Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213
Results 2,121 to 2,128 of 2128

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Try out Monza... The First Corner the A.I be Fighting punting each other off Road!!!! Its Funny and I laugh when its A.I vs A.I but weird thing is its Frustrating when they Hit Me.... LOL .... I close the gap but that particular Right Left is Slow and A.I/ every 1 catches up Quick and its Not alota room to play with and If you go in Hot the Curbs Really upset the car alot and you lose more than you gain.

The more I play Monza the more I like it Now.... its a Easy Track to Run but Hard to be Fast on... its a Very Deceptive and Tricky Track....Same for Zandorvoort.
    I have. I usually run a qualification before races, and even when starting in a pack, I go through T1 with no contact, usually wheel to wheel with another car. The thing to remember is, the AI isn't human. It has no discretion, only rules. The AI makes its decision, as to how it will take a corner, as it's approaching the braking zone. The decision seems to become fairly locked as they entered the braking zone, and will rarely change, regardless of what you do. A person would see you and react, but the AI is already committed. So the position of the AI cars at that moment is what you need to read and navigate. And sometimes that means hanging back and giving them the corner, or staking out your line as early as possible in the run up to a slow corner off a long straight. Monza, Misano, Zandvoort, etc... I don't have any trouble with getting rear ended. I'm not saying it's never happened, but it's definitely far from the norm, only happens once in a while, and I can usually trace it back to how I approached the corner. Not that I did anything wrong. Human vs human, things would have been fine, but against the AI, it's a different story, and you do have to adjust your driving defense a bit.

Monza is hard, because even the slightest mishap on corner exit will cost you big time, because most of them open up to long straights. I don't think there's any other track that's a better example of the benefits of the "slow in; fast out" strategy.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    I've been racing in VR the past few days and thinking about the differences as I go back and forth between goggles and screen. Came across this video today. Interesting to see his laps times being consistently higher on screen. Not much, just a tent or two, but it was consistent, across the board. Interestingly enough, unlike the last time I tried to play both VR and screen, this time, I don't have any real trouble switching between the two. No real warm up time needed.

PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

The following user likes this Post: sherpa25

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    I have. I usually run a qualification before races, and even when starting in a pack, I go through T1 with no contact, usually wheel to wheel with another car. The thing to remember is, the AI isn't human. It has no discretion, only rules. The AI makes its decision, as to how it will take a corner, as it's approaching the braking zone. The decision seems to become fairly locked as they entered the braking zone, and will rarely change, regardless of what you do. A person would see you and react, but the AI is already committed. So the position of the AI cars at that moment is what you need to read and navigate. And sometimes that means hanging back and giving them the corner, or staking out your line as early as possible in the run up to a slow corner off a long straight. Monza, Misano, Zandvoort, etc... I don't have any trouble with getting rear ended. I'm not saying it's never happened, but it's definitely far from the norm, only happens once in a while, and I can usually trace it back to how I approached the corner. Not that I did anything wrong. Human vs human, things would have been fine, but against the AI, it's a different story, and you do have to adjust your driving defense a bit.

Monza is hard, because even the slightest mishap on corner exit will cost you big time, because most of them open up to long straights. I don't think there's any other track that's a better example of the benefits of the "slow in; fast out" strategy.
    While this may be true IMO RRE adaptive A.I still Behave and Race more Human like... They Don't seem Locked into 1 set path and are much more aware of your prescience on or off the Racing line... EX: You go into a Corner Hot but manage to correct your facing line before they are Nose in on you they will back off...in this short Multi Class Race Clip you can the DTM A.I back off until it had the clear way to pass, Shortly after that you will see the LMP2 in the rear view mirror Quickly making its way through traffic setting up for the pass... It waits till I run wide the goes for it.

I'm Not saying ACC A.I is bad or trash its just very aggressive and once it locks in to go for a spot it won't back off even if your there... It needs to be further tweeked be more aware of your current track position and when to back off and draft to avoid contact... RRE A.I is very good at this and it creates a Very Strategic and Challenging Race experience.

Last edited by GrimeyDog; 28-11-2019 at 14:24.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Morning guys

I have ACC but never viited after th einitail release due to teh issues however I want to have a look at the game again but have a couple of issues

1. How the hell do you start a car - I have starter & ignition mapped , shifter is working, pedal show input but no forward momentun - what am I missing
    2. VR - its very "glassy" lik elooking through a bittle bottom and vert shiny - any suggestions

Many thanks
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:to suit | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:100 | Nat DMP :25| Nat FRI: 005|brF:50| F.EFF.INT:100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Morning guys

I have ACC but never viited after th einitail release due to teh issues however I want to have a look at the game again but have a couple of issues

1. How the hell do you start a car - I have starter & ignition mapped , shifter is working, pedal show input but no forward momentun - what am I missing
    2. VR - its very "glassy" lik elooking through a bittle bottom and vert shiny - any suggestions

Many thanks
    Ingition should be a toggle function although I think you can also set it to hold(meaning that it needs to constantly be pressed for ignktion to be on).

In default mode you should be able to press ignition once(ignition is on now) and press the engine start button(keep it pressed for about q second or more to allow the car to start). It's always wise to press the clutch while starting.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Morning guys

Many thanks
    If you're in the pits, you need to hold the start button, not just press it once. In practice, once you've turned the ignition on, you don't have to turn it on again when you go back to the pits, you can just press and hold start. When starting a new session (Practice, quali race) the ignition is reset and will always need to be turned on the ignition again before starting. Race starts/restarts always reset the ignition to off.

At race start, you can start the ignition and engine, but won't be able to use the throttle until the game enables controls. Without bass shakers on, it's actually harder than it needs to be to tell when the car is on and running. It's really odd.

Platform
    PC
    Sneaky peaky ! Sound is great !Looks really nice also ! Wonder how much it will cost ?
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Sneaky peaky ! Sound is great !Looks really nice also ! Wonder how much it will cost ?
    Kunos, like SMS, have previously done very reasonably priced DLC. Since the game was reduced to 40 Euros I'm thinking 15 Euros for the dlc? 20 tops.