Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel and other variables

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Why not adjust the fuel manually? It really doesn't hurt, I promise
    I adjust fuel manually every time I'm prepping for a race. That's not the problem I'm talking about. I'm talking about finishing qualifying and going straight to the grid, red lights coming on for the start, without having any opportunity to either load a race set-up (as suggested above) or adjust the fuel load to the number of laps (or time) for the race. It doesn't happen frequently, but it's impacted maybe 10 races for me and I literally either run out of fuel on-track, or have to pit, which is pretty stupid in a 6 or 8 lap race. It's true that you can add fuel in the dying moments of quali (I don't always know how many laps we're about to do but, yes, I can go look it up) but that doesn't help when I'm out on track in the final moments of quali and don't get any time to do that.

I have found the option in the menus which define the race parameters for a multiplayer race, so I see where people get to do this. What I still cannot see is where someone joining the race gets to see whether that option is checked. There are some weird people around but it does seem that a few people use this option to catch out their opponents.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by shannam1 View Post
    I adjust fuel manually every time I'm prepping for a race. That's not the problem I'm talking about. I'm talking about finishing qualifying and going straight to the grid, red lights coming on for the start, without having any opportunity to either load a race set-up (as suggested above) or adjust the fuel load to the number of laps (or time) for the race. It doesn't happen frequently, but it's impacted maybe 10 races for me and I literally either run out of fuel on-track, or have to pit, which is pretty stupid in a 6 or 8 lap race. It's true that you can add fuel in the dying moments of quali (I don't always know how many laps we're about to do but, yes, I can go look it up) but that doesn't help when I'm out on track in the final moments of quali and don't get any time to do that.

I have found the option in the menus which define the race parameters for a multiplayer race, so I see where people get to do this. What I still cannot see is where someone joining the race gets to see whether that option is checked. There are some weird people around but it does seem that a few people use this option to catch out their opponents.
    Yeah it's happened to me too, but I had to start with a full tank. I understand what you mean. Hosts started to disable the 'ready up' screen because sometimes people just took their time instead of readying up immediately. There's no way to see it in the lobby settings if 'ready up before the race' is enabled or not.
    Best thing to do is to return to the pits just before qualy ends and adjust the fuel and everything needed for the race.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 31-03-2018 at 20:12.

Yeah it's happened to me too, but I had to start with a full tank. I understand what you mean. Hosts started to disable the 'ready up' screen because sometimes people just took their time instead of readying up immediately. There's no way to see it in the lobby settings if 'ready up before the race' is enabled or not.
    Best thing to do is to return to the pits just before qualy ends and adjust the fuel and everything needed for the race.
    Make a seperate qualifying setup with low fuel, and no brake or radiator cooling. Make a Race setup with a good amount of fuel and cooling. Then it's a quick setup load when you're done qualifying
    www.youtube.com/blackjackrow

PS4 add: adam_j03-zl

Looking for clean races!
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by awaite85 View Post
    Make a seperate qualifying setup with low fuel, and no brake or radiator cooling. Make a Race setup with a good amount of fuel and cooling. Then it's a quick setup load when you're done qualifying
    I agree, it's the best thing to do.

Superkart Pilot
    Why not adjust the fuel manually? It really doesn't hurt, I promise
    Ok Amy Schumer.