Page 212 of 213 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213 LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2126

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    Off Topic... Any 1 know any Web sites that I can buy just a Wheel Rim that's the same Basic Shap of the Fanatec McClaren rim that will fit on the Xbox Universal Hub?
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Still not really sure which way I like better, regarding Dynamic Damping. But I don't think any fidelity is being lost. After running long stints with it both on and off, I don't see any difference in laps times. I feel there's a slight difference in how understeer feels, both the onset and duration after traction loss. Initially, in the first lap or two, the FFB felt flatter, like the fidelity had been reduced, but by lap three, I realized it wasn't flatter. All the fidelity was there. Some forces just felt a little different.

Based on what Aristotelis said in his comment (https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i.../#post-1005331), the additional weight from the friction Dynamic Damping is trying to simulate at high speeds might be enough to oversaturate some wheels, but I believe that's just low-end belt driven wheels. DDs have enough power and response to handle the additional weight in high speed corners without muting the feel. I believe a lot of driver comments, come from people using belt drives that are becoming oversaturated, or DD users that are applying too much wheel side Friction, Dampening, or Interia.

Also... I was wrong about the effects in ACC. I have them all turned off. The only scales I use are Gain and Dynamic Dampening. I get plenty of surface and curb detail without using the in-game enhancements.

I'm going to do one more comparative test tonight at Misano. That track is nothing but a mix of great really good high speed technical corners, so the effects of dynamic damping should really show there. If my lap times remain the same there, I'll probably just leave Dynamic Damping on, because the gyroscopic forces it simulates are realistic, and, to me, give the FFB a slightly more analog (real feel) than with it turned off. Dynamic Damping at 0 feels fine, but just a tad more digital to me.

That said, if after Misano I do decide to keep it, I may play with different levels. So far, I've only really compared 0 and 100. It's possible 50 or 75 is a better balance.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Gave each setting 30 minutes at Misano. This time there was a difference in laps times. I was about .700 slower with the Dynamic Damping set to 0. With it at 100, I was much faster and had better control in high speed corners.

Misano is a track I learned in ACC, but I don't know it nearly as well as Silverstone or Spa, where I was testing Dynamic Damping before. The track familiarity might be why my times remained close to my bests on those tracks. But at Misano, I'm way more dependent on feel. And was down considerably without it set to 0.

I'm leaving Dynamic Damping at 100.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for testing this with Me... Could be a Difference in wheels, Wheel Software or even just personal FFB taste but I have come to the opposite conclusion for Me Dyn Dpg feels best at 0.... Its Not that Dyn Dpg feels Bad I just don't like the extra wheel weight it gives and it often causes Me to miss My marks on turns...the extra wheel weight throws My turning speed off and I have to slow way down until the extra wheel weight drops off to readjust....I had it set to 100 for the longest time and don't even know how it was reset to 0.... Before last update when I was Racing Silverstone I'm sure it was @100 after the last update it was reset to 0 and I wasn't aware of it...I also had switched to Learning Monza (I Never Liked that track ) that's when I noticed Dyn Dpg was @ 0 instead of 100... After setting it back to 100 is when I really felt the Differences because the wheel weight would Load up soo much in fast corners that I started turning in game and on wheel FFB settings down....after a while I turned Dyn Dpg back to 0 with the same reduced On wheel and In Game FFB settings and the wheel weight felt too light...that's when I started researching asking Questions about what it does and how it works.

I used the Porsche, Merc and BMW while testing what cars did you use???... I'm currently Learning Misano also... Have you done Paul Richard yet??? I like it.

What ever the case ACC FFB is Brilliant!!!
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    It really doesn't add much weight to wheel for me. I simply turn the Gain down 4 clicks when I have it on, and it's fine. There isn't nearly enough of a difference to affect the speed at which I rotate my steering wheel. Maybe it is hardware difference. I don't run any additional enhancements in SC4, just a little Friction is all.

I drive the Porsche (18 and 19), Ferrari, Lexus, NSX, Bentley, and BMW.

I forced myself to learn Paul Riccard a while ago. It's a lot of fun once you learn the flow of it. There really aren't many tracks I don't know at this point. I have my favorites, but like variety. The only sim that still has some unfamiliar tracks for me is AMS.

Misano is a strange one. Whenever I come back to it after a long while, I'm WAY off pace. More than with other tracks after a break. It takes a few practice sessions for me to get it back, and then suddenly I go from 25th to 11th one lap and then a few laps later I'm running in the top three. Not sure, but I think it just takes me a while to find me braking points and entry speeds again. Being off, even a little, on those corners will cost you.
    Last edited by Haiden; 19-11-2019 at 14:33.

Platform
    PC
    I love the Feel of ACC... But right Now the A.I suck with agression 65 and even as Low as 50 tracks Like Monza and Zandvoort they still Hit you off the road in corners.... IMO RRE still has the best A.I but ACC has caught up with FFB and Physics feel.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I love the Feel of ACC... But right Now the A.I suck with agression 65 and even as Low as 50 tracks Like Monza and Zandvoort they still Hit you off the road in corners.... IMO RRE still has the best A.I but ACC has caught up with FFB and Physics feel.
    Try raising the Aggression. They will go for any gap on the inside. If you're not all the way over covering that line, they will dive for it, and hit you when you turn in. The AI is really good, though. When I switch from multiplayer to single, I often forget I'm in single player. I never race with names on, and it just feels the same. I have aggression set to 85, and they race fine, as long as I close the inside when they're in range.

The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Nice...I will try raising the A.I agression and see how they do.... Maybe I have it set too low so they drive with less regard to Me being there.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 27-11-2019 at 12:36.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Nice...I will try raising the agression and see how they do.... Maybe I have it set too low so they drive with less regard to Me being there.
    Yeah... I think that might be it. One of the devs said something in the forums during EA that made it seem like they don't always test things as extensively at lower difficulty settings. Again, not that saying that was the case, but it was implied. Wouldn't surprise me.

But the gap thing makes a huge difference. They will go for a small gap that, if you were racing in other sims or multiplayer, you could normally considered closed. But in ACC, they will go for it.

Platform
    PC
    Try out Monza... The First Corner the A.I be Fighting punting each other off Road!!!! Its Funny and I laugh when its A.I vs A.I but weird thing is its Frustrating when they Hit Me.... LOL .... I close the gap but that particular Right Left is Slow and A.I/ every 1 catches up Quick and its Not alota room to play with and If you go in Hot the Curbs Really upset the car alot and you lose more than you gain.

The more I play Monza the more I like it Now.... its a Easy Track to Run but Hard to be Fast on... its a Very Deceptive and Tricky Track....Same for Zandorvoort.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 27-11-2019 at 12:52.
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer