Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TS-PC Racer

Platform
    PC

TS-PC Racer

So, I've accumulated £310 or €350 with amazon from birthday and Christmas plus taking out a funeral plan lol. Has anyone gone from a T300, TX or T500 to the TS-PC wheel. How have you found it, is it worth the upgrade etc etc. I'm thinking about selling my T300 to add to the gift amount but I'd like some more feedback. I've checked YouTube but I'd like some other opinions as well thanks.
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I went from g27 > t300 > fanatec csw v2.5 (well thats not mentioning the MS Sidewinder, Momo Racing and G25 before them !).

I did not try a TS PC - but the general consensus is its not as good as the Fanatec CSW.

With that in mind... all depending on how easy it is to get your pennies....but as you suggest its been a saving exercise... no I do not think its worth upgrading.

Why... the T300 is already a really nice wheel FFB wise. What I got with the CSW is stronger FFB and much nicer build quality. Neither of those made me quicker or more consistent and there is very little immersion factor improvement.

IMO - If those pennies are burning a hole in your pocket to me the best upgrade you can go for with what you have already is an Oculus Rift (over a Vive due to Rift ASW/ATW essentially halving your performance requirements).

Your gfx card / CPU will do it justice and it will open up a whole new avenue of gaming for you.

The TS PC racer will get you your t300 plus 30% strength. Not worth it when you can get something so fundamentally game changing for the same sort of money.
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter
    The following 5 users likes this Post: dozer76, Fight-Test, MartinMWWebb, McKiernan, Ossnott

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It's a upgrade but not a massive one.FFB is stronger and smoother but I turn it down to tx levels because it is too strong otherwise. Is it worth it ....you only live once so to me it's always worth it !

Platform
    PC
    I've had a rift already and as immersive as it is, I sold it because I wear glasses and the rift isn't really glasses friendly. I realise you can now buy inserts but it adds another £60-£70. Then it depends when the next version of rift is due out, will it be worth waiting? I do like the T300.
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality

Platform
    PC
    I have a good insight into this, I went from a G25 to a T500RS which is about the same strengthwise as a TS PC racer and it was a good upgrade for me although the friction drag is a pain, one of our members went from a T300 to TS and said that the wheel had the same sort of detail but was stronger and obviously had the butterfly wheel also reduced friction over the T500, he has ordered a DD wheel now OSW so we will see the reports on that.

There have been others upgrade from Logitech and Thrustmaster to a Fanatec CSW wheel 1-2.5 verison and have said it's night and day, what I am saying is T300 to TS PC is not worth it, save your money for a Fanatec or wait for Feel VR if that ever comes to fruition.

As you have tried VR and for me it was the same due to glasses I would suggest either, A. new pedals Fanatec V3's or go B. Ultrawide monitor or triples, these will give you more of a boost with the pedals more so.

I bought the V3i pedals and they have made the biggest boost to my lap times, a load cell is a big bump.

In short keep the T300 buy some new pedals and save more pennies for the next upgrade which will be a DD wheel.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, FxUK

Platform
    PC
    Hi Jim, I went from a T300 to PC Racer and it was indeed an upgrade - stronger FFB, I love the formula rim and the wheel is serving me very well. I paid £450 for mine and felt it was over priced tbh. The T300 is such a good wheel for the money it’s tough to say it’s a worthwhile upgrade. If you can get one for under £400 then it’s looking better.

A couple of things though. I had issues with mine TM refuses to fix and I had to do myself. Since posting a YouTube video of the issue about 10 other people have contacted me with the same problem. I managed to fix it but it’s still affecting PC-Racer wheels so there is a design flaw in them.

The other point is, your money would way better spent on pedals. I bought the Clubsport v3 when I had my T300 and best upgrade Ive made. I’d spend your money there and you could get the CSL Elite pedals with a loadcell well in budget or stretch a little to the CSP v3 pedals.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals

Platform
    PC
    £400 on pedals! Omg, I've gone all dizzy lol

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    £400 on pedals! Omg, I've gone all dizzy lol
    Wait for a Christmas Sale bundle. This way you can save 5 bucks or so.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Wait for a Christmas Sale bundle. This way you can save 5 bucks or so.
    Ah yes, good idea lol. I mean £400 on something you can't even see!!

Platform
    PC
    I think you're all right, so I'm keeping the T300 for now, Oculus has been and gone and I have 34" wide monitor but to pay £400 on pedals???????? My last car was only slightly more that that lol