Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best simulator for Xbox right now

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Post Best simulator for Xbox right now

I am looking in to buying a racing simulator. I use a Logitech g920 wheel and I am looking into if I should buy PC2 or Assetto Corsa as I only have one money for one of them now. I like racing but I am also a bit into drifting, is it possible to drift in PC2 and is it a good sim overall or should I go for AC?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleJoel View Post
    I am looking in to buying a racing simulator. I use a Logitech g920 wheel and I am looking into if I should buy PC2 or Assetto Corsa as I only have one money for one of them now. I like racing but I am also a bit into drifting, is it possible to drift in PC2 and is it a good sim overall or should I go for AC?
    You can drift in PC2 & I think it's a good sim. As for which one you should buy?..... I'm not touching that
    I'm sure you'll pick the one that suits your needs.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Have you played both? Right now I'm leaning towards PC2 as it seems like a more complete game and also for the fact that ACs physics dont seem to far superior compared to PC2. What's your thoughts on this topic?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think you tube videos and independent reviews may be the best source of information.

I only have PC but have watched AC videos and it appears that both will give you what you want but each has it's own fan base who will strongly support the game they play most.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    PC
    You might not get an unbiased opinion in this forum, but I'd suggest that as an all round experience and the range of content you get much more for your money with PC2. I'm sure you could pick up AC on disc second hand though, I got the PS4 version at Christmas for about 12 as it's been out for a while.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    You might not get an unbiased opinion in this forum, but I'd suggest that as an all round experience and the range of content you get much more for your money with PC2. I'm sure you could pick up AC on disc second hand though, I got the PS4 version at Christmas for about 12 as it's been out for a while.
    And you can get Project Cars 2, brand new, from Amazon for 26 pound now.

I'm sure I saw the download of Assetto Corsa for even less than 12 pound, heavily discounted through XBox Gold, quite recently. Its not now, but you know, shows what price range it is at the moment.

Could probably stretch to both if needs be. You'd think.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleJoel View Post
    is it possible to drift in PC2?
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...community-here
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Padalino View Post
    And you can get Project Cars 2, brand new, from Amazon for 26 pound now.

I'm sure I saw the download of Assetto Corsa for even less than 12 pound, heavily discounted through XBox Gold, quite recently. Its not now, but you know, shows what price range it is at the moment.

Could probably stretch to both if needs be. You'd think.
    Is it a physical copy from Amazon or is it a digital code? I have a ADSL connection, dont really bother downloading a 45GB game hehe.

Platform
    PC
    I think there was a demo avaliable for all platforms (not sure xbox), but you can try it. It could be a little bit outdated, but it can help you to decide...
    Last edited by Asturbo; 13-02-2018 at 14:05.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have already downloaded the demo of PC2 for the xbox one and think it's pretty decent! I would just like to try more hehe. But I think it will be my choice as I find it a more complete game!