Thread: FFB questions

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

FFB questions

So, I got myself a wheel, Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia, the ffb version. So far, not what I expected, to be honest. I've never used a ffb wheel before so I don't know how it's supposed to feel. I don't know what I'm looking for, so that's a huge part of the problem obviously.
    Trying a lot of different settings, but so far, most of the time, the wheel makes it a lot harder than using the controller. Lap times are seconds off. Of course, that will change with some practice. Right now it's set up on a slightly higher chair, so quite far from ideal position etc. I'll get that sorted later.

Any general newbie advice, regarding using a wheel? I'm not fast, with the controller I have the AI around 70. Haven't tried racing AI with the wheel yet, cause there's no point right now.

I know there's tons of threads with ffb settings, but can anyone share settings that are easy to drive with?

Another question: Looking at the telemetry page, below the ffb widget, there's some text. What does that mean? Depending on settings, I've seen 'SMS R.5", 'SMS J.2' and 'JS MC.1'. JS as in Jack Spade?

Not a question, but: the help text on Wheel calibration page is very confusing. I got it hugely wrong several times, before I found the answer here on this forum.

Original Xbox, TX 458 Italia, firmware v51.

Platform
    PC
    The text under the telemetry graph is the name of the FFB Settings profile in use, since you are on console, you can only use the presets provided by SMS and not custom files.

I would try Gain 100, Volume 50, Tone 35, FX 15.

I'm pretty sure that is what I was using originally, before I started using a custom file (PC here). It's a shame they are not supported on console, because the difference is huge, IMO.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Platform
    PS4
    Time and practice to re-wire your brain for coordinating your hands and feet to track-driver mode instead of street driver mode. Took me ~30 hours to match my controller pace. Now I'm several seconds faster.

Try my settings too. They're not dramatic but they give all the info I need. Use the same settings and just change the flavour, drive a few different cars (a GT, a vintage, a prototype and open wheel of your choice). See what you like. Then try tone at 0, 50, 100 and repeat the test with the same cars.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FxUK, Maskmagog