Thread: Fuel and other variables

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Fuel and other variables

Not a frequent problem, but a couple of times I have joined multiplayer qualifying sessions which go straight to the race start without the usual interval during which you can adjust your fuel level or other set-up for the race condition before hitting "Ready" for the race start. Quali is over, next thing you know the race is starting.

As a consequence of this, the race started with whatever the current (from quali) fuel load happens to be, and I found myself running out of fuel after a few laps.

Anyone know if this is bug or if it's actually possible for someone to configure a multiplayer race in this way?

In general, in MP it's hard to know in advance when someone has chosen variable weather, rolling starts, mandatory pit stops, forced assists with no set-up options, full vs. no damage and myriad other things which would (a) influence how you approach a race and (b) decide whether to participate in them at all (for example I don't want to race with assists and rolling starts are usually a nightmare). I like joining other peoples' sessions rather than create more sessions but some of these seem to be used for the sole purpose of catching out players who don't know about them in advance.

It's an option in Race settings on Lobby the host can chose!
    Prozessor: Intel Core i7 4770k Heizk÷rper
    MB: ASUS Maximus VI Hero
    Arbeitsspeicher: (RAM) 8,00 GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    WIN 7 x64
    Controller:Good old G25

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by xX-Chris-Xx View Post
    It's an option in Race settings on Lobby the host can chose!
    Interesting - thank you.

So, is it actually possible (if you're not the host) to see when this is the case? Needless to say, it sucks to be forced to start races with insufficient fuel. It seems I never get to see the list of race parameters before entering practice or qualifying, and I'm wondering if that's just me being clueless or blind.

What kind of person you have to be to trick people into entering unwinnable races in this way would be a question we can ignore for now.

Platform
    PC
    Once you find a server you want to join upon the first click you will come to a page that displays all the realism settings ,sessions & will show some weather info as well ,you can see all this before you hit the next JOIN button ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ojn line pc2 join pic.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	250016

Once you hit that button you will then be in the MP lobby where you can navigate the arrows on the right hand side panels to also see what rules & other settings the server has set !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.02.12 - 12.20.24.70.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	250018
    CPU- AMD FX 8350 Black edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHZ (4.2Hz Turbo) AMD 125W, VID- Gigabyte Nvid 1080 , mobo- GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 R5 , PS- EVGA 1050W supernova, OS- Win 7 Ent, Mem- G.Skill 16G , G27, 50" LG 4K smart TV, Antec big box with lots of lights n fans :-)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you Krobo!

Really helpful. I'm sure I don't currently see this info before joining but at least now I can go and check the reason why.
    The following user likes this Post: Krobo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by shannam1 View Post
    Thank you Krobo!

Really helpful. I'm sure I don't currently see this info before joining but at least now I can go and check the reason why.
    When in the qualifying / pre-race setup screen, you can also click on 'Online lobby' (iirc) to get back to the screen shown in the second screenshot above, there you can view most of the information as Krobo indicated. The only gotcha with these is the lack of info on the 'additional weather slots' that could potentially be set.

I don't think the lobby details (first screenshot) is shown if you enter via invite.
    RWB Racing
    Platform: PC Hardware: Thrustmaster TX LE, CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK monitor. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    Jackspade custom FFB files with with a few minor tweaks to suite me. & Vol, Tone, FX all @ 50