Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TS-PC Racer

Platform
    PC
    IMO, I'd definitely go for a good set of pedals before VR.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    IMO, I'd definitely go for a good set of pedals before VR.
    Yeah, you could be right. If it were a case of buy the rift, stick it on your head and play then great but If you wear glasses that's just another thing to have to deal with. At least with the pedals, I can plug them in and off we go. I also like the sound of the fanaleds, do these work well?
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality playstation - jimortality63

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I upgraded from T300 to TS-PC Racer and find it was a good step and improvement. Consistent strength in long curves, stronger and also a bit more detail. I have no issue at all with fixing it. I use the butterfly wheel and the leather GT wheel.
    i7 3770K@4.1GHz, Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 8GB, 3x1920x1200 triple screen, TM TS-PC Racer wheel, T3PA-PRO pedals, Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5, Windows 10 64Bit, 24GB RAM

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juhu_0815 View Post
    I upgraded from T300 to TS-PC Racer and find it was a good step and improvement. Consistent strength in long curves, stronger and also a bit more detail. I have no issue at all with fixing it. I use the butterfly wheel and the leather GT wheel.
    Fixing it?
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality playstation - jimortality63

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    In one of the posts a fix issue was mentioned. Maybe I've misunderstood it. I talk about mounting.
    i7 3770K@4.1GHz, Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 8GB, 3x1920x1200 triple screen, TM TS-PC Racer wheel, T3PA-PRO pedals, Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5, Windows 10 64Bit, 24GB RAM

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    When is the next version of oculus going to be out do you think? 1, 2 years?
    No idea alas - but as HTC are coming out with a better resolution model I hope Oculus follow suit - as the resolution is the number one thing I dont like

Although the immersion and improvement in spacial awareness & car control are an easy win over monitors for me.

In terms of the the lens inserts... there are 2 options.

1. The lens inserts that you squeeze into the HMD
    2. The glasses that you wear that are designed to work in VR headsets.

I have option 1 currently but as my monitor is not in my rig if I do need to take the headset off I have to get my glasses or get out of rig every time. PC2 allows you to do everything in HMD (typing for setups is the only thing I need to peek out of HMD) so its not a problem there but for other sims ie AC its a ball ache.

No2 would be what I would go for with a new HMD - its well worth the asking price vs cramming your specs in every time.
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    HI,
    during last years I went through this upgrade path:

g27 > T500 > T300 > Ts PC Racer

Now I am absolutely happy with Ts Pc and I suggest you that another key aspect in the "equation" is the steering wheel itself, not only the wheel base.

In fact I experienced an increasing level of control by increasing the wheel quality&diameter.

T300 + Th Alcantara 599xx Wheel was a quite good mix but now I' m super fine with Ts_pc + Th Sparco Gt-Rally wheel

Above mentioned Th Sparco Wheel quality is simply another level (superior) = very firm, very consistent, very "real"; the price itself is reasonable because its quality resemble many slightly more expensive custom wheels..............

Then I have to say the major upgrade has been switching from TH T3PAPRO to Fanatec V3 Inverted = really worth it.

Best regards !!
    My Rig: CPU I7 4790K@4400 | GPU Msi Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Asus Z97-PRO GAMER | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Th Ts-Pc Racer + Th Sparco wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Inverted + Fanatec Handbrake | Home made button box bodnar card
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    So thanks for all your input and after a day or so discussing and thinking and going nearly through check out I'm back with nothing. The gift card amount is valid until 2028 but I'm very twitchy lol and things could change in a blink of an eye lol. Goodnight
    The following user likes this Post: SlowBloke

Platform
    PC
    I'm going for the wheel!! I know I know silly twunt blah de blah but when this wheel first came out, I said to myself that I would get it at some point and now seems as good a time as any price wise. I will get the pedals next honest! please don't be mad lol!!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Mark Race, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    I'm going for the wheel!! I know I know silly twunt blah de blah but when this wheel first came out, I said to myself that I would get it at some point and now seems as good a time as any price wise. I will get the pedals next honest! please don't be mad lol!!
    Youll like it but don't expect a giant leap over the t300. It just does a lot of things better.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: jimortality