Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AI Level per track?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Thats basically what racerooms adaptive ai does i think. It works but you need to train the AI first.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'd love to have a save button to allow keeping ai and agression locked for a track/car combination. I started taking notes yesterday so there is no time wasted on testing the ai strength.
    Xbox One X!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GenBrien, maTech

Platform
    PC
    Other titles have the AI level issue of being slow on some tracks and extremely fast on others.
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Platform
    XBOX1
    JMO, but I would hate to have to adjust the AI for every track. Not only that but would it have to be for every car/track combo? E.g., AI might be fast in Ginetta Jr. at Oulton Park but slow in the Formula Rookie. I'd rather that SMS go through the process to tweak all the AI as good as they can and just live with the results.

ETA: Just to add to the above in case it's helpful to anybody...
    If SMS can get the AI tweaked to the point where they're fairly consistent, that's good enough for me. Then I can refine the difficulty to suit my abilities. There are going to be places where they're better than me and others where I'm better then them. That actually improves the immersion because it's like real life. As I go through the career progression, I adjust the difficulty upwards if I podium and downwards if I finish out of the top 10. Over a series of races, it settles on a value that feels right to me. I want it to be challenging but not impossible.
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 13-02-2018 at 17:01.

Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    But that's about to change...
    The following user likes this Post: lokid

Platform
    PC
    yeah, it's not as simple as tuning the overall laptimes (which is what Raceroom's adaptive AI does). This tends to exacerbate existing issues with AI speed relative to the player, so they can end up being way too fast in some corners, so even with adaptive AI you still need to spend *ages* making sure their corner speeds, braking distances, exit speeds, apex speeds, acceleration, fuel use, tyre use etc etc are similar to the player. Factor in all the possible tyre compounds and weather conditions and it's a huge task
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Would a dynamic system be possible?

You set how you want your race to be(easy-challenging-hard/ where you want to be in the car's pack(end-mid-top)
    Then the AIs are adjusting their strenght, compared to your time, on the fly

ex:
    you set the AIs to be ''challenging'' and to race in mid-pack
    Game would set agression to something like 60% and strenght to 80%

you start your practice and after some laps you're in the top 3(so better than you should)
    Game adjust strenght to 90% without your imput
    Settings would be lock in race conditions, because it would not be possible to win/lose otherwise

Of course, you would still get the option to have a fixed value for strenght and agression(like it is now)

I guess its too much for Pcars2 now but I think it would be a good system
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by GenBrien View Post

You set how you want your race to be(easy-challenging-hard/ where you want to be in the car's pack(end-mid-top)
    That would essentially be rubber banding wouldn't it? I don't think I'd like the AI to adjust themselves to me. I'd rather it be the other way around. I want to be continually getting better so that I can keep up with them. They're like the rabbit at the dog track.

Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    But that's about to change...
    The following user likes this Post: Mad LL

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GenBrien View Post

ex:
    you set the AIs to be ''challenging'' and to race in mid-pack
    Game would set agression to something like 60% and strenght to 80%

you start your practice and after some laps you're in the top 3(so better than you should)
    Game adjust strenght to 90% without your imput
    Settings would be lock in race conditions, because it would not be possible to win/lose otherwise

Of course, you would still get the option to have a fixed value for strenght and agression(like it is now)

I guess its too much for Pcars2 now but I think it would be a good system
    Dunno. IMO a dynamic AI would take away any incentive to improve yourself.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I'd rather it be the other way around. I want to be continually getting better so that I can keep up with them. They're like the rabbit at the dog track.
    so you're setting it at 120% and hope to catch them one day?

My idea is to eliminate the tedious and long process of fine tuning the AI to have a race like you want

In carreer for example, one race I had the AI at 105% and won by a little margin
    the next race after that with the same Ai % I was last by a good 5 seconds...
    set a lower %
    load the race
    make some laps
    still not where I want to be
    quit the race
    adjust %
    re-load
    and so on....
    and so on....

Like I said:
    1- it would be optional (so people like you could set the % exactly how they like)
    2- it would be only in practice/qual, and not in race, as to not have rubberbanding
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Dunno. IMO a dynamic AI would take away any incentive to improve yourself.
    because settings the exact % as I want does that?