Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Graphics on PS4 are awuf

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    After a break, updated the game yet again. And finding it hard to find anything awuf about the game/sim.

And happy to be able to bump my favorite all time thread

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I've been saying the same thing since the game was released. Updates 5 and 6 made it playable, but I do not get any immersion and the graphics are terrible, I still play PC1 more than PC2.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have both GTS and PC2, for me GTS has better graphics.

But finally i really enjoyed the drive and car feeling and the telemetry data from PC2 and also the great friendly community!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by vackvak View Post
    I have both GTS and PC2, for me GTS has better graphics.

But finally i really enjoyed the drive and car feeling and the telemetry data from PC2 and also the great friendly community!
    Good recovery...LOL
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The graphics have improved since patch 5.0 and 6.0 on the PS4 Pro no idea if its the same on standard PS4. You defo couldnt call them awful now on the Pro and they are not to far away from the first title. Think it's just the CPU cars where you notice a massive drop in detail compared to the first game.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    PS4
    I don't would call it "awful graphics" now on PS4 Amatuer,it has improved in the last 2 updates, it still got a little space to improve the squared edges in cockpit view, improve AA and shadows, but 8 can also understand it has to be quite complex working with the hardware of the basis PS4 getting in mind al what project Cars 2 move like the livetrack 3.0

Sure thing that PC1 was a step ahead in graphics on the base PS4, but i find that PC2 has better framerate, which for me is very welcomed.
    Maybe if SMS added dynamic resolution to PC1, the graphics wouldn't be so good, cause in stressful situations the game would lower the resolution to 900p or a bit lower

And yes, GTS is beautifully done with great graphics, but it does not transmit the sensations that PC2 and even PC1 offers, it hasn't even dynamic climate change or day-night cycle, and a very basic and quite broken Tyre model, very basic colision physics and damage..

So I'm on a point where I prefer a bit poorer graphics, but enjoy racing, driving, having a better FFB and having a good simulation of a racing weekend in quite a lot of different categories... Just love endurance championship with LMP1, LMP2 and GTE on track and the need to make strategy such what Tyre fit on night, or have that experience that you don't know if enter into box or stay out when it starts raining..

So, if SMS can improve a bit more the graphics, great, but I prefer at the moment that before that, they maintain framework as an important part and that they keep improving and fixing issues and bugs before.
    Current Rig: Playseat Challenge + Trusthmaster T150RS + T3PA pedals + brake Mod.
    UDP APP's:RSDash, Dashmeter pro for AC/PC, PCarsTT.
    FFB PCars2:RAW,65,40,35,35,0'40.
    My lema: "SimRacing For Fun!"

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    In the beginning I also had problems with the graphics but a lot got improved and often just have to get used to it. Itīs true; PC2 doesnīt look much better than PC1. Thatīs something that was dissapointing people for sure. A lot of changes are in the background with dynamiv lightning and weather. Often too much to handle for the PS4 and so we have to live with some flaws. The Textures on cars are quite rough. And the AA, could be better. Especially in darkness the white lines and bad AA looks terrible. Also the 3D trees, a known problem, eats a lot of memory.
    All in all I gotta say it look great though. Especially in dawn/dusk and rain. Also the colors look much more realistic than GTS I think. GTS is just a pig with a lot og make up on.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes the game looks like trash. I have the game running on ps4 pro tried the different video options couldn't believe the disappointment I'm running 4k oled LG hdr. Unfortunately if you want it looking like Gran Turismo you need a pc.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes the game looks like trash.
    Way to start your first post...
    I got a Pro and a "regular" LG HD tv and the game looks fine for me...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: amazed, Donnced, ScaredDuck, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Trees are the most disturbing thing about graphics. They look unrealistic. Palms and pines look fine but the other ones(those leafy things) are not good at all.