Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualifying Grip / Race Zero Grip

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Qualifying Grip / Race Zero Grip

Pulling my hair out here, Sports Car Lites at Brands Hatch i qualy in 2nd with .0034 behind pole plenty of grip on track to push and that was in the rain.

The race though is a different matter its like im racing on ice and after 7 or 8 restarts i have not managed to complete the first lap without spinning out tell a lie 1 race i managed to get on my 2nd lap and spun on the first corner. Overcast conditions.

Any help welcome.

Also i dont know if its because of 100% agg but starts now im finding everytime im overtook by 5 or 6 cars.
    Last edited by UkHardcore23; 20-02-2018 at 22:44.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.
    The following user likes this Post: sammymac21

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Complete stab in the dark. Having spent most off my adult life driving.(fastest cabbie in the east) After Heavy rain which will wash away any rubber that is layed down on road or track surface. Whilst surface may appear dry or drying. It can be quite greasy. Also at brands esp in the wet. Stay off the curbs

But then have done plenty off track days at Brands as its only 20 mins from me. Its quite a grippy circuit except on one corner where the junction is for indy and gp. Had a B7 Rs4 when life was good and even that would lose its ass on occasion. Also most scared ive ever been was taking my 2 week old Rs4 into the first bend at brands at speed. No sim can replicate just how scary it is. Sorts the men from the boys. I assume thats why its still got a gravel trap instead off a run off. Cause the speed and g you carry through there. If you make a mistake the deep gravel stops you from dying

Sorry rambling about memories of the goodold days
    Last edited by ScaredDuck; 21-02-2018 at 02:24.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EV3RY, hkraft300, Lord of the Racing, UkHardcore23

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    This could be due to a number of different reason but mainly its probably due to

A) Wrong tire pressures

B) Wrong tires

C)Overdriving...Eagerness on throttle application

I would check the tire pressures first as that makes a huge difference. Find out the tire pressure range that you should be in.
    Run 5-10 laps then check the pressures on your telemetry to see their stable values and adjust accordingly to each wheel to see how how close they are to the reference pressures.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alex1996, hkraft300, UkHardcore23

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilazza View Post
    This could be due to a number of different reason but mainly its probably due to

A) Wrong tire pressures

B) Wrong tires

I would check the tire pressures first as that makes a huge difference. Find out the tire pressure range that you should be in.
    Run 5-10 laps then check the pressures on your telemetry to see their stable values and adjust accordingly to each wheel to see how how close they are to the reference pressures.
    and check track temperatures as well. The colder the less grip you will have...
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    After my 15th restart i had enough and turned it off in anger and stuck AC on. The usual one great night and was god awful night on PCARS total jekyll and hyde of a game.

Cant see how it could be the wrong tires as only option were Slicks, Wet, All Terrain, Ice or Automatic by weather, Tried both Wet and Slicks and automatic by weather which put me on slicks. Both were identical in how the car performed virtually zero difference. Certainly not overdriving although the AI seemed to have went from timid in qualifying to Schumacher in the race. Maybe it was tyre pressure but i severely doubt it as i was using the telemetry and all was looking good and not dropping any heat after the race started and all stable.

Where do we find the reference pressure's?

Also how do we change the temperature i seem to be in fahrenheit rather than celsius. I've tried changing Matric to imperial but obviously i dont want that as it changes the MPH to KPH
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Pulling my hair out here, Sports Car Lites at Brands Hatch i qualy in 2nd with .0034 behind pole plenty of grip on track to push and that was in the rain.

The race though is a different matter its like im racing on ice and after 7 or 8 restarts i have not managed to complete the first lap without spinning out tell a lie 1 race i managed to get on my 2nd lap and spun on the first corner. Overcast conditions.

Any help welcome.

Also i dont know if its because of 100% agg but starts now im finding everytime im overtook by 5 or 6 cars.

Same issue in the Indycar Final Championship.......(my career is blocked by this issue, no chance to finish the first race)

Still did not find any difference between setup, tyre pressure, and level of fine tuning between the Pole Position setup and the Race one.
    All levels looks ok, but car spins around sensless - no chance to end the first turn safe.
    The following user likes this Post: UkHardcore23

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Same issue here! Very grippy in quali/practice/private testing but spinning out every turn in the race. (Audi R8 LMS in Circuit of the Americas and Long Beach) Maybe a bug in the latest patch? Did not have these issues before.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilazza View Post

This.
    The race start has automatic preheating of tires, which puts it at a different pressure+ temperature to what you may have achieved out of the pits from a cold start.

It takes a few laps for the temperature and pressure to settle to where you have it tuned. Also the track is more "rubbered" so, where you might feel more grip while on the racing line, off the racing line there is less.

Take it easy the first couple laps until the car settles, the AI settles and then you can attack. Lap 1-2 is all about survival.

Edit: tire pressure guide
    Last edited by hkraft300; 21-02-2018 at 23:48.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Jetsun, Levelup1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Do you use assists like stability control and traction control?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I think this links back to the PS4 not being able to handle certain situations with too many cars. I've the same situation at the PWC races at COTA and Long Beach, as well it's been mentioned previously about Indianapolis with the Indycar. I've found that if I run the same race with 15 or less AI I have no problem. It doesn't help career mode though as you can't change the number of opponents. Hope this helps.
    The following user likes this Post: Levelup1