent 18 years of my life swimming. Yes winning is the goal but there were times I didn't win that I was still thrilled with my performance. I'd love to have that same approach to career mode and try to as much as possible, but I also have to have the AI set at at level that gives me a chance to win. An adaptive AI that was programmed to always have a certain amount of cars to be faster than me would mean I would probably be stuck and never advance in career mode.

Again all I'm saying is I personally haven't experienced an adaptive AI that works well so IMO unless SMS figured how to implement it properly an adaptive AI is not the answer.
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|1TB Samsung 960 EVO|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Fanatec V2.5|Fanatec Formula Carbon Rim|Fanatec V3 Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    I'd be in full agreement with you that winning wasn't everything, but in career mode with the way you have to place to move up, it kind of is.

I don't disagree with your ideology of winning not being everything. I spent 18 years of my life swimming. Yes winning is the goal but there were times I didn't win that I was still thrilled with my performance. I'd love to have that same approach to career mode and try to as much as possible, but I also have to have the AI set at at level that gives me a chance to win. An adaptive AI that was programmed to always have a certain amount of cars to be faster than me would mean I would probably be stuck and never advance in career mode.

Again all I'm saying is I personally haven't experienced an adaptive AI that works well so IMO unless SMS figured how to implement it properly an adaptive AI is not the answer.
    Totally agree with that, but I kind of implicitly meant that career mode should let that 'need top 3 to continue' go a bit. You're only fooling yourself anyway, because you are in control of how fast the AI is. So people will set it so top 3 is easily achievable(which will translate to people winning most separate championships, I'm sure). And I admit I do this myself too. It's part of the reason I enjoy non-career races more, because a good fight in the midfield is actually fun, and not winning or being in the top 3 has no consequences. The only consequence is lots of fun, which is the most important reason why enjoy sims.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GenBrien, Tar Heel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Totally agree with that, but I kind of implicitly meant that career mode should let that 'need top 3 to continue' go a bit. You're only fooling yourself anyway, because you are in control of how fast the AI is. So people will set it so top 3 is easily achievable(which will translate to people winning most separate championships, I'm sure). And I admit I do this myself too. It's part of the reason I enjoy non-career races more, because a good fight in the midfield is actually fun, and not winning or being in the top 3 has no consequences. The only consequence is lots of fun, which is the most important reason why enjoy sims.
    Totally agree! I wish it would be let go as well for the reasons you stated. It would be cool if the career mode was more immersive and opportunities to move up came in more ways than just placing top 3.
    The following user likes this Post: GenBrien