Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seems jimmy Broadbent is enjoying PC2 again?

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Seems jimmy Broadbent is enjoying PC2 again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzBq5OsBu2A

he mentions the ffb is really good!
    Last edited by lokid; 14-02-2018 at 00:31.

Platform
    PC
    Does it really matter whether he likes it or not? It’s about what YOU like, and whether or not YOU think the ffb feels good.

I do like watching Jimmy though
    Steam I.D: Ekay_Jay
    Fanatec CS V2.5 | CS V3 pedals| Formula wheel | Momo mod30 wheel | CS handbrake| | Th8a shifter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lokid View Post

He's right then, the FFB is really good, as good as any other racing game to date imo, after that it's all down to personal taste and what people perceive as 'right'. For me one test of good FFB is when it is no longer an issue, if the wheel feels natural and I can just fire up the game and race that is a sign of good FFB, it isn't intrusive or immersion breaking.

Jimmy usually runs his FFB way too strong for my liking, all part of showing off the direct drive wheel etc, he's fighting the wheel in the video. Good to see he starts his videos with the sponsorship messages these days too so people know it's a corporate sales message when he talks about the various accessories and can then make their own mind up if he's being objective or pitching products.

I've seen a few of your posts on RD and here saying you're about done with PCARS2, for someone who is thinking that way you've got a lot to say about the game. I think you protest too much and secretly will be buying the game some overpriced flowers and running it a warm bubble bath tomorrow
    PC, Oculus Rift VR & Xbox One X
    The following 7 users likes this Post: casscroute, Fight-Test, Fuzzy, hkraft300, John Hargreaves, maTech, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I like Jimmy and remember when he was back on just a couple of k subs and it was nice to see him back.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzBq5OsBu2A

That's all the vast majority of these people seem to base their opinions about a simulator on: FFB. They lack a sufficient understanding of FFB, and they do not seem to understand it's purpose in a simulator. The Rockefellers and Carnegies have dumbed down the school system to such an extent that such simple matters are beyond a lot of the "simracers" who take to Youtube comment sections. They bashed Project Cars 1 because it's FFB calibration system was too advanced for them, and it's only after SMS did much of the setup work for them in Project Cars 2 that they've started to see sense.

Anyway, Jimmy Broadbent seems like a somewhat decent fellow. I've seen 1 or 2 of his videos before. No doubt Patch 4 will have a major and positive impact on peoples' opinions though. Patch 4 has polished Project Cars 2 to near-perfection. Certainly, Project Cars 2 is miles ahead of any other commercially available simulator. Miles ahead.
    Last edited by Urban Chaos 2.0; 13-02-2018 at 22:49.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: ant1897, bloozmahn, casscroute, F1_Racer68, hkraft300, maTech, rocho, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Race View Post
    He's right then, the FFB is really good, as good as any other racing game to date imo, after that it's all down to personal taste and what people perceive as 'right'. For me one test of good FFB is when it is no longer an issue, if the wheel feels natural and I can just fire up the game and race that is a sign of good FFB, it isn't intrusive or immersion breaking.

Jimmy usually runs his FFB way too strong for my liking, all part of showing off the direct drive wheel etc, he's fighting the wheel in the video. Good to see he starts his videos with the sponsorship messages these days too so people know it's a corporate sales message when he talks about the various accessories and can then make their own mind up if he's being objective or pitching products.

I've seen a few of your posts on RD and here saying you're about done with PCARS2, for someone who is thinking that way you've got a lot to say about the game. I think you protest too much and secretly will be buying the game some overpriced flowers and running it a warm bubble bath tomorrow

Yep, that's him, was known as Msportsdan
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift

Platform
    PC
    We were thinking the same last week when we saw the Indy test, got me to try the Formula X and it really is a well thought out fantasy car and surprising how much it actually looks like that new spec indycar with the windscreen on it (I think the X has a better looking screen even). Bit visionary there and the way F1 should have gone too, but that's another discussion...

We're doing 3 short races online with them on Friday 8PM eastern should some of you be interested:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ght-Fun-Server

Fun car to drive, has some of the best FFB of the open wheelers in PC2 and that Kers button is very tempting seeing it recharges whilst you drive, so balancing the meter out during a race becomes a strategy by itself. Brings you to warp speed in no time also so Hockenheim classic should be a thrill with almost 400 k's an hour .
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Chaos 2.0 View Post
    That's all the vast majority of these people seem to base their opinions about a simulator on: FFB. They lack a sufficient understanding of FFB, and they do not seem to understand it's purpose in a simulator. The Rockefellers and Carnegies have dumbed down the school system to such an extent that such simple matters are beyond a lot of the "simracers" who take to Youtube comment sections. They bashed Project Cars 1 because it's FFB calibration system was too advanced for them, and it's only after SMS did much of the setup work for them in Project Cars 2 that they've started to see sense.

Anyway, Jimmy Broadbent seems like a somewhat decent fellow. I've seen 1 or 2 of his videos before. No doubt Patch 4 will have a major and positive impact on peoples' opinions though. Patch 4 has polished Project Cars 2 to near-perfection. Certainly, Project Cars 2 is miles ahead of any other commercially available simulator. Miles ahead.
    Had to lol at this. Nothing here's speaks sense or truth. Pc1 was an awful sim pc2 is a much better attempt even a great attempt. I don't look at just ffb but that is a major contributor to how real the cars feel, and how it translates cars physics to our toy wheels. Miles ahead of other sims. Come on you on drugs. ?? Please I dare you to post that over at Rd or somewhere more neutral. Please.

The only reason I posted this video is because a few months ago jimmy pretty much gave up on pc2 - like a lot of people did. And now he's enjoying it again after update 4 fixed a lot of issues.

not that I'm saying his word is gospel in sim racing hell no. But he mostly knows what he's talking about out of most the simtubers out there. A lot of hardcore sim racers laugh in the face of pc2 for what ever reason, coverage like this can help the sim mature, in this ever aggressive hard to please community.
    Last edited by lokid; 13-02-2018 at 23:20.

Platform
    PS4
    Had to lol at this. Nothing here's speaks sense or truth. Pc1 was an awful sim pc2 is a much better attempt even a great attempt. I don't look at just ffb but that is a major contributor to how real the cars feel, and how it translates cars physics to our toy wheels. Miles ahead of other sims. Come on you on drugs. ?? Please I dare you to post that over at Rd or somewhere more neutral. Please.
    Actually, urban has a point. More than most people mistake ffb from the game they like/good at with the quality of the physics in other sim. Ffb is a poor indicator of underlying physics. A game can have rubbish physics but dramatic ffb and it will fool you into thinking the game is sim, because the ffb is fun/ "feels" good. Also vice versa (poor education).
    Pc1 had pretty decent physics. The ffb, however had a million ways to achieve the same result gave so much control that the user couldn't isolate and figure out what's what (poor education).
    PC2 physics is on another level. The best out there. However, because the ffb "feels" isn't the same as AC or something else (some say Gran turismo has good ffb and therefore physics ), they don't take to pc2 and shit on it. Again, mistaking ffb for physics. Why? Because poor education.
    Now, then: why do we have the phenomenon of YouTube couch jockeys having the weight of opinion that they do? Because ...
    Wait for it...

Poor education! Which leads to people having poor filters for misinformation, and lacking the ability to differentiate fact from opinion.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-5-5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Actually, urban has a point. More than most people mistake ffb from the game they like/good at with the quality of the physics in other sim. Ffb is a poor indicator of underlying physics. A game can have rubbish physics but dramatic ffb and it will fool you into thinking the game is sim, because the ffb is fun/ "feels" good. Also vice versa (poor education).
    Pc1 had pretty decent physics. The ffb, however had a million ways to achieve the same result gave so much control that the user couldn't isolate and figure out what's what (poor education).
    PC2 physics is on another level. The best out there. However, because the ffb "feels" isn't the same as AC or something else (some say Gran turismo has good ffb and therefore physics ), they don't take to pc2 and shit on it. Again, mistaking ffb for physics. Why? Because poor education.
    Now, then: why do we have the phenomenon of YouTube couch jockeys having the weight of opinion that they do? Because ...
    Wait for it...

Poor education! Which leads to people having poor filters for misinformation, and lacking the ability to differentiate fact from opinion.
    That ladies and Gentlemen is it in a nutshell plus some sim racing snobbery shoved in as well.
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, hkraft300, Reiche, Zaskarspants