Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Threaded View

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    You're talking about current ACC. This video is a year old. The FFB wasn't like that back then. There wasn't much curb/bump/texture feel, and the tire model only had a single point contact patch. It was totally possible to run curbs in the early versions without any fight.
    Yes agree and Noted in prior post video is from 2018 and we cant be 100% sure how much has changed regarding FFB and Dyn Dpg calculations.

But still Dyn Dpg as Described by the KS Dev works principally the same... and from what I feel it takes away Road Feel and Adds wheel weight especially in Fast corners like at Monza that tend to simulate speed/G Forces with wheel weight but a track like 2018 Silverstone it feels better because the turns aren't as fast so Dyn Dpg isn't Muting/ Damping Road and Tire Feel with Extra added wheel weight.

My Question is even though Dynamic Damping seems to be working as its intended...Due to the Nature of How it works is if its really Needed for DD wheels because DD wheels can put out a much broader range of wheel weight and FFB feel at the same time without clipping than Consumer Non DD wheels... Seems based on How Dyn Dpg works its better suited for Non DD wheels to help reduce clipping In Fast corners when wheel is under heavy load.

Just Random thoughts, Random Questions to discuss and to see what opinions are.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 14-11-2019 at 17:21.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1