Thread: Thrustmaster T150 wheel and pedals aren't working properly in Project Cars 2

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Thrustmaster T150 wheel and pedals aren't working properly in Project Cars 2

Just received Project Cars 2. My Thrustmaster T150 wheel and pedals aren't working properly in that game.

I calibrate wheel and pedals as per the instructions and adjust force feedback to average settings All deadzones are zero.

In the game, it requires a massive amount of wheel turning to achieve a tiny amount of car turning, to the extent that I have what almost feels like a deadzone 45 degrees either side of straight ahead. I've played with the menus, trying various combinations at varying proportions of maximums, but am achieving nothing.

Can anyone suggest a cause or a solution, please?
    Last edited by MackWun; 13-02-2018 at 14:14. Reason: typos and adding text

Platform
    PC
    How many degrees did the wheel calibration screen show you at the end?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: MackWun

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Sounds like you need to lower the angle of rotation until you find one you're happy with

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180213-160043.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	250072
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MackWun, MarcoM

Platform
    PS4
    If you calibrate the wheel properly (900) in pcars, it works perfectly and realistically .
    I had an issue when I first set the wheel up way back on release of pcars 1 , felt like driving a bus about .
    Someone talked me through it and it's been perfect since .
    You can tweak it in settings "steering ratio" and I believe other settings help such as caster angle.

Also tyres ....were up to temp ? And it makes a big difference what tyre you use .
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

WMD Member
    Calibrate it properly dude make sure you fully turn the wheel press x then "release" it back to centre then turn it 90deg press x release then save and make sure you have fully pressed the peds before you go into calibration.My buddy had the same issue he didn't return the wheel before doing the 90deg bit

maybe change thread title to MY t150 isn't working

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Many thanks for all the ideas and guidance, guys.

Bottom line is I wasn't aware I could, or should, get useful info by checking the numbers I ended up with after calibration or what those numbers should be. When I did that check, it became obvious that my T150 wasn't consistemntly producing anywhere near the correct results. A mate has dropped off his spare T150 wheel and pedals on the way to work this morning and that calibrates and drives perfectly. Steering range 100, steering lock 903. So I'm buying that set at a sensible second-hand price. Job done!

Many thanks to everyone for leading me quickly to a complete solution.

Still don't understand why my other two racing games have been driving just fine with my original wheel and pedals set before I got PC2, but I'll keep it for spares. Maybe just a bad coincidence; Sod's Law strikes again?

The info about altering steering angle is also going to be useful. Like a Sensitivity adjustment, but a Turbo version. I've briefly tried various angles and 270 or 360 were too sharp, but 540 might give me the response I prefer with some cars in some scenarios. Should be fun playing with that, anyway. A pity settings don't save, but it's quick enough to do every session.

Cheers all! Happy racing!