Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics on PS4 are awuf

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    Which to be fair was dead on arrival spec wise, and that was already 4 years ago. I'm surprised it is actually able to run PC2 in the first place.
    Please don't berate the poor wee PS4 so harshly... it certainly has it's... 'limitations', but it can still provide great gaming. Just witness this epic race that I had tonight on pC2 on my PS4 Pro (obviously utilising Resolution Mode for extra-special-awesome-graphical-eyecandytastic-realism) -

Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Bràth

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    ^^
    that game was so awesome
    remember playing it when I was about 6yo
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Invincible, Sessionerror, Sum Dixon-Ear

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I would also prefer if they would remove the 3D trees and other blingbling to implement a decent AA for it on Standard PS4.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FreefallRLC, Lapos1979

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Regarding the graphics on standard PS4, me too, I find them far below the competition. But I do not think SMS can improve things. However, I wish a better fluidity in the game because there are many slowdowns and it's really unpleasant.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Which to be fair was dead on arrival spec wise, and that was already 4 years ago. I'm surprised it is actually able to run PC2 in the first place.
    What alot of nonsense! PCARS 1 looked AMAZING on the OG PS4!

Let me guess PC Master Race = Consoles are crap dead on arrival blah blah blah!?!? Give us a break - PCARS 1 was a stunning looking game on our beloved PS4's!
    Last edited by UkHardcore23; 22-02-2018 at 08:37.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.
    The following user likes this Post: NateDawg

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    What alot of nonsense! PCARS 1 looked AMAZING on the OG PS4!

Let me guess PC Master Race = Consoles are crap dead on arrival blah blah blah!?!? Give us a break - PCARS 1 was a stunning looking game on our beloved PS4's!
    Yes, 3 years ago. Games including project cars evolved since then and the standard PS4 didn't. There's an entire new rendering system, enhanced live track and 3d trees for example. But hey if you're happy with your PS4 more power to you, just don't blame devs if they have to scale everything back to be able to run on it .
    Join us for 3 short races with 'Friday Night Fun' (8PM eastern/1AM UK/2AM Europe): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ght-Fun-Server
    Or come on Saturday same hour for the 'Saturday Night Special' (a single one hour race with mandatory pit): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...aces-Saturdays
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Invincible, RoccoTTS

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes, 3 years ago. Games including project cars evolved since then and the standard PS4 didn't. There's an entire new rendering system, enhanced live track and 3d trees for example. But hey if you're happy with your PS4 more power to you, just don't blame devs if they have to scale everything back to be able to run on it .
    I wish they did scale back all those 3D trees totally not needed on consoles and taking up quite large resources i'd image and they only look marginally better than PCARS 1 trees infact im sure most people dont even notice the difference! Those resources should of could of been much better spent elsewhere.

Well at least you say they have scaled everything back it's as clear as day graphics and audio have took a nosedive yet we have some people trying to convince us otherwise.
    Last edited by UkHardcore23; 22-02-2018 at 08:55.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Lapos1979, WarmRed

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    I wish they did scale back all those 3D trees totally not needed on consoles and taking up quite large resources i'd image and they only look marginally better than PCARS 1 trees.
    I think it interlines with the seasons so the same tree model is altered, you'd have to make 4 different versions of static 2D trees then. This is also us assuming that they are a big tax on the graphics I'm not sure if they are, it might be other factors too. The game looks a lot better on my end now than PC1 ever did especially with the improved skies and lighting, having graphics on high is already taxing on a PC with a good graphics card that's a couple of years old so I can only imagine how much juice it takes from the consoles.
    Join us for 3 short races with 'Friday Night Fun' (8PM eastern/1AM UK/2AM Europe): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ght-Fun-Server
    Or come on Saturday same hour for the 'Saturday Night Special' (a single one hour race with mandatory pit): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...aces-Saturdays
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Invincible, RoccoTTS

Platform
    PC
    I think it interlines with the seasons so the same tree model is altered, you'd have to make 4 different versions of static 2D trees then. This is also us assuming that they are a big tax on the graphics I'm not sure if they are, it might be other factors too. The game looks a lot better on my end now than PC1 ever did especially with the improved skies and lighting, having graphics on high is already taxing on a PC with a good graphics card that's a couple of years old so I can only imagine how much juice it takes from the consoles.
    Not only that, the Livetrack 3.0 and the improved tire models are also pretty taxing. And you wouldn't want those cut back to arcade level, right?
    And before someone comes with "PC mustard rave" again, I have this game for PS4 pro too.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: mister dog

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I seem to remember reading through the years the reason why racing titles and sim titles dont include 3D trees and opt for 2D is they do infact takes quite a huge amount of tax on resources, Some people have said 3D trees are needed for VR? You dont have weird banding and tons of lines and squares in the skyboxes like we have?

It sounds like SMS went all out on PC and made a game that doesnt run on consoles well. I dont get that logic when most sales are on consoles.
    The following user likes this Post: WarmRed