Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows mixed reality and PC2 hangs randomly

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Windows mixed reality and PC2 hangs randomly

Hi!

I am having issues with PC2 and WMR Lenovo VR since christmas with graphics crash/hangs. Often I can hear the car continue into a wall, wheel is responding to curbs and so on but the image is frozen.
    From time to time I can run it fairly long, both offline by myself, with AI or online but still, for most part I get the above error.
    I've turned every graphic and effect option down or even off, reinstalled Windows, the game, graphic drivers... nothing seems to help, it will still randomly fail.
    And it can happen anywhere within the game, not only on track. On my way into Options menu, hang. Choosing livery, hang. Just idling thinking what I want to do, hang.

The headset seems ok for what I can see, works well in RF2, Raceroom and AC (as long as I dont take it off as it seems to be laggy then).
    CPU doesn't go over 63C (145F) and GPU 59C (138F) according to HW monitor so no overheating problem either.

Any ideas of what I can try more would be appreciated.

i5 6600k 3.9Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 3200, Nvidia GTX1060 6Gb, Windows 10 64 Home. All in all a very stable box.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    What Nvidia driver are you using, I've found some of the more recent ones are more prone to crashing.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ver 390.65 is the one installde now, which one would you recommend?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The previous one, and maybe the latest, which I haven't tried. I also had crashes with the driver you have.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I'm having this issue too, but only when I play online with more than 10 cars, hopefully it gets sorted out.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
    The previous one, and maybe the latest, which I haven't tried. I also had crashes with the driver you have.
    I had the same problem with the version before ( I think ), installed 389.69 which I am trying out now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I had the exact same issue with my HP wmr headset. Turning off all little extra graphic settings, like windshield dirt, sun rays, etc fixed the problem for me. I had also had animated wheel and driver arms turned off but have recently turned them back on after making some small tweaks in the performance menu.

Small things like windshield dirt and the sun's rays seem to really tax the GPU in VR. Hopefully this works for you as running in VR is a game changer.
    A Canadian V8 Supercars fan.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BCJM76 View Post
    I had the exact same issue with my HP wmr headset. Turning off all little extra graphic settings, like windshield dirt, sun rays, etc fixed the problem for me. I had also had animated wheel and driver arms turned off but have recently turned them back on after making some small tweaks in the performance menu.

Small things like windshield dirt and the sun's rays seem to really tax the GPU in VR. Hopefully this works for you as running in VR is a game changer.
    Those things was already off for me without any difference. I also reinstalled an older version of Nvidia drivers which didn't help either.
    However, yesterday there was an update to SteamVR and after that I have had zero crashes, zero lag due to lot of cars on grid. In fact I have been able to increase my graphic settings in the game, I mean a whole lot without loss of performance at all. Yesterday and today I have done quite a few online races which was next to impossible before as it either crashed or lagged like crazy.

I am not going to say the issue is solved but a little "yay" for myself I can do.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think you aren't in the SteamVR beta channel, as yesterday's update had already been pushed to it. You should be on the SteamVR beta and WindowsMR beta channel right now, as many improvements are happening very quickly.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by larsryst View Post
    Those things was already off for me without any difference. I also reinstalled an older version of Nvidia drivers which didn't help either.
    However, yesterday there was an update to SteamVR and after that I have had zero crashes, zero lag due to lot of cars on grid. In fact I have been able to increase my graphic settings in the game, I mean a whole lot without loss of performance at all. Yesterday and today I have done quite a few online races which was next to impossible before as it either crashed or lagged like crazy.

I am not going to say the issue is solved but a little "yay" for myself I can do.
    I'll have to check that out. Right now, I only have track detail and car detail set to high and everything else set to low. It'd be nice to bump a couple things up to medium at least.
    A Canadian V8 Supercars fan.